If Chad takes us into...

ECURB

Chad is better then Brees, Delhomme and Bulger too.

Chad is not even close to any of those three.

Chad is in the group with David Carr. If Chad was in the same shoes as David Carr, he would already be out of the NFL.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PennyBoy put 3 whopping points on the scoreboard in 5 quarters of football against the Steelers.

The reason the Jets did not play in the AFC Championship game was because of his poor performance against another good defense.

and how did rothlisberger play in that game yet they still won..and if im not mistakin chad had a better rating then him in that game...

Chad is not even close to any of those three.

Chad is in the group with David Carr. If Chad was in the same shoes as David Carr, he would already be out of the NFL.

Brees and Bulger have both folded vs good defenses and are both products of domes (where chad had played great in his carrer as well.) And Delhomme struggles vs mediocre D's even though he has a top 5 WR in the NFL.

The Chad haters will never back off until he takes us to or wins a Super Bowl... it's unfortunate, but true.

Unfortunately, I agree with that, which is why I don't even bother trying to debate with people anymore. It's almost impossible to change someone's opinion of a player.

Unfortunately, I agree with that, which is why I don't even bother trying to debate with people anymore. It's almost impossible to change someone's opinion of a player.

i dont care what people say i"ll always be behind chad regardless of his play...he"S a great guy on and off the field and if he didnt get hurt all the time i think we would year in year out have a shot at the bowl...and yea tx call me a homer or delirious cause thats all you do say but that the way i look at it...

i dont care what people say i"ll always be behind chad regardless of his play...he"S a great guy on and off the field and if he didnt get hurt all the time i think we would year in year out have a shot at the bowl...and yea tx call me a homer or delirious cause thats all you do say but that the way i look at it...

don't worry about what that joke troll says. him calling ANYONE a homer makes him the biggest hypocrite ever.

Brees and Bulger have both folded vs good defenses and are both products of domes (where chad had played great in his carrer as well.) And Delhomme struggles vs mediocre D's even though he has a top 5 WR in the NFL.

So the last two years when Brees threw for nearly 7000 yards and 51 TDs it was a by-product of playing in New Orleans? :-s

And when Delhomme struggles without a RB and injuries to his OL it is a Delhomme problem vs. Chad having it be a team problem.

Of the these four QBs, only one is not worth 64 million. That is Chad. They all have actually performed decently in the playoffs. You remember when Delhomme took his team to the Superbowl? Or when Brees shredded what was a good Jets' D in the playoffs and lpst because of an idiot kicker? Bulger for all his knocks, is 1 yard away from hitting 300 in all three of his playoff games.

Chad < then 24 of the 32 NFL starting QBs.

So the last two years when Brees threw for nearly 7000 yards and 51 TDs it was a by-product of playing in New Orleans? :-s

And when Delhomme struggles without a RB and injuries to his OL it is a Delhomme problem vs. Chad having it be a team problem.

Of the these four QBs, only one is not worth 64 million. That is Chad. They all have actually performed decently in the playoffs. You remember when Delhomme took his team to the Superbowl? Or when Brees shredded what was a good Jets' D in the playoffs and lpst because of an idiot kicker? Bulger for all his knocks, is 1 yard away from hitting 300 in all three of his playoff games.

PFSIKH-This is a TEAM game.

I thought you were a lot smarter.

This is bull**** patsy spin at it's best.. LOL @ 24 QB's being better then chad LMAO.

PF-Brees played in San Diego last year

I don't understand. Even though I root for the Jets with Chad in there, I'm a hater because I have the audacity to believe we can use with a major upgrade at the position?

If I think Derrick Blaylock or Kevan Barlow were mediocre or bad RB's for us (even in games we won) am I also a hater?

If I think McCariens was a below-average WR even though we surrendered a high 2nd-round pick & gave him a $30M+ contract, am I also a hater?

When I thought Jolley was absolute trash for the Jets was I a hater?

If I think Askew is a lousy FB am I a hater?

