The Reebok suit hasn't caught on...

uart

Suits are uncomfortable and restrict your movement. In football, you need to move around, and you'll generally be subject to the elements. They also don't look very good to me and ruin the team aspect of the game. Your coach is in different colors than you are, and it just looks foolish. I don't know why anybody would want to wear a suit of their own free choice. Most of us only wear them when forced to. It's an outdated form of clothing that really should no longer exist.

Suits are the single most useless clothing outfit in the world, with the necktie being the single most useless article.

Suits suck plain and simple.

Nice speech. Could you just ring up my order so I can get out of here though?

The only rule the NFL should implement regarding dress code, should be to ban Belichick from wearing the same clothes he slept in the night before a game.

And why is that? If they're not going to allow coaches to wear suits every week if they want, they can shove what they think of Belichick's wardrobe up their a$$.

Perhaps they should wear a piano key necktie??

I would be down with that. Somehow I think Belichick would be first in line. Picture it if you will, Belichick with a sleeveless hoodie along with a piano key necktie. To top things off, he sports a nice bleach blond afro looking thing on his head. He would be the envy of the league...oh wait, he already is.

I like wearing a suit, AND A TIE.

That's right, I'm the man that keeps you down! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But seriously, I think that an NFL coach should dress like someone in an office of respect. And while the pants and jackets are not usually (USUALLY) going to be team colors (although a Jets-green suit might be doable), the tie will ALWAYS be team colors, and the shirt just might match as well.

Also, with the reebok suits, the inside lining of the jacket is the team's primary color. A coach could wear the jacket unbuttoned, and the lining would be plenty visible, as they moved on the sideline...

I like wearing a suit, AND A TIE.

That's right, I'm the man that keeps you down! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But seriously, I think that an NFL coach should dress like someone in an office of respect. And while the pants and jackets are not usually (USUALLY) going to be team colors (although a Jets-green suit might be doable), the tie will ALWAYS be team colors, and the shirt just might match as well.

Also, with the reebok suits, the inside lining of the jacket is the team's primary color. A coach could wear the jacket unbuttoned, and the lining would be plenty visible, as they moved on the sideline...

I don't respect the President because he's in a suit, I respect him because he is the President. I met Justice Scalia a few months ago and I don't recall him being in a suit. Hell, when he presides over cases, he's not in a suit really either, he has the judicial robe and who knows what is under it.

Doctors usually don't wear suits either. If a doctor isn't considered successful and part of a respectable profession, then I wonder what profession is.

Archived