Blake to UNC?

JetCane

Has Butch stolen him away from NU? Maybe to be his DC? If so, it's a great get.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?Coach=2

Blake will be the Def Line coach, Recruiting coordinator and assistant HC..

Chuck Pagano, DB coach from the Raiders will be the DC and Rob Chudzinski, TE coach from the Chargers will be the OC.

Blake will be the Def Line coach, Recruiting coordinator and assistant HC..

Chuck Pagano, DB coach from the Raiders will be the DC and Rob Chudzinski, TE coach from the Chargers will be the OC.

Blake is definitely a major get.

Chud had very mixed reviews as the oc in miami

Blake is definitely a major get.

Chud had very mixed reviews as the oc in miami

well it looks like its Chuds (Chud was OC at UM under former OC Coker, not Butch. He was Butch's TE coach at UM and at Browns). I assume Butch thinks Chud will do better under him. If Chud doesnt come, then it will be Coker or Steve Logan as OC.

Chud was OC at UM under former OC Coker, not Butch. He was Butch's TE coach at UM and at Browns

Good point, SJ. None of the OCs under coker had great success.

Chud is definitely Butch's guy- he followed him to Cleveland, and maybe back to NC now. Coker was a better OC than he was a HC, and showed a little more of being a gambler before he was given the reins to the team. Chud was a better TE coach than he was at OC, but I subscribe to the theory that coaches can get better with experience (except Herm).

Logan would be an interesting choice, too.

Good point, SJ. None of the OCs under coker had great success.

Chud is definitely Butch's guy- he followed him to Cleveland, and maybe back to NC now. Coker was a better OC than he was a HC, and showed a little more of being a gambler before he was given the reins to the team. Chud was a better TE coach than he was at OC, but I subscribe to the theory that coaches can get better with experience (except Herm).

Logan would be an interesting choice, too.

agree,, it seems already with Blake and Butch the recruiting is insane.

5 stars are inundating Chapel Hills campus.

Was a Butch a great recruiter at UM,, cause it seems like we have kicked it up a MAJOR notch.

agree,, it seems already with Blake and Butch the recruiting is insane.

5 stars are inundating Chapel Hills campus.

Was a Butch a great recruiter at UM,, cause it seems like we have kicked it up a MAJOR notch.

Recruiting is Butch's feather in his cap. It is the best part of his game. I posted a list a week or two ago of some of the great players he signed while he was at UM. the one position he is weakest at recruiting is qb, but I understand Bunting already has a good one locked up, so that should work out really well for you.

The one part of his game that you need to expect is that the gameday coaching can be...ummm...hectic, LOL, and sometimes the sidelines might look a little like a chinese fire drill. He has been known to call timeouts after TV timeouts...but as i said before, some coaches improve with experience and learn from their mistakes.

Overall, you should be very pleased with the direction of the program, and 7-4 or 8-3 next season would not surprise me.

Recruiting is Butch's feather in his cap. It is the best part of his game. I posted a list a week or two ago of some of the great players he signed while he was at UM. the one position he is weakest at recruiting is qb, but I understand Bunting already has a good one locked up, so that should work out really well for you.

The one part of his game that you need to expect is that the gameday coaching can be...ummm...hectic, LOL, and sometimes the sidelines might look a little like a chinese fire drill. He has been known to call timeouts after TV timeouts...but as i said before, some coaches improve with experience and learn from their mistakes.

Overall, you should be very pleased with the direction of the program, and 7-4 or 8-3 next season would not surprise me.

found this on Chud at UM as OC:

"The Hurricanes averaged 36.8 points per game from 2001-03 with Rob Chudzinski as their offensive coordinator, then fell off dramatically under Dan Werner (2004-05) and Rich Olson (2006). "

Those stats are somewhat dishonestly skewed but thats not your fault.

The major dropoff came IN 2003 after dorsey,andre johnson and McGahee, et al. all graduated.

From 2000-2002 they scored over 500 pts each season. Before Willis and andre they had Portis and Moss.

in 2003 with berlin as qb and no willis or dorsey (who checked off most plays at the LOS, which is what made him such a great college qb), they scored 360 and chud was shown the door, so he exited to the browns.

there was a dropoff in the talent that set in after coker took over from butch and Dorsey left. But to be fair, they did have Gore, but he had two knee operations and missed a lot of time.

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Miami(Florida).htm

Archived