Time for Clemens?

JetCane

why not give Clemens a quarter or so to get his feet wet?

That's what we were thinking. Give him some relatively meaningful snaps to get his feet wet; not two minutes of handing off and throwing a couple of balls.

That's what we were thinking. Give him some relatively meaningful snaps to get his feet wet; not two minutes of handing off and throwing a couple of balls.

I'd rather we give Brad Smith snaps over Clemens. He deserves a shot to be our QB of the future and he has leader written all over him.

Comparing anybodys arm to Leftwich's is unfair. He has a missile arm.

Tom Bradys arm would look below average compared to Leftwich's.

That being said, say what you want about Chad. He's a good leader, he's an accurate passer, a real tuff sonofagun......but when we play tuff defenses he doesnt bring his A game, ever. His arm strength allows for no leeway if the timing of the route is not right, and all good defenses disrupt the timing. They take him completely out of his game, every single effing time.

Chad is the future of the New York Jets - in 2006.

Kellen Clemens is the future of the franchise.

Kellen Clemens should've been inserted into this game at 38-0.

Although, so should've David Garrard or Quinn Gray for Jacksonville but they kept on trying to run up the points.

Yes, Clemens should have played the entire 4th quarter.

As for the score, I dont have a problem with the other team trying to score. Did the Jets stop trying? Why should Jax?

Yes, Clemens should have played the entire 4th quarter.

As for the score, I dont have a problem with the other team trying to score. Did the Jets stop trying? Why should Jax?

The Jets didn't try the entire game.;)

Both Chad and Leftwich should have been out of this game earlier.

Clemens should have been to get experience playing and Leftwich being in by delRio is a lack of smarts to keep your starter in a game like this so late.

Kellen Clemens broke a guy's ankles on a scramble, heheh. Alright, it might've not beein brokn, but it was at least injured. How about we try Brad Smith next time, then flip it back to Clemens who was the running back, who flips it over to Coles, who bombs it to Cottchery, who gets tackled but keep his knee up and runs in for a TD :)

It aint like LeftySamwich was putting up career numbers, guys.

He was 9-20 for 140. BFD so he stayed in the game. He has played every down this season (at least no other Jax qb has thrown a pass from what I can see on their stat page) so it looks like DelRio just stuck to his basic MO.

The fact the Jets gave up 41 is much more troubling than leaving lefwich in.

Archived