Jets will be in "hot pursuit" of Michael Turner during the offseason.

GREENSMACKS

Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports the Jets will be in "hot pursuit" of Michael Turner during the offseason.

Kevan Barlow is not expected to be back and Derrick Blaylock seems likely to be cut because of a $1.8 million base salary. Cimini says the Chargers will put the first-round tender on Turner but won't be able to pay both him and LT2. That doesn't really make sense unless the Jets are willing to give up two first-day picks for Turner, which seems unlikely.

Source: New York Daily News

idk if i want to give up a first rounder for him let alone a first and third

Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News reports the Jets will be in "hot pursuit" of Michael Turner during the offseason.

Kevan Barlow is not expected to be back and Derrick Blaylock seems likely to be cut because of a $1.8 million base salary. Cimini says the Chargers will put the first-round tender on Turner but won't be able to pay both him and LT2. That doesn't really make sense unless the Jets are willing to give up two first-day picks for Turner, which seems unlikely.

I am against this but since first round talented class is ratherly weak and Jets end up at 20 somewhere in the draft order I can give it a hard consideration. However, 2 first day picks for just Turner is out of question.

Jets need all 4 first day picks to cover all weak positions.

I am against this but since first round talented class is ratherly weak and Jets end up at 20 somewhere in the draft order I can give it a hard consideration. However, 2 first day picks for just Turner is out of question.

Jets need all 4 first day picks to cover all weak positions.

I somewhat feel the same way. I really don't think he's worth a 1st rounder though. If we did it I and our pick ended up being late 1st I could live with it, but we better not give up 2 first day picks that makes absolutely no sense.

No one ever pays the two first round pick compensation, the tender provides leverage for the team to work out an equitable deal with an interested party. I would imagine they will look for a late first rounder or a 2nd and a 4th.

Two first round picks is for a franchise tag. I believe the highest tender for a RFA is a 1st and a 3rd.

I don't think the Chargers really wanna let him go, and won't budge from their original tender, so I think he'll end up costing to much.

I'd be more inclined to try and make a trade and maybe use a FUTURE pick that we will not be hurt so much by losing-who knows maybe use the Washington 2nd round pick-which wouldn't be so painful to lose-it will have some nice worth too, since it'll still be in the mid to late 30's-almost like a late 1st rounder...

The Chargers are pretty far under the cap, they can afford Turner if he takes a reasonable salary. It's in their best interest to have a back like Turner around, helps keep LT fresh...and when you keep LT fresh, he does things like he's been doing the past few weeks. Marty and the Chargers know this, and I think they will try to come to terms with him.

I like Turner but they might as well just take a RB in the draft. Peterson and Lynch will probably both be gone once the Jets pick between 15-20 but Michael Bush and Kenny Irons will still be on the board. Bush might even fall to us in the second round.

Glad to see Barlow and Blaylock both on their way out.

The Chargers are pretty far under the cap, they can afford Turner if he takes a reasonable salary. It's in their best interest to have a back like Turner around, helps keep LT fresh...and when you keep LT fresh, he does things like he's been doing the past few weeks. Marty and the Chargers know this, and I think they will try to come to terms with him.

Ahhh, but word on the street is Turner may be inclined to believe that pastures elsewhere are a darker shade of green....

I think Turner is better than any back in the draft that isn't named Adrian Peterson.

I'd prefer to keep our 1st rounder, but I wouldn't completely be opposed to this.

Agree 110% with Troll on this one. I was thinking the same exact thing last night. I'm not sold on Marshawn Lynch and I'm not sold on any other back in this draft except for APete. Garrett Wolfe, we'll see if he can pull a Jones-Drew and become successful in the NFL, but even Jones-Drew hasn't proven anything yet really. Anyways, he'd be a Round 2-4 pick, not a 1st rounder.

Agree 110% with Troll on this one. I was thinking the same exact thing last night. I'm not sold on Marshawn Lynch and I'm not sold on any other back in this draft except for APete. Garrett Wolfe, we'll see if he can pull a Jones-Drew and become successful in the NFL, but even Jones-Drew hasn't proven anything yet really. Anyways, he'd be a Round 2-4 pick, not a 1st rounder.

Is Turner really that good? He has been used sparingly (135 carries in 3 seasons) and has the added bonus of backing up the best RB in the NFL.

Can he be the featured back? I'm not so sure.

Is Turner really that good? He has been used sparingly (135 carries in 3 seasons) and has the added bonus of backing up the best RB in the NFL.

Can he be the featured back? I'm not so sure.

I know one thing for sure:

He'll be more successful then LaMont Jordan.:)

I know one thing for sure:

He'll be more successful then LaMont Jordan.:)

Funny you mention LaMont. Is was going to mention him in my original post.

How many fans last year thought that LaMont should be the #1 back for the Jets? Plenty.

LaMont goes to another team, becomes their #1 back, and proceeds to suck.

Be careful what you wish for Michael Turner lovers.

How many fans last year thought that LaMont should be the #1 back for the Jets? Plenty.

Minus the artist formerly known as JetsFanInSec124\\:D/

LaMont Jordan = ALWAYS has been Over-Rated by most Jets fans.

yea and look at what happened with Blaylock, who, when he came here was expected to be not much of a drop off as a back-up since he filled in so admirably for Holmes in KC-he was a BIG drop off-buyer beware

yea and look at what happened with Blaylock, who, when he came here was expected to be not much of a drop off as a back-up since he filled in so admirably for Holmes in KC-he was a BIG drop off-buyer beware

Yeah Blaylock has sucked the big one since he got here. Lamont played pretty well for the Raiders last year and they have no offensive line in front of him. I wouldn't use Jordan as the example for buyer beware on free agent backs.

Would i like turner on the jets? yes. Do i want to give up picks for him? no

you wouldn't give up any picks for him? not even a 2nd day pick?

i dunno, i don't want to give up a first rounder for him by any means, but i would definitely think about a deal sending a pick other than a first for him.

Everyone against Mike "the burner" Turner is ignoring the 'S' factor, as in Schottenheimer. The person that most likely knows if he is worth it is on our team so I feel comfortable with whatever the CS decides to do.

Indeed.

Give the ball to 33.

1135028359.jpg

3663_w480h.jpg

Archived