It's Official: Jets Are A Complete Joke

The Gun Of Bavaria

Jesus, we can't even have a simple offseason without complete idiocy, stupidity and sheer incompetence from the Jets FO. It's bad enough we have an on and off idiot, more off than on for a head coach, but this talk of serious discussion of a one for one swap reference Moss for Coles is complete bull$hit.

We all know my previous thoughts on both Moss', but I'd trade for the one and keep the other before even entertaining the thought of brining Coles back in a Jets uniform. 1st of all, if we're in the mood to trade for a WR, WTF didn't we go after Randy Moss. I mean the Raiders traded NOTHING for him...NOTHING. I'd gladly package a pick and SM for RM. In light of my early season SM bashing, I'd even entertain keeping him.

But we're going to go back to the LC experiment? We're going to go back to a WR who pissed all over this team? The Bradway gaffe not withstanding, LC droped a major series of dookies all over the Jets when he left. He burnt every bridge connecting him to the mainland.....and oh by the way, he hasn't done jack squat in Washington.

This move would be an utter and complete joke. Specially considering the Redskins will ultimately CUT Coles in the end. With Mason and Muhammed running around, we're going to package SM in a trade to get him back? Pull your head out of your ass Bradway.

I'm fed up with this team. At some point in time the FO and Coaching Staff needs to assume the roll of a professional football organization and start acting like one. We sit back and let Oakland pull off this trade but we're going to play into Daniel Snyder's hands when he needs a bailout? Are you f-ing kidding me?

Hey why we're at it, perhaps we can trade for Johnny Lam Jones. Oh and someone call Belicihck, I think that a Deion Branch for Terry Glenn trade is a strong possibility.

1st of all, if we're in the mood to trade for a WR, WTF didn't we go after Randy Moss.

Now that is the million dollar question ... and the reason this organization is a joke

Sometimes it seems as if we don't even have a plan .. like we are just flying by the seat of our pants

Randy Moss we didn't want cause he's a bad actor, but Gimpy Coles, who once told this organization to go take a flying #$%&, him we want back in the worst way

This organization is ... well, you said it perfectly Guns ... A JOKE

Now that is the million dollar question ... and the reason this organization is a joke

Sometimes it seems as if we don't even have a plan .. like we are just flying by the seat of our pants

Randy Moss we didn't want cause he's a bad actor, but Gimpy Coles, who once told this organization to go take a flying #$%&, him we want back in the worst way

This organization is ... well, you said it perfectly Guns ... A JOKE

I don't get it?

Is it possible the jets didn't see Moss as the savior like you guys? I didn't.

It's possible they see this as a great oppurtinity to dump fragile sideline santana for Coles ,a guy they never wanted to loose in the first place?

After debating this move with Hambone all day long today, I'm about burned out on Coles for Moss talk....

Sufice it to say, I think Coles is the better WR even with his known foot issue. If he can snag 90+ balls for us in 2005, we're in business big time IMO. I belive a trio of Coles, JMac and Cotch (plus a tall 4th round or 5th round WR pick in this coming draft) makes us set at WR for the next 3-4 seasons.

Yes, there is risk involved, and if Coles fails, especailly due to the foot, yes...I'll be pissed. But I support this move, and I did not support the Randy Moss speculation, as it was, in my eyes, simply too costly to our team as a whole.

IMO, I'm going to wait for the contract details to come out. If we're paying him top-5 WR money, I'll be shaking my head. But is we get him at comparable money to what Santana Moss will get after he gets his extension from Washington, then I believe we'll have made out on the deal.

You know I hate Coles (I gave him the name 'Fredo'), but I like the idea of replacing an absolute bitch like Santana with a tough SOB in Coles. Plus, if he WANTS to come back here, that says alot about what we're getting back, IMO. The toe problem is scary, but Moss has chronic hamstring issues, so to me, it's a wash as far as injury-scare fators are concerned.

I don't get it?

Is it possible the jets didn't see Moss and the savior like you guys? I didn't.

It's possible they see this as a great oppurtinity to dump fragile sideline santana for Coles ,a guy they never wanted to loose in the first place?

Smiz, my point is this ... we don't want Randy Moss cause he's a bad guy, but he never said a bad word about the Jets ... in fact, all he ever said was good things about the Jets when he praised our QB from here to high heaven

But Coles, who tore this organization a new @$$ on his way out the door, Herm says at the Senior Bowl he would love to coach again and none of that matters

Can you explain that logic too me?

I have to admit, I would be doing handstands if we got Randy Moss. Coles is a nice consolation prize, though.

Ham, would it make it any easier if Abe goes to Dallas for their two firsts? Then we can use the #11 pick to draft Erasmus James, the Cowboys OTHER first to draft Jammal Brown and the Jets #26 to draft Troy Williamson?

Yes i can.

L.Coles was distancing himself from the Jets when he left...WHy? he wanted us to keep him,he would have rather stayed in NY.

That was his attempt at looking tough for the skins. Now he has realized his error and wants to come home.

That my friend says alot.

Plus like i said from the minute i heard this deal....An injured Coles is better than a full healthy Moss.