Compared to the other playoff teams (except possibly Chicago), we have a distinct disadvantage at the QB position. I say this b/c I am a Jets fan instead of being a Chad fan. No matter how well anyone is playing (Rhodes, Thomas, Houston, etc) I will always be a Jets fan first and a fan of the individual player second.

Picking on Green Bay with ease, like everyone else does (and throwing two picks, not counting the two that GB dropped), doesn't change the fact that he is not a top QB and we are paying him like an elite QB - money that was not and is not getting spent on other positions like CB, RG, RT, etc.

If not for our supremely cushy schedule IMO he'd already be on the bench. Every season he gets my hopes up that he can be in that top tier of QB's that could take us to the next level, and every year we're a contender he lets me down, when we lost playoff games in which a better QB (or a healthy/less fragile QB) would've been the difference between advancing & going home.

Every team that goes to (or wins) the superbowl is not necessarily the best team. To set all these prerequisites for Chad's success does not do him credit. ANY quarterback would be better with a Chad Johnson or a Roy Williams or an immovable OL or a star RB and/or an elite TE. To say that Chad needs these things to display his passing prowess shows his flaws, not his ability.

Look, I hope we run the tables. I hope we get in the playoffs and win all those games and get into the superbowl. And then I hope we win that. And since he's our QB this year, I hope it's with Chad. I simply don't believe it will happen as long as he's in there.

Read PFSIKH's above post.

His post is 100% accurate.

come on tx your like the nat that flies around and you gotta wack him to wake him up to reality..can you give praise where its due cause im sure you where with all those dumb writers and people who thought we would be getting the first pick in next years draft...

PFSIKH-This is a TEAM game.

I thought you were a lot smarter.

It is. Scott is there any player, outside of opposing DBs, that Chad raises their game? No. He makes no one better. Is there a Reche Caldwell-like player on the Jets that was nothing somewhere else and is looking like an NFL comptent player? Coles and Cotchery are good. How good could they be if they had a better QB? Alot.

This is bull**** patsy spin at it's best.. LOL @ 24 QB's being better then chad LMAO.

Goes without saying:

Brady, Manning, Palmer, Brees, Rivers, Bulger, Delhomme, Hasselback, McNabb, Big Ben

Romo - Still early, but he is not a 30+ QB with two shoulder surgeries.

Carr - Put him in Hempstead with even modest talent and could blossom.

Eli - Tons more upside then Chad ever had. Plus, he is 25.

Losman - A little less talent and seems to be turning the corner. Plus, he is 25.

Favre - Still 3x the QB Chad ever was.

McNair - Still 2x the QB Chad ever was.

Green - Has done more then Chad.

Vick - If he can learn to pass. Has an arm 5x stronger then Chad. More upside.

Leinart - Huge pressure. A HS caliber OL and huge upside.

Leftwich - Younger, has shown some ability and more upside.

Garrard - Younger, has shown some ability and more upside.

Young - Huge upside and the next time Chad rallies a team from 21 down in the 4th. Please call us.

I would say it is a toss-up with some of the remaining QBs (Plummer, Frye, Cutler and Huard). Crap even Joey Harrington is looking like he has more upside then Chad these days.

Chad is what he is. A Volvo. I am pretty sure if you asked the other three AFC East coaches if they wanted Chad to stay QB for four more years, the answer would be an emphatic Yes.

SoFla

I know. It was a reply to MM because apparently Brees did nothing before this year. I hope it is warm there because it is butt cold in TN.

I don't understand. Even though I root for the Jets with Chad in there, I'm a hater because I have the audacity to believe we can use with a major upgrade at the position?

If I think Derrick Blaylock or Kevan Barlow were mediocre or bad RB's for us (even in games we won) am I also a hater?

If I think McCariens was a below-average WR even though we surrendered a high 2nd-round pick & gave him a $30M+ contract, am I also a hater?

When I thought Jolley was absolute trash for the Jets was I a hater?

If I think Askew is a lousy FB am I a hater?

