The 9-3 New England Patriots!!

Alk

TX, where did you go for part of last week? You were noticeably absent and the board slowed to a crawl. I was going to ask what happened to you but then you posted a few minutes before I was about to make a thread.

We were in a small, sleepy fishing village in southeren Texas for Thanksgiving week with the family.

My wife gave me explicit orders not to take the laptop and discuss football.:eek:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on SJ, the game was on National TV, you get that down in NC, right?

How about some kuddo's to Richard Seymour (a monster game) and Asante Samuel.

Ya know, the Jets gave up less points than the Pats did against the Bears, but lost.

Why was that?;)

cause the jets have a much better d than the hapless pats, thats why they gave up less pts.

Good win by the Pats despite the 2 INT's and 5 total turnovers.

Bears leaving 6 to 10 pts off the scoreboard in the games first 10 minutes killed their chances.

The chest thumpers in this thread are well aware that this type of NE performance will not bode well come play-off time.

Especially, their RZ TOs.

I suppose the Jets could be playoff bound this year, and unless the sophmore jinx rears it's ugly head, should certainly be headed that way next year. Still, and I truly beleive this, no way Jets smell the SB with Chad Pennington as the QB.

I suppose the Jets could be playoff bound this year, and unless the sophmore jinx rears it's ugly head, should certainly be headed that way next year. Still, and I truly beleive this, no way Jets smell the SB with Chad Pennington as the QB.

that may be true but no way the sniff the playoffs without him either...

How many play-off games do you see the Pats winning?

I truly believe they dont go far until they properly replace Charlie and Romeo.

We were in a small, sleepy fishing village in southeren Texas for Thanksgiving week with the family.

My wife gave me explicit orders not to take the laptop and discuss football.:eek:

tell your wife id love to meet her cause she probably wants a real man cause real men dont take orders from there wifes...:) :) :)

tell your wife id love to meet her cause she probably wants a real man cause real men dont take orders from there wifes...:) :) :)

you, my Brooklyn friend have obviosly never been married-or at least in a successful marriage because if you ever were you'd KNOW who the true boss of the house is-and it AIN'T the guy looking at you in the mirror-learn it,understand it,and embrace it and (married) life will be a LOT easier trust me

So Pennington gets no credit in victory over the Pats and Brady does in yesterdays 2 INT game against the Bears? Max is right, you need to take a break.

you cant have a rational convo with this guy he had to be the most annoying poster in here...2 weeks ago hes in here saying great game blah blah blah now he throws anything he can in your face to be a complete loser...

you, my Brooklyn friend have obviosly never been married-or at least in a successful marriage because if you ever were you'd KNOW who the true boss of the house is-and it AIN'T the guy looking at you in the mirror-learn it,understand it,and embrace it and (married) life will be a LOT easier trust me

lol dude iam albanian we rule the house not our wifes and relax i was just kidding with tx...and again find any albanian person and they will tell you the same we dont take orders we give them my florida friend..

Honestly? Maybe one. Not two. The offensive play calling is miserable, inconsistent, lacks any real creativity and some of the game plans have been down right bad. I won't even get into the fact that offensively, they make little adjustment during the game. Josh McDaniels (28 years old) is NO Charlie Weiss. As a matter of fact, I think he sucks out loud as an OC. Nothing would make me happier than to see him and Kevin Faulk gone after the season. (The only reason I want to see Kevin gone is because I have to hold my breath everytime he touches the ball and I'm sick of doing that. :) )

However, I think the defense is playing pretty well considering we have midgets at corner, the starting safeties have been out most the year, the DL has just recently been together without any significant injury and the LB's are decent enough, and very smart. I think Dan Pees has done a terrific job as DC.

Honestly? Maybe one. Not two. The offensive play calling is miserable, inconsistent, lacks any real creativity and some of the game plans have been down right bad. I won't even get into the fact that offensively, they make little adjustment during the game. Josh McDaniels (28 years old) is NO Charlie Weiss. As a matter of fact, I think he sucks out loud as an OC. Nothing would make me happier than to see him and Kevin Faulk gone after the season. (The only reason I want to see Kevin gone is because I have to hold my breath everytime he touches the ball and I'm sick of doing that. :) )

However, I think the defense is playing pretty well considering we have midgets at corner, the starting safeties have been out most the year, the DL has just recently been together without any significant injury and the LB's are decent enough, and very smart. I think Dan Pees has done a terrific job as DC.

You should be a little worried about that Run D, too. After Seau left, the gates seemed to open a little more. I don't know if that was coincidence or not

You should be a little worried about that Run D, too. After Seau left, the gates seemed to open a little more. I don't know if that was coincidence or not

Actually what happened is after Seau was injured, the refs had a little huddle with the Bears O-line and told them that from then on out there wouldn't be any holding penalties called on them.

That's to be expected. I think the run d will suffer a little, but they should be okay. Vrable goes to the middle, Tully Banta-Cain outside. Who knows - they may play a little more 4-3.

Easier said then done.

IMHO the biggest test would be the Chargers. LT has gashed the Patriots everytime they have played and athletic TEs give them trouble.

That being said, the Patriots have done nothing to say they cannot win the title. I would say their 4th seeding is about right. It is not a stretch to say could not beat any of the top 3 seeds.

Really, for all the experience they lost, their playoff HC match-ups are Herm or Shannhan and Cutler, Dungy, Schottenheimer. The one equal has a rookie QB guiding his team.

Archived