Would you trade D-Rob for Haynesworth

Green Jets & Ham

Would you trade D-Rob for Albert Hynesworth?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you trade D-Rob for Albert Hynesworth?

• YES
    • NO

Exactly what thugs are on the Pat's?? Belichick doesn't take any problem children either so why are you trying to put this on The Jets choir boy image!! Thugs and punks will let you down when it counts, they always do..Thats from over twenty years of coaching high school football to know thats an absolute FACT..

Character guys always win out in the end. Mangini is a patient man and he will get his big D line guys and not have to settle for a felon which is what Hainesworth would be this very moment if it doidn't happen on an NFL field and obviously a very christain man in Dallas who is willing to forgive. You are a good post guy on this sight but this is a poor troll move from you...piss poor I say!!

First off, what off-field problems has Haynesworth been associated with for you to label him a "problem child".

The guy made a stupid decision on the football field in the heat of battle.

It's not like he murdered anyone or has 5 DUI convictions.

First off, what off-field problems has Haynesworth been associated with for you to label him a "problem child".

The guy made a stupid decision on the football field in the heat of battle.

It's not like he murdered anyone or has 5 DUI convictions.

Answer the question chief! Belichick take him or not! Stepping on someone's face and them needing 30 stitches to close the wounds is a little more than a stupid decision, it is in fact a serious crime! Its a punk move and if you read around you would know he is a bit of a cheap shot artist..No way Jets ever take him and you sound like a closet Jet fan anyway seeing as your interested in us acquiring him, that would hurt your Pat's wouldn't it..What is your motivation??

Answer the question chief! Belichick take him or not! Stepping on someone's face and them needing 30 stitches to close the wounds is a little more than a stupid decision, it is in fact a serious crime! Its a punk move and if you read around you would know he is a bit of a cheap shot artist..No way Jets ever take him and you sound like a closet Jet fan anyway seeing as your interested in us acquiring him, that would hurt your Pat's wouldn't it..What is your motivation??

It won't hurt them if what you say is true. Maybe patsfantx is trying to trick us into taking him by saying it's a good move just so it would mess up the Jets...hmmm...

I still think we should do that trade if they pick up DRob's cap and get rid of all the penalties that would happen because of it.

It won't hurt them if what you say is true. Maybe patsfantx is trying to trick us into taking him by saying it's a good move just so it would mess up the Jets...hmmm...

I still think we should do that trade if they pick up DRob's cap and get rid of all the penalties that would happen because of it.

The bottom line is that Haynseworth would give the Jets much better production on the football field than DFat.

No one knows how all the "other" things would play out.

• 1 month later...

It's a tough call to me. Both will need new contracts very soon. We can absorb DRob in '07 but in '08 his cap # balloons up to $8M or so again. Haynesworth would obviously get a new deal the day we trade for him & we'd have at least the framework for that worked out before the trade. DRob? Would we offer him a new contract with a fat signing bonus (again) after the 2007 season? If not, we need to find another NT within a year anyway. Haynesworth is only 25 and should be entering the prime of his career where (ideally) he would stay for the duration (or at least the bulk) of a new contract.

It's a tough call. Right now, I'd say no. But let's see what DRob does over the last 4 games.

The thing is this: We play a 3-4 defense that needs a true space-eater in the middle. 330-lb DT's with ability AND experience AND youth AND availability simply don't come around that often. The only way one becomes available is if their old team either doesn't want him anymore (like in this case, maybe) or if they've found a replacement through the draft or otherwise (like Baltimore letting Keomeatu go & drafting Ngata). It could very well be the rarest type of player in the NFL. It's why someone like Ted Washington can still find work when he's 37 years old. On the flip-side, he's definitely a turd & not the most durable one at that.

Like I said - tough call. Seriously doubt it would get done, as DRob is not only doing a good job of late, and Mangini seems to REALLY like the guy. Interesting idea & it should be re-examined after the season's over. I don't think it's a no-brainer in either direction right now.

Archived