Shower Rankings - Week 14

onemanswarm

Every Tuesday morning, I wake up an hour early so that I can sit on the floor of my shower and meditate on the current state of the NFL until the water runs cold. This morning, through the power of prayer, the following rankings were revealed to me:

1. San Diego Chargers (11-2): LaDanian Tomlinson consistently exhibits a degree of badassedness rarely witnessed by mankind. He

Every Tuesday morning, I wake up an hour early so that I can sit on the floor of my shower and meditate on the current state of the NFL until the water runs cold. This morning, through the power of prayer, the following rankings were revealed to me:

1. San Diego Chargers (11-2): LaDanian Tomlinson consistently exhibits a degree of badassedness rarely witnessed by mankind. He

harsh on jets fans

Sh*t, after I re-read that Jets entry, I can see how it might come off like I want Jet fans to kill themselves. I meant it more like I should stop because any further reminders are likely to exacerbate the widespread depression that follows a crazy bad loss, a pain I know all too well. I would never slam Jet fans in such an uninspired way, and apologize for getting a little sloppy with that one.

Harsh on the Jets because that was a killer loss. Love Jets fans. Especially those who keep Liquid Swords on heavy rotation. I breaks it down to the bone gristle...

ill speakin skud missle heat seeking

ive been listening to the gza on a daily basis lately, as well as the rest of the wu family

hey thread starter-

How can Brees win the Comeback Player of the Year award? Are you aware of what he did last year?

Played great until John Lynch and Gerard Warren dislocated his shoulder in Week 17, then underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum and partially torn rotator cuff in his throwing arm. Now he's in the picture for league MVP. Sounds like a pretty damn good comeback to me. Not that my vote counts for anything.

Played great until John Lynch and Gerard Warren dislocated his shoulder in Week 17, then underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum and partially torn rotator cuff in his throwing arm. Now he's in the picture for league MVP. Sounds like a pretty damn good comeback to me. Not that my vote counts for anything.

Guys who win the award are guys who missed significant time the prior season or guys who had awful seasons the prior year. Neither applies to Brees or Carson Palmer, for that matter.

Chad Pennington, Javon Walker, and Alex Smith (the 49ers one- not the Buccaneers one) seem to be the prime candidates.

Guys who win the award are guys who missed significant time the prior season or guys who had awful seasons the prior year. Neither applies to Brees or Carson Palmer, for that matter.

Chad Pennington, Javon Walker, and Alex Smith (the 49ers one- not the Buccaneers one) seem to be the prime candidates.

What's the matter with you? The guy comes here to share some of the funniest stuff on the board and you want take him to task because of a technicality. I guess you think Chad should be receiving the award and just want to make sure he gets his due. I could give a sh!t if he gets it - we're not going anywhere different because of it.

What's the matter with you? The guy comes here to share some of the funniest stuff on the board and you want take him to task because of a technicality. I guess you think Chad should be receiving the award and just want to make sure he gets his due. I could give a sh!t if he gets it - we're not going anywhere different because of it.

Chad deserves it... NOBODY thought he would come back even to the capacity he has... I think that if you give him time in this new system he can be better than he was in 02' the reason why he has thrown more picks and whatn ot is becuase of a more agrresive offense.... if he gets use to it he should do better...

Javon Walker has a strong case as well...

Chad deserves it... NOBODY thought he would come back even to the capacity he has... I think that if you give him time in this new system he can be better than he was in 02' the reason why he has thrown more picks and whatn ot is becuase of a more agrresive offense.... if he gets use to it he should do better...

Javon Walker has a strong case as well...

You must be kidding mate. Chad for comeback player of the year? Wow.

Yeah, I did it. I read up till the Saints thing, saw something I had a minor issue with and questioned it.

I never said whether or not I thought Pennington should win the award. I only said he's a candidate for it.

You must be kidding mate. Chad for comeback player of the year? Wow.

ehhh

If you go by certain standards...

Who didnt play much / had a terrible year last year

Then came back with 2 back to back 300 yard games for the first time in their career... and the 1st half in greenbay... also he beat the PATS and almost had a win against the Colts...

