Another JI heavy hitter jumping ship?

Alk

people get all hot and bothered about these rumors and it's a shame that some young (or possibly old) punks crossed the line today.

take heart ham, you know as well as I that the collective football knowledge of the people who got all up in your grill couldn't fill up a thimble.

Ham...you and I had a fight when I first starting posting over there. I know you remember it because you made mention of it recently. Basically it was me being an a$$ and going to far with things (surprise, surprise).

I have since come to really respect your posts. I have realized that what may seem like anger is simply PASSION. And you my friend have more passion that anyone I know.

And that is saying a lot. I come from a family of sports freaks. But I really believe there is nothing you wouldn't do to see the Jets win it all, just one time.

I admire that passion. I admire your loyalyty. And I admire reading your work because it is ALWAYS well thought out. I am not sure what happened. But I will say this, you are not thin skinned. So someone must have really gotten bad with you. Because you deal with differing opnions really well. You always handled them with class.

Good luck to you bro.

GJ & Ham

You know you have my upmost respect for your knowledge on many subjects not just football and the passion you bring and express in your posts.

The personal attacks are uncalled for against anyone-

I wil Enjoy seeing you post here and you better let me pick Matt Roth for the Jets first pick in a Jetnation mock draft!

Ham...you and I had a fight when I first starting posting over there. I know you remember it because you made mention of it recently. Basically it was me being an a$$ and going to far with things (surprise, surprise).

I have since come to really respect your posts. I have realized that what may seem like anger is simply PASSION. And you my friend have more passion that anyone I know.

And that is saying a lot. I come from a family of sports freaks. But I really believe there is nothing you wouldn't do to see the Jets win it all, just one time.

I admire that passion. I admire your loyalyty. And I admire reading your work because it is ALWAYS well thought out. I am not sure what happened. But I will say this, you are not thin skinned. So someone must have really gotten bad with you. Because you deal with differing opnions really well. You always handled them with class.

Good luck to you bro.

The problem with the other board is as the popularity increases, the amount of dumbasses frequenting the board increases to.

JI used to be great for football discussion, but now it is becoming a bitch fest with people just cutting into people for no apparent reasons.

I would say the way JI has evolved over the past year or two, the posting s are similar to what the Patriots' contingent faced in the first few years. Mixed in with the good posts that made a point, were pointless posts based solely on "because I said so."

For myself, I have posted less in the general forum and more in the baseball forum over the last couple of years. Even knuckleheads like BuffBoy, the passion is there and valid points and the arguments make for great threads.

I will say this and I fully expect Ham to see it. I do think he was overreacting just a tad. This all goes back to the taking message boards way too seriously again. If I took them seriously I would have left a long time ago. I do feel the thread was to get a little bit of attention. He could have just as easily sent a PM to Sooth and whoever else but he had to make a big production out of it. No offense to Ham but that's just his style.

YEAH a little professional courtesy, like a PM would bave been REALLY the RIGHT thing to do, JUST LIKE I AM STILL WAITING FOR MINE FROM THE OTHER SITE but you can't put the toothpasts back in the tube now...

GO FAAA

FEEL THE POWER

The problem with the other board is as the popularity increases, the amount of dumbasses frequenting the board increases to.

JI used to be great for football discussion, but now it is becoming a b!tch fest with people just cutting into people for no apparent reasons.

I would say the way JI has evolved over the past year or two, the posting s are similar to what the Patriots' contingent faced in the first few years. Mixed in with the good posts that made a point, were pointless posts based solely on "because I said so."

For myself, I have posted less in the general forum and more in the baseball forum over the last couple of years. Even knuckleheads like BuffBoy, the passion is there and valid points and the arguments make for great threads.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel too.... the signal to noise ratio has gotten corroded, and the nice balance that was going for awhile between the Pats posters and the "old guard" of Jets fans (I include a couple more recent posters of high caliber like Warfish and Troll in that old guard label) has been disrupted.

Diggin' it here, and to the extent that Ham taking a break from JI means that he's over here I'm freaking THRILLED, both for the board and out of selfish interests.

We have our respectful disagreements (although ironically not enough, because I love arguing with him) but he's my favorite poster and more than that GJ is the godfather. Hail to the king, baby.

If you have 1 post or a 10000, it really shouldn't matter

I know you have to earn your wings at any particular site/place....but who is to say that those guys could not turn into Ham junior.

If you allow your site to be run by the posse, and not allow new blood.....you're dead in the water.

Sooth, as well as these guys need new blood, it helps pay the bills.

JMO

I know you have to earn your wings at any particular site/place....but who is to say that those guys could not turn into Ham junior.

If you allow your site to be run by the posse, and not allow new blood.....you're dead in the water.

JMO

New Blood is good--- but it needs to drip in slowly. Mostly it did at JI and brought some excellent new posters (such as Warfish) in the process. A lot of the mediocre posters were "tamed" by the old guard, and became better posters over time.

