How does Michael Irvin still have a job?

Thor99

Talking about Tony Romo on the Dan Patrick radio show.

"He doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete. But he is. He is, man. I don't know . . . some brother down in that line somewhere. . . . I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'hood or something went down."

Recognizing the idiocy of Irvin's comments, Dan Patrick said, "Oh, that's the only way he can be a great athlete?"

"That's not the only way, but it's certainly one way," Irvin said. "If great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandma pulled one of them studs up out of the barn [and said], 'Come on in here for a second,' you know, and they go out and work in the yard. You know, back in the day."

Talking about Tony Romo on the Dan Patrick radio show.

WOW!! I had heard about this but didn't hear the whole thing. If this was Dan Patrick pulling the same stunt it would be a huge mess. Even before this I had no idea why he had a job with them, he is nothing but a black eye to the Network.

WOW!! I had heard about this but didn't hear the whole thing. If this was Dan Patrick pulling the same stunt it would be a huge mess. Even before this I had no idea why he had a job with them, he is nothing but a black eye to the Network.

He's the only guy I can stomach on the entire netowork.

He should've cut ties compeltely, like his boy Olberman.

He got out when he could, and started fresh.

He may be on to something....

I have a friend who makes a mean Lasanga. Her last name is Fitzgerald. My guess is that her great, great, great, great grandma - while strolling the rolling hills of Ireland - took a gander at the Italian man who came over to schill his olive oil and said "I 'gotta get me a piece of that." I mean, that's one way to ensure good lasagna making!

I also have a friend who is a puzzle wiz. NY times Cross word puzzle, the puzzles that come in a thousand pieces. All sorts of puzzles. Her last name is Morales. My guess is that her great, great, great grandma must have gotten lost after she crossed the border - ended up in Colorado. She must have walked past a rail road out there and saw a Chinese fella and said "I 'gotta get me a piece of that." That's one way to ensure puzzle prowness.

HONESTLY, HOW DOES IRVIN STILL HAVE A JOB? THE MAN IS BEYOND PATHETIC.

Dan Patrick is a boring, dry, conceded P.O.S. I can't stand listening to him.

I would rather listen to S.A.S honestly. And Definatly Michael Kay.

I agree with you 100%...D.P. has gone down hill fast...and his humor at times is off base. His time came and went about 5 years ago...

I agree with you 100%...D.P. has gone down hill fast...and his humor at times is off base. His time came and went about 5 years ago...

All of ESPN has gone downhill fast. If I ever want to get highlights from a game or a score i have to go to ESPNews or somewhere else now because all Sportscenter is them concentrating on two or three news items and basically ignoring everything else. The fact that they made Stuart Scott the head anchor doesn't help things either.

ESPN was good when they just concentrated on giving sports score and highlights, and weren't so obsessed with documenting roid boy Bonds or looking to see if anyone in the country has a harder time getting laid than the Schwab.

All of ESPN has gone downhill fast. If I ever want to get highlights from a game or a score i have to go to ESPNews or somewhere else now because all Sportscenter is them concentrating on two or three news items and basically ignoring everything else. The fact that they made Stuart Scott the head anchor doesn't help things either.

ESPN was good when they just concentrated on giving sports score and highlights, and weren't so obsessed with documenting roid boy Bonds or looking to see if anyone in the country has a harder time getting laid than the Schwab.

stuart scott = suicide plz k thx.

But I find Dan Patrick to be insanely obnoxious and condescending honestly.

He apologized, get over it.

This for one thing is something I side with Michael as not a big deal at all. He is trying to give you a players perspective and that's something the players probably would say in the locker room IMHO. He's not that bad of a guy, let it be, I'm glad he wasn't fired.

I don't mind Irvin too much, but his schtick is getting a little old. The fact that a white commentator making the same comments would be publicly castrated is what is so troubling.

yeah but come on man, it's the same old thing...

the same reason that is like that is the same reason why a black man can say cracker but a white man cant say the n word. and it makes sense.

He apologized, get over it.

This for one thing is something I side with Michael as not a big deal at all. He is trying to give you a players perspective and that's something the players probably would say in the locker room IMHO. He's not that bad of a guy, let it be, I'm glad he wasn't fired.

That's fine. If that's not a big deal, then Limbaugh's comments were no big deal either.

If one deserves a firing so does the other. If one can apologize and we can 'get over it', then so can the other.

That's fine. If that's not a big deal, then Limbaugh's comments were no big deal either.

If one deserves a firing so does the other. If one can apologize and we can 'get over it', then so can the other.

What Thor said.

Anyway you slice it it is hypocritical to now call out a white commentator who says something like "Man, you know D-Nabb is so good at the game of football, because his great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother musta been walking down the road and spotted her some tender white meat and said, mmmmm, gotta get me some of that!

Irvins problem is simple. He has the IQ of a turnip.

He sounds like a hyena, and is barely understandable.

Oh, and he comes across as a thug, who always sticks up for major turds.

Dude, only cause your coming from mad conservative white sensibilities...

How else can you explain that I understand him just fine, and he comes off as just energetic to me?

I agree he's can come off as an idiot but its no more than that.

Rush Limbaugh shouldn't have ever been in the NFL Countdown group but since he was Thor I say yeah he shouldn't have been fired for that either, but, he should've never been there in the 1st place. Everyone has their place and Rush's isn't football talk.

Dude, only cause your coming from mad conservative white sensibilities...

How else can you explain that I understand him just fine, and he comes off as just energetic to me?

I agree he's can come off as an idiot but its no more than that.

no, he is a major idiot. may not have a IQ over 80.

a drug user, who wore pimp clothes to his freakin court appearances for gods sake.

wake up dude, he is a embarrasment to people of all colors.

Archived