Delhomme the latest QB under fire

faba

Fox to stick with struggling Delhomme at

quarterback

Jake Delhomme is getting too much of the blame for Carolina's offensive woes and will remain the starter, coach John Fox said Monday.

``When you drop back to pass the ball it's a team effort,'' Fox said a day after the Panthers mustered only 264 yards in a 17-13 loss to Washington, which has the 30th-ranked defense. ``Whenever you don't play well enough to win I'm not sure it's one guy. It's definitely not just Jake.''

Delhomme was 23-of-38 for 168 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions against the

Redskins. His second pick was costly. On first down from the Washington 41, Delhomme was pressured and his badly overthrown pass for Steve Smith into double coverage was caught by Washington safety Sean Taylor with 2:09 left.

``I got hit and it obviously didn't go where I thought it was going to go,'' Delhomme said. ``But they were playing coverage to him all day long, maybe once or twice they didn't. He was running and I was trying to throw it down the seam. I didn't anticipate it to go there. But I was giving him a chance on that play.

``That's why that (throw) looked like a kickoff.''

The loss against the

downtrodden Redskins dropped the Panthers (6-5) a game behind New Orleans in the NFC South and continued a maddening inconsistent season.

Delhomme has 12 touchdown passes, nine interceptions and a

passer rating of only 78.7. But Fox said that, barring injury, he'll remain the starter ahead of Chris Weinke.

``I think he's proven he's the right guy,'' Fox said. ``Until he proves otherwise, we'll stay the same. I can't sit here and predict the future, but I don't want to give any inclinations that we're thinking about changing the quarterback.''

Who the hell would they go with? Chris Weinke?:bwahaharoll:

As Kurt Angle would say

It's true

It's damn true

Jake and OC Dan Henning are getting crucified to the point that it is making Chad's issues seem like Romper Room.

They are getting just murdered right now on Sports Talk Radio down here.

Delhomme has had one good season capped with a great SUper Bowl.

Other than that, he's been completely average.

I wouldn't say that.

He was a pro bowler last year and helped get Carolina to the NFC title game last year.

Jake looks like a momentum type qb. When things are good he is real good. When things are bad he is awful.

Panthers just need to ride this out. They haven't run the ball well and their D has been shaky at best without Morgan.

Archived