Eventually it became a flood though and started to drown out what made the board great, and with so many new posters there wasn't enough of a board culture to mold the rookies.

IMO JN will benefit from new blood, but when it starts to get up towards 1500, 2000 posters Maxshane should take a leaf from SoSH and start making it closed registration--- have people send in emails explaining why they should get in: at 1500-2000 the board is a good size, and by email screening Maxshane would ensure that only people who can write coherent, polite emails are added.

I'm not advocating that until the board is a great deal bigger than it is at the moment, but eventually you have to start planning your growth or the signal-to-noise ratio goes to hell.

JMO

JonE you are 100% correct.

However, the amount of YJFs pales in comparison to amount of trolls that come running into JI like a bull in a china shop.

It goes back to what I said earlier. When JI was not as popular, the amount of people the 'regulars' had to break in was small, now that it is very popular, the board becomes flooded with posts of crap.

JI is still excellent, it is just a chore now to find the good threads.

I don't disagree with you at all about the new guys (and that is fuc*ing rare :o )....some new guys that have been on there for about 3 months have 3000-4000 posts already

I have no problem with it....what I do have a problem with is getting into it with a 14-15 year old. Not saying they shouldn't be allowed to post. But they sometimes flood the threads making it difficult to find your response, hams response, seymores response.

I find myself scrolling through threads trying to read the more respected guys!!!

I don't know Sooth all that well, but in general he has been quite nice to me. So I wish him continued success at JI, as I wish these guys success.

I just hope neither site is lessened over these childish "I guess I'll go start my own site" pissy fits!!

JMO

Good luck to you bro.

Thanks for the sentiments, my freind .. the feeling is mutual

After our initial encounter I came to realize what a good guy you are, and that is not faint praise to return the compliment because I have told you this before ... I think I said that the more one gets to know you, the more one gets to like you

No doubt we got off on the wrong foot that first day, but it wasn't long after that you became one of my favorite posters {football AND baseball :wink: } and just an all-around Good Guy in my book

So I can assure you, the feeling has been {and remains} mutual

Just one thing, fellas

I cannot and will not say a bad word about Soothsayer ... I just want that understood

I realize that some of you have had differences with Sean, but he treated me very well so I will never say a bad word about the man ... same as I would never say a bad word to anyone about my friends TomShane, Max, or all of the friends I have made on these forums {and that means many of the folks who are here now}

Just want to make that clear

I know that some of you have had a different experience surrounding your departure or hiatus from JI, but mine had nothing to do with Sean

For me it was simply a matter of discourse ... with the influx of new posters the level of discourse had dropped to an all-time low ... on friday I literally spent the entire day, from morning to nite, fielding a constant barrage of one insult after another

It was at that point when I realized I needed to disappear for awhile ... take a hiatus

I post on these boards for the enjoyment, so when it ceases to be enjoyable what's the point of hanging around?

There is no point to it ... and that's what led me here, where I know I have friends and I know we respect one another in-spite of our differing personalities and/or opinions

Anyhow, I didn't want this affair to get out of hand and have the circumstances surrounding my hiatus defined by others, so I wanted to lay this post down and provide MY DEFINITION of what occured at JI and what led to my hiatus ... so it cannot be mischaracterized by anyone

Now I hope we can let this issue die and just move on to football :wink:

BIG JON, I had the weekend package in 96, the year we ended the drought ... then again in 98, the year we seemingly never lost a home game :)

You guys stink. I have Yankee Season Tickets until 1995. Same the playoff games vs Seattle.

Pretty much the Yankees haven't stopped winning since then! I figure it was me, so I try to go as little as possible.

You guys stink. I have Yankee Season Tickets until 1995. Same the playoff games vs Seattle.

Pretty much the Yankees haven't stopped winning since then! I figure it was me, so I try to go as little as possible.

Max, I also had the best seats in the building

No kidding, I wouldn't trade the seats I had for field-box Row A ... I sat in that middle deck {loge?} right under the upper-deck, Row A {right on the rail} ... infield, between HP and 1B

The view from those seats is indescribable ... absolutely amazing ... better than being in the first row on the field ... and that railing-wall is pretty wide, like having your own personal table :D

They actually don't give those seats to partial-plans anymore ... they are now reserved for only full season ticket holders

Actually that was the case in 98 as well ... I had those seats in 96 and then wanted them back in 98, but the ticket agent at Yankee Stadium said they are only for full season ticket plans now ... so I spoke to her boss and by the time we were finished he gave me my seats ... we just started talkin Yankee baseball and hit it off, he knew I was a diehard, and we had a few laughs ... then he gave me my seats 8)

Ham, don't sweat it, man. We ask that nobody trashes up on Sooth or JI--it's not good for anybody. In fact, we figured (and hope) that this will remain a laid-back joint where opinions are respected (sometimes tolerated :lol: ). We're just some good ol' boys, never doin' no harm.

And the great thing is, the only immature and rude poster are me and Max, and we love you, so don't sweat it, B. :lol:

Archived