Smiz, I actually understand putting all of that nonsense in the past and taking Coles back ... what I don't understand is why we draw the line at Randy Moss, who granted is a bad guy, but why do we suddenly become boyscouts when it comes to a GREAT PLAYER?

Those are the guys {the great ones} who you're supposed to make some allowances for, not draw your line in the sand

Sort of like the Giants did with LT ... Parcells overlooked a ton with LT cause he was great, and that was certainly not where he decided to draw the line

Draw that line with some hump fullback or something, but not with one of the GOATS ](*,)

Smiz, I actually understand putting all of that nonsense in the past and taking Coles back ... what I don't understand is why we draw the line at Randy Moss, who granted is a bad guy, but why do we suddenly become boyscouts when it comes to a GREAT PLAYER?

Those are the guys {the great ones} who you're supposed to make some allowances for, not draw your line in the sand

Sort of like the Giants did with LT ... Parcells overlooked a ton with LT cause he was great, and that was certainly not where he decided to draw the line

Draw that line with some hump fullback or something, but not with one of the GOATS ](*,)

GOAT??/ what stat wise? ok sure.

But in the NFL stats don't cut it,you need to be more than just Yardage.

Randy Moss is the type of guy who just doesn't care about winning a super bowl,he has proved it with every thing he's even done,quitting,walking routes,walking off the field,hitting a femal traffic cop,getting busted with Pot,more than once.

See i look at those things and i see a guy who won't amount to sh*t in but meaningless stats that will egt him into the HOF....But he won't go in a SB winner. No way.

So you have to ask yourself....do i just want the stats? do i just want moss in the HOF a JET or do i want to win a super bowl?

No question I'd love to have Moss here, for better or worse, but we don't have him. However, I'm kind of curious to see how the rest of the off-season plays out. I think there are alot of irons in the fire right now, and the Jet roster is still far from finished.

No question I'd love to have Moss here, for better or worse, but we don't have him. However, I'm kind of curious to see how the rest of the off-season plays out. I think there are alot of irons in the fire right now, and the Jet roster is still far from finished.
The fact they are even discussing Coles with washington is damn good news for the off season.

Ham you are right...anyone who is okay with taking Coles back should be fine with Moss being here.

Moss has done some stupid things, none of it to us.

Coles has done stupid things to us.

If Coles gets the benefit of a clean slate, then Moss should be afforded the same!

Ham there's absolutely no reason to flip out yet. What would you say if Bradway traded Moss for Coles and then signed Mason to friendly deal all for the price Randy Moss would have been?

YOU KNOW I love Randy Moss and was praying he'd be a Jet. Now is not the time to doubt Bradway. Atleast wait until you see how this thing shakes out. Do we remember Donnie Henderson? Winfield/Barrett? D. Abraham? etc etc.

And although I was pleading for Randy, if we could have Mason and Coles for Randy's price...WE MADE OUT HUGE!

Ham there's absolutely no reason to flip out yet. What would you say if Bradway traded Moss for Coles and then signed Mason to friendly deal all for the price Randy Moss would have been?

YOU KNOW I love Randy Moss and was praying he'd be a Jet. Now is not the time to doubt Bradway. Atleast wait until you see how this thing shakes out. Do we remember Donnie Henderson? Winfield/Barrett? D. Abraham? etc etc.

And although I was pleading for Randy, if we could have Mason and Coles for Randy's price...WE MADE OUT HUGE!

Jetlag, I'd take Randy, J-Mac and Santana over Coles, Mason and and J-Mac in a heartbeat ... in a heartbeat ... as I know you would as well

BTW, I would actually feel a whole lot better about this if I heard the Jets put their best foot forward for Randy and lost

For example, if I heard the Jets had offered John Abe and our #1, but the Vikings opted for the Raiders offer of Harris and their #1, this would be a dead issue and I wouldn't even be thinking about it because that's the best offer I would have made for Randy as well ... I would not have went higher ... but IMO John Abe is so much better than Harris that it at least evens out the discrpency in #1's and thus would have given us at least a 50/50 shot

But that's all water under the bridge now ... just wanted to layout my beef ... I'm ready to move on from Randy Moss and not mention it again

IMO another factor that I don't think should have been underestimated is the Moss/Pennington connection.

They know each other, they like each other. CP is your QB for the next 4 or 5 years, for better or worse, and Moss respects him: that's worth a LOT actually. Moreover CP knows and trusts Moss and would likely fall back into the groove of looking for him and working with him: also worth a LOT, if you think about it.

If Bradway trades Moss+something for Coles, the Jets will be as big a laughingstock as the Vikes are right now.

IMO another factor that I don't think should have been underestimated is the Moss/Pennington connection.

They know each other, they like each other. CP is your QB for the next 4 or 5 years, for better or worse, and Moss respects him: that's worth a LOT actually. Moreover CP knows and trusts Moss and would likely fall back into the groove of looking for him and working with him: also worth a LOT, if you think about it.

If Bradway trades Moss+something for Coles, the Jets will be as big a laughingstock as the Vikes are right now.

You know what's funny? Because of the salaries involves, if this was the NBA, we'd trade Moss for Coles and 2 draft picks to compensate for taking on bad money. I wonder if we can get them to blink. IS TERRY SAVVY ENOUGH TO DO THAT!? One wonders...

Archived