If Chad takes us into...

ECURB

The Jets have exceeded anyone's expectations so far this year.

And I agree, what Mangini has done is phenominal.

But some of these threads (PennyBoy is better than Brees and Delhome and Baker is better than Shockey) are just absolutely ridiculous.

Pennington IS better then those 3 QB's and not by a small margin. And Baker is a much better ALL AROUND TE then Shockey. Shockey doesn't even try to block.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "haters" do not think Chad Pennington can lead us to a championship. Period. None of us wish for Chad Pennington to fail. None of us root for him to tear up his shoulder. We just do not believe that Chad can win a Super Bowl, or even lead the Jets deep into the playoffs, because of his obvious physical limitations. He limits what we can do as an offense and makes us easier to defend.

The non-"haters", or "homers" as I call them, are too stupid to grasp this concept.

The "haters" do not think Chad Pennington can lead us to a championship. Period. None of us wish for Chad Pennington to fail. None of us root for him to tear up his shoulder. We just do not believe that Chad can win a Super Bowl, or even lead the Jets deep into the playoffs, because of his obvious physical limitations. He limits what we can do as an offense and makes us easier to defend.

The non-"haters", or "homers" as I call them, are too stupid to grasp this concept.

B-I-N-G-O

If Chad takes us into the Playoffs and wins at least one game in them this year... will the haters finally back off??? Or will the haters still jump on him for every mistake?

Something tells me even if he won a SB for us that some idiots would still hate him for no reason....

Yeah OK, and what if I fly to the moon or what if I find Osama Bin Laden, or blah blah blah.

None of what you hope for will ever happen because Chad Peenington Noodle Arm is a below average QB. In other words, he sucks! Gee, maybe he'll actually complete a full season. WOW!

Pennington IS better then those 3 QB's and not by a small margin. And Baker is a much better ALL AROUND TE then Shockey. Shockey doesn't even try to block.

Pennington is better than Drew ****ing Brees?

HOW? EXPLAIN THAT TO ME. HOW THE **** IS CHAD PENNINGTON BETTER THAN DREW BREES?

I have never seen a bigger homer in my life than you. You make me embarassed to root for the same team as you.

Qb's with "limits" win the super bowl ALL THE TIME. The fact is that chad is the best option for the jets right now and blowing up 2 drafts and setting the team back 2 more years for a question mark makes NO SENSE AT ALL. Therefore, Chad will be the QB. If you don't like it go root for the giants and their "franchise" QB.

But some of these threads (PennyBoy is better than Brees and Delhome and Baker is better than Shockey) are just absolutely ridiculous.

So don't read em......They're just Jets fans on a Jets board happy about their team, season and players.

You need to get past this obsession where you think it's your job in life to

sit here and challenge every post. Grow the f up.

Pennington is better than Drew ****ing Brees?

HOW? EXPLAIN THAT TO ME. HOW THE **** IS CHAD PENNINGTON BETTER THAN DREW BREES?

I have never seen a bigger homer in my life than you. You make me embarassed to root for the same team as you.

You think Chad has a weak arm? Brees' makes Chad look like Jay Cutler. He's never won a big game in his life. (Chad BADLY outplayed him in the playoffs.) and he's played with players MUCH better then Chad has who have made him look good. When Chad plays with the best player in the world or 2 backs like Duece and Reggie come back to me. I've been saying Drew Brees is crap for years and years. BREES HASN'T BEAT A GOOD TEAM ALL YEAR.

Pennington IS better then those 3 QB's and not by a small margin.

:jawdrop:

Please explain.

Seriously, give me an explanation that would explain how Chad is alot better then these three?

You are a Rutgers and Jets fan. My guess you have not seen a good QB in your team's colors since the 70s.

y what has brees done and i know delhome went to the superbowl and did a great job against your trolls but lost but look at him this year with steve smith all that talent and they suck...

:jawdrop:

Please explain.

Seriously, give me an explanation that would explain how Chad is alot better then these three?

You are a Rutgers and Jets fan. My guess you have not seen a good QB in your team's colors since the 70s.

Brees is overrated crap, Bulger is a product of 2 hall of fame WR's and a dome and Delhomme is a product of Steve Smith and the panthers still underachieve.

Brees is overrated crap, Bulger is a product of 2 hall of fame WR's and a dome and Delhomme is a product of Steve Smith and the panthers still underachieve.

And Penny is the product of short passes, good receivers, and until last year, a great o-line. Not to mention a hall of fame RB.

See? I can play that game too.

Fair point Troll......problem is the complainers don't have a sure bet solution to take Chad's place. In one breath they swear by Mangini but also complain that he is missing the BIG picture by not sitting Chad for Clemens a guy who was lost in pre-season.

