willie parker almost got big ben killed 2wice!

joewilly

Next to a LT completely whiffing on a block, a RB missing a blitz can get a QB killed.

at least with the lt miss the qb can usually see it coming at least outta the corner of his eye.... the 2 I saw were total blinside crushes with a lot of speed built up from going untouched....ouch

It doesn't matter how big or small a RB is. The don't have to pancake a DE or blitzing LB.

All they have to do is get in the way and knock them off stride.

Parker failed to even do that.

point taken and I'll tell you what that was the biggest thing we (the Jets anyway) worried about Leon Washington not being able to do-he would be sitting watching the games with Derrick Blaylock on the inactive list had he not taken advice from the likes of Curtis Martin on HOW to block-he's done a good job in that deptartment-he hasn't been blown out like Parker was Sunday

point taken and I'll tell you what that was the biggest thing we (the Jets anyway) worried about Leon Washington not being able to do-he would be sitting watching the games with Derrick Blaylock on the inactive list had he not taken advice from the likes of Curtis Martin on HOW to block-he's done a good job in that deptartment-he hasn't been blown out like Parker was Sunday

agreed leon has been a pleasant surprise blocking for chad.

From what I have seen, Washington has done a very nice job with his pass blocking all year long.

Not an easy thing for a rookie RB in the NFL.

I'll tell ya there's two aspects of the offense that I wish we'd see more of-there haven't been any RB screens and Chris Baker has been underutilized

Have the Jets even attempted a screen pass this year?

Maybe Shotty doesn't think PennyBoy has the necessary arm strength to make that throw.;)

Maybe Shotty doesn't think PennyBoy has the necessary arm strength to make that throw.;)

bastid................. seriously, screen passes are much more effective when you have a downfield passing game, which we don't. I don't think there has been an incomplete pass to tim dwight all year has there? I've said this for years, baker is a stud & needs to be in on more pass plays

Troll, quick question for you:

Who do you think is the better QB?

Big Ben or Vince Young.;)

Roethlisberger, because he is a better passer. Not because he had a team around him that was so good that it allowed him to Dilfer his way to a Super Bowl. He's still not better than Jay Cutler, though.

the screen works when you do a 7 step drop better than a 3 or 5.James Hodgkins caught his 1st pass in 3 years Sunday-I don't remember the play but it hadda be a screen but more than likely a dump off on a check down

bastid................. seriously, screen passes are much more effective when you have a downfield passing game, which we don't. I don't think there has been an incomplete pass to tim dwight all year has there? I've said this for years, baker is a stud & needs to be in on more pass plays

I disagree with you joewilly.

Downfield passing will have no impact on the success of a screen pass.

What makes an effective screen pass work is a tremendous pass rush, usually accompanied by the blitz.

Archived