Awful all around, but pennington had 3 chances

Boozer76

to tie this game and failed miserably each time. The last throw that the refs blew was a prayer. There are tons of times where an NFL QB is faced with a chance to drive the team down the field and tie or win the game. Good QB's look forward to that opportunity and typically play their best in those spots. Furthermore, they are usually successful more often than not. Today, our QB had not 1 but 3 opportunities to do so and failed. Wouldn't be terribly dissappointing if not for the fact that he failed MISERABLY against the worst D in the NFL. Pressure and Chad are as compatible as oil and vinegar.

Bad game all around...

Chad especially, had that deer in head lights look all afternoon.

But it shouldn't matter how many times you drive down the field with a shot to score. That is really meaningless in the scheme of things.

If that call is reversed and the Jets sneak out a win in OT Chad is 'clutch.'

Not in my eyes. He practically threw trhat ball with his eyes closed. he had a defender right in his face, no way he saw his receiver clearly. If we came away with a win in that game i would have said pennington just pulled a Rex Grossman ala the CHI/AZ game 2 weeks ago.

it's all about accuracy and if Chad isn't accurate the Jets aren't winning. Period.

chad had a poor game

when that happens the Jets usually lose

The coaches aren't blameless either going to the Brad Smith as QB 3rd down package far too many times.

the end was robbery but the Jets had plenty of chances prior.

people will see the boxscore and blame the run defense, but i got no beef with the way defense played today. offense didn't bring it, especially #10.

Not in my eyes. He practically threw trhat ball with his eyes closed. he had a defender right in his face, no way he saw his receiver clearly. If we came away with a win in that game i would have said pennington just pulled a Rex Grossman ala the CHI/AZ game 2 weeks ago.

Agree. That was pretty much a hail mary that we got "lucky" on.

How do you know he threw the ball with his eyes closed?

It was a great ****ing play, ducked the blitz and threw a 30 yd strike to a spot in the defense where ONLY his reciever had a shot.

Do I think it was a better catch than throw? Yes def.

Chris Baker has those hands? Are you kidding me?

it was a spectacular one handed catch!!!!!!!!!

Penne blows time to see what the kid has

So we're going to give up on a potential playoff run in order to see what the kid has? How's the short bus ride into work?

The bottom line is that Chad had a bad game. It happens. But when the day is done, Chad gives us the best chance to win, and that is what we should be working towards. Victories.

people will see the boxscore and blame the run defense, but i got no beef with the way defense played today.

If you have no beef with how bad the D played then you clearly are looking through DRob sperm tinted glasses. Until they went on all out blitzes they were getting torn apart. No way in hell any NFL D should look that bad against the clelveland browns.

So we're going to give up on a potential playoff run in order to see what the kid has? How's the short bus ride into work?

The bottom line is that Chad had a bad game. It happens. But when the day is done, Chad gives us the best chance to win, and that is what we should be working towards. Victories.

playoffs you are F'n nuts with pats and bears next we go to 4-6

this is an 8-8 team at best and i'm happy with it, i thought we would be luck to get 6 wins

If you have no beef with how bad the D played then you clearly are looking through DRob sperm tinted glasses. Until they went on all out blitzes they were getting torn apart. No way in hell any NFL D should look that bad against the clelveland browns.

How many points did the defense allow? 20? And how many of those were off of turnovers that they weren't really at fault for? 10 was it? So the defense, if not for Chad's bumbling (and Leon to be honest) would have given up...10? You hold a team to 10 points in the NFL on defense and you deserve to win the game.

agreed.

Defense didn't come alive till late in the 3rd.

Kerry Rhodes did a poor job and let the 'soldier' have his way with him.

Run defense isn't even worth commenting on.

It was a great ****ing play, ducked the blitz and threw a 30 yd strike to a spot in the defense where ONLY his reciever had a shot.

WTF does throwing the ball to a spot in the end zone where ONLY his receiver has a shot mean on 4th down?? If he was actually able to pinpoint that throw it would have been in Baker's belly. The defender was right in his face, he knew where his receiver was headed and threw the bal;l to a spot with no idea who was there or not.

How many points did the defense allow? 20? And how many of those were off of turnovers that they weren't really at fault for? 10 was it? So the defense, if not for Chad's bumbling (and Leon to be honest) would have given up...10? You hold a team to 10 points in the NFL on defense and you deserve to win the game.

Dude come on. I am right with you that this game falls on Chad's shoulders, but our D was terrible until they decided to go on sellout blitzes. Dtroughs was eating them alive and Frye looked like manning.

WTF does throwing the ball to a spot in the end zone where ONLY his receiver has a shot mean on 4th down?? If he was actually able to pinpoint that throw it would have been in Baker's belly. The defender was right in his face, he knew where his receiver was headed and threw the bal;l to a spot with no idea who was there or not.

It means exactly what it says.

He gave the reciever a shot to catch the ball, not too complicated.

No idea? I think that's unfair.

where are all the chad supporters??????????????

jet moses where are you

ill be the first to admit that was a HORENDOUS game chad played out there, and it wasn't against an even average defense. This coaching staff has played to his strengths all year(which is short pass game, depending on his usually good accuracy), and today he wasn't good even in that aspect. I will NOT jump off the chad bandwagon, as i still believe he's the best chance this team has to win right now, but he can't play like that, bottom line.

Bad game all around...

Chad especially, had that deer in head lights look all afternoon.

But it shouldn't matter how many times you drive down the field with a shot to score. That is really meaningless in the scheme of things.

Of course he had a weak game, but he did make that throw to Baker under pressure, and it was on the money.

Chad threw the ball like the Old Chad. Actually he threw poorly even relative to the Old Chad. We all thought the wind was going to be a factor but it wasn't down on the field - he just threw way off the mark on better than half his passes. Just didn't have it today. Sometimes this year it's been right on the receivers fingertips - sometimes it's on the numbers - today it wasn't within a few armlengths.

Looking through the schedule, after this loss, with 1 cent, I don't know if we can do better than 7-9. A decent armed QB wins this game, period.

absolutely correct. put frye at qb for the jets and they win this game.

start either clemens or ramsey and bench noodle, just like parcells did with bledsoe.

but mangini is a hypocrite- he benches guys like miller or blaylock, but pennyboy gets a free pass. bad mistake.

Archived