They also act like the NFL is full of SB capable QB's right now for us to put in Chad's place which simply is not true.

Everything I have seen out of Mangini says he will make the correct QB decision at the appropriate time. Now is not that time.

Essentially you are saying because, "you said so" right?

Sound judgement. :rolleyes:

Ok, then what is Chad's excuse for not even putting up remotely close numbers to these three? He played behind a real good OL for a majority of his career. He handed off to a RB that is the most durable RB in NFL history. Plus, he had a fairly good to very good set of wideouts to throw to. Maybe he has not had a stretch the field guy, but who are we kdding. It isnot like he can take advantage of one.

You're making my point for me. There are so few "elite" QB's and they are so hard to get that there is no guarantee that you're going to get one even if you trade your whole draft for one.

Absolutely, There aren't alot of 10's in the dating pool, but why settle for a 4 when there are 8s to be had?

And Penny is the product of short passes, good receivers, and until last year, a great o-line. Not to mention a hall of fame RB.

See? I can play that game too.

What good? WR's? Coles? He's NOWHERE NEAR as good as the rams WR's or Steve Smith, He had a great o line ONE YEAR and Curtis is nowhere to be seen. HE dosn't have near the talent around him on offense that brees has had or that bulger does. I love how now the jet O is so great because it supports your jet bashing argument LOL.

Hey, madmike and jetsdanbkny, you ask what Brees has done...

What has Chad Pennington done?

BTW, Brees has a better arm than Chad Pennington. He can make every NFL throw. Have you seen any Saints games this year? Hell, have you even seen the highlights? Did you notice how Drew Brees has turned a rookie 7th round pick out of Hofstra and turned him into a superstar? Or, how he has continued to light it up even with key injuries to his receivers?

Then again, you have Chad Pennington. He has the same amount of TDs as INTs, but damn it, he wears a green and white uniform, so he must be better.

Essentially you are saying because, "you said so" right?

Sound judgement. :rolleyes:

Ok, then what is Chad's excuse for not even putting up remotely close numbers to these three? He played behind a real good OL for a majority of his career. He handed off to a RB that is the most durable RB in NFL history. Plus, he had a fairly good to very good set of wideouts to throw to. Maybe he has not had a stretch the field guy, but who are we kdding. It isnot like he can take advantage of one.

Only an idiot like you thinks that Yardage numbers are a way to judge QB's. Brees is putting up numbers against CRAP week after week he hasn't beaten a good team all year. And neither has Bulger.

Hey, madmike and jetsdanbkny, you ask what Brees has done...

What has Chad Pennington done?

BTW, Brees has a better arm than Chad Pennington. He can make every NFL throw. Have you seen any Saints games this year? Hell, have you even seen the highlights? Did you notice how Drew Brees has turned a rookie 7th round pick out of Hofstra and turned him into a superstar? Or, how he has continued to light it up even with key injuries to his receivers?

Then again, you have Chad Pennington. He has the same amount of TDs as INTs, but damn it, he wears a green and white uniform, so he must be better.

LOL good job judging QB's on highlights. thats the stupidest statement ever. Brees NEVER beats any decent d's. EVER. The jets have exposed him EVERY TIME WE'VE FACED HIM. Chad beat him head to head in the playoffs and he had the best player in the world on his team LOL. Brees is COMPLETE CRAP.

Only an idiot like you thinks that Yardage numbers are a way to judge QB's. Brees is putting up numbers against CRAP week after week he hasn't beaten a good team all year. And neither has Bulger.

You talk as if Chad has beaten every good team in the league. He hasn't. He beat New England, and according to you, New England sucks anyway. He completely **** the bed against Chicago. He even **** the bed against Cleveland and Jacksonville. Care to look up how Drew Brees performed against Cleveland?

I love how now the jet O is so great because it supports your jet bashing argument LOL.

I'm not bashing the Jets, genius. I would like to see how good this team can be with a better QB. Pennington is in the bottom 3rd of the NFL, and we are in the playoff chase despite him.

LOL good job judging QB's on highlights. thats the stupidest statement ever. Brees NEVER beats any decent d's. EVER. The jets have exposed him EVERY TIME WE'VE FACED HIM. Chad beat him head to head in the playoffs and he had the best player in the world on his team LOL. Brees is COMPLETE CRAP.

What is Chad's record against good defenses?

Paging Dr. TX, paging Dr. TX...

You talk as if Chad has beaten every good team in the league. He hasn't. He beat New England, and according to you, New England sucks anyway. He completely **** the bed against Chicago. He even **** the bed against Cleveland and Jacksonville. Care to look up how Drew Brees performed against Cleveland?
170 YD 1TD 1INT 67 QB rating. Put him in the hall of fame. And Brees wasn't completely robbed of a game tying TD pass on 4th down like chad was.

Archived