Butch Davis can recruit!

JetCane

I'm watching Miami-ucla 1998 on classic. They are one year removed from probation and ucla is playing for an undefeated season and a berth in the NC game

Some of the Canes on that depleted team:

Dan Morgan

Santana Moss

Edge James

Al Blades

Ed Reed

Reggie Wayne

Plus, unlike NFL Teams, they don't play within the confines of the salary cap.

Well, there are limits on how many schollys open up each year, depending on who graduates. Plus, the Butch Davis teams were handicapped by a loss of available schollies due to probation and penalties, so his recruiting prowess is that much more impressive.

Well, there are limits on how many schollys open up each year, depending on who graduates. Plus, the Butch Davis teams were handicapped by a loss of available schollies due to probation and penalties, so his recruiting prowess is that much more impressive.

I hope he can duplicate that effort here at UNC! My goodness!

No limits on the amount of under the table $ they can give to players though, which is what I think Max meant...

Just like in Basketball when it was rumored/joked/whatever that Larry Johnson took a paycut to leave UNLV for the NBA.

Archived