Sure he did terrible sometimes this year but all things considered I think he went never being able to play, to being a halfway decent starting NFL QB... thats pretty damn good...

I dont study the whole NFL though so there may be someone who deserves it more, Brees hasnt come back though, he had a good year last year...

ehhh

If you go by certain standards...

Who didnt play much / had a terrible year last year

Then came back with 2 back to back 300 yard games for the first time in their career... and the 1st half in greenbay... also he beat the PATS and almost had a win against the Colts...

Sure he did terrible sometimes this year but all things considered I think he went never being able to play, to being a halfway decent starting NFL QB... thats pretty damn good...

I dont study the whole NFL though so there may be someone who deserves it more, Brees hasnt come back though, he had a good year last year...

You know I like you mate but that is nuts. Chad has more INT's than TD's.

Dumbo (my name for Chad) has proved nothing.

You know I like you mate but that is nuts. Chad has more INT's than TD's.

Dumbo (my name for Chad) has proved nothing.

Lets see if he makes the Playoffs, then he deserves it regardless of the stats... if they miss the playoffs and he doesnt throw 7TD's 0INTS in the next 3 weeks... your right

We need a sarcasm smilie

If Chad makes the playoffs you know he is a very serious canidate...

Going from an injured season on a 4-12 team

to a

Playoff team

With what will most likely be his 1st 3000 yard seaosn since the 2002 miracle year...

I know you give negative point instantly when you hear Chads name... but if Brady broke his shoulder last year and didnt play, the pats went 4-12... then this year he came back to the playoffs and threw for 3000 yards... wouldnt you say that is a hell of a comeback?

If Chad makes the playoffs you know he is a very serious canidate...

Going from an injured season on a 4-12 team

to a

Playoff team

With what will most likely be his 1st 3000 yard seaosn since the 2002 miracle year...

I know you give negative point instantly when you hear Chads name... but if Brady broke his shoulder last year and didnt play, the pats went 4-12... then this year he came back to the playoffs and threw for 3000 yards... wouldnt you say that is a hell of a comeback?

But this is Penny's 3rd season coming back from injury.

Brady F'd Up his elbow a few years ago and had a sports hernia last year.

He never missed a start.

But this is Penny's 3rd season coming back from injury.

Brady F'd Up his elbow a few years ago and had a sports hernia last year.

He never missed a start.

you cant even humor me... \:D/

OK if not comeback player of the year, can you admit Chad although not proving to be GREAT proved a lot of people wrong this year and has been beter than most thought he could be? (most though he couldnt even play...)

you cant even humor me... \:D/

OK if not comeback player of the year, can you admit Chad although not proving to be GREAT proved a lot of people wrong this year and has been beter than most thought he could be? (most though he couldnt even play...)

I would like to homour you but I can't. Chad is not the man to lead the Jets anywhere. Let alone the playoffs.

I would like to homour you but I can't. Chad is not the man to lead the Jets anywhere. Let alone the playoffs.

All I can do is hope to prove you wrong... I really like Chad... that said, I wouldnt mind seeing Clemens anytime soon...

You're absolutely right. The award is typically given to a player who missed significant playing time or performed at a p*ss poor level the previous season. However, the shoulder injury sustained in the final week of the season would technically qualify Brees for consideration. I suppose the idea I was getting at is that he might be given special treatment as a result of losing the MVP to LaDomlinson. Kind of like a filmmaker getting passed over for Best Picture, then receiving Best Director as somewhat of a consolation.

I certainly believe that Chennington is among the front-runners along with Walker and dark horse candidate Kellen Winslow. Just my opinion.

You're absolutely right. The award is typically given to a player who missed significant playing time or performed at a p*ss poor level the previous season. However, the shoulder injury sustained in the final week of the season would technically qualify Brees for consideration. I suppose the idea I was getting at is that he might be given special treatment as a result of losing the MVP to LaDomlinson. Kind of like a filmmaker getting passed over for Best Picture, then receiving Best Director as somewhat of a consolation.

I certainly believe that Chennington is among the front-runners along with Walker and dark horse candidate Kellen Winslow. Just my opinion.

what the hell is Kellen Winslow coming back from? his senior year of college?

Archived