Compared to the other playoff teams (except possibly Chicago), we have a distinct disadvantage at the QB position. I say this b/c I am a Jets fan instead of being a Chad fan. No matter how well anyone is playing (Rhodes, Thomas, Houston, etc) I will always be a Jets fan first and a fan of the individual player second.

Picking on Green Bay with ease, like everyone else does (and throwing two picks, not counting the two that GB dropped), doesn't change the fact that he is not a top QB and we are paying him like an elite QB - money that was not and is not getting spent on other positions like CB, RG, RT, etc.

If not for our supremely cushy schedule IMO he'd already be on the bench. Every season he gets my hopes up that he can be in that top tier of QB's that could take us to the next level, and every year we're a contender he lets me down, when we lost playoff games in which a better QB (or a healthy/less fragile QB) would've been the difference between advancing & going home.

Every team that goes to (or wins) the superbowl is not necessarily the best team. To set all these prerequisites for Chad's success does not do him credit. ANY quarterback would be better with a Chad Johnson or a Roy Williams or an immovable OL or a star RB and/or an elite TE. To say that Chad needs these things to display his passing prowess shows his flaws, not his ability.

Look, I hope we run the tables. I hope we get in the playoffs and win all those games and get into the superbowl. And then I hope we win that. And since he's our QB this year, I hope it's with Chad. I simply don't believe it will happen as long as he's in there.

your right and i think alot of people would agree with i on the other hand dont but chad healthy gives us the best chance.i think personally if he was healthy throught out a whole year like this one we got a great chance with him behind center...he got hurt so many times during the season and i think he came back to quick and wasnt at 100%..now if it was a injury other than his throwing shoulder i think we would have been alright those years we got knocked out the playoffs but it was his shoulder so nobody knows what could have been...

It is. Scott is there any player, outside of opposing DBs, that Chad raises their game? No. He makes no one better. Is there a Reche Caldwell-like player on the Jets that was nothing somewhere else and is looking like an NFL comptent player? Coles and Cotchery are good. How good could they be if they had a better QB? Alot.

Goes without saying:

Brady, Manning, Palmer, Brees, Rivers, Bulger, Delhomme, Hasselback, McNabb, Big Ben

Losman - A little less talent and seems to be turning the corner. Plus, he is 25.

Young - Huge upside and the next time Chad rallies a team from 21 down in the 4th. Please call us.

I would say it is a toss-up with some of the remaining QBs (Plummer, Frye, Cutler and Huard). Crap even Joey Harrington is looking like he has more upside then Chad these days.

Chad is what he is. A Volvo. I am pretty sure if you asked the other three AFC East coaches if they wanted Chad to stay QB for four more years, the answer would be an emphatic Yes.

SoFla

I know. It was a reply to MM because apparently Brees did nothing before this year. I hope it is warm there because it is butt cold in TN.

he doesnt raise anyones game if you listen to the players the last few years you would be swallowing your words...they are very confident they can win any game when chads in there so what are you talking about...

I am not a fan of Chad. He played a fine game today, and against 2 weak teams he played well enough to win these past few weeks. When Chad wins or plays very well against strong teams on a consistent basis I will get off his back, but until he proves it on the field he deserves the criticism he gets. Right now what I see is a very weak armed quarterback who seems to come up very small in big situations. His weak arm limits our offense and his decision making ability this year has been very questionable at times.

He doesn't have any big team competition left this year unless we make the playoffs. If we make the playoffs we will see then.

WHAT ABOUT THE NE GAME CHAD DID ALRIGHT BY ANYONES STANDARDS:confused:

Goes without saying:

SoFla

LOL @ some of the garbage you rank over chad this just makes it all the more clear how much of a troll you are and the length you'll go to bash anything involved with the jets...

come on tx your like the nat that flies around and you gotta wack him to wake him up to reality..can you give praise where its due cause im sure you where with all those dumb writers and people who thought we would be getting the first pick in next years draft...

The Jets have exceeded anyone's expectations so far this year.

And I agree, what Mangini has done is phenominal.

But some of these threads (PennyBoy is better than Brees and Delhome and Baker is better than Shockey) are just absolutely ridiculous.

Archived