Andrew Gross Chat Transcript

Maxman

Not your fault Max, burt that was a tough read. People need to show a little manners and wait their turn to ask questions.

Well there will be a little tighter security and a few less invited guests next time. 128 is not being banned from the board but he will not have access to the next chat. I have asked him to obey a few simple rules several times now and he is having a hard time following along.

Sperm did a great job though. We left him hanging all by himself. It is a lot of work and he did a good job.

that was a great chat what a good guy for doing it for us here too-I'll not miss the next one

I was doing spybot and crap cleaner and MacAfee stuff and missed it

Andrew is actually pretty amazing. Whatever question you throw at him he answers. If he doesn't know, he doesn't B.S. you. I would imagine these chats are not really easy to do from their perspective. And the guys we have had in here have really done well at it (Cimini, Gross, Lange).

Well there will be a little tighter security and a few less invited guests next time. 128 is not being banned from the board but he will not have access to the next chat. I have asked him to obey a few simple rules several times now and he is having a hard time following along.

Sperm did a great job though. We left him hanging all by himself. It is a lot of work and he did a good job.

I don't agree with this decision

but since you are such a nice guy max i respect it

PM's are supposed to come in. But I learned real fast why Max would answer me like 4 minutes later during a chat.

LOL. Everyone wants to comment on everything said in the chat room. You end up getting hundreds of PMs. Running those chats is actually stressful.

Not your fault Max, burt that was a tough read. People need to show a little manners and wait their turn to ask questions.

That is my fault. I feel asleep right before it was suppose to start and missed it. it is my job to police the chat and make sure people stay in line.

You can all blame me.

That is my fault. I feel asleep right before it was suppose to start and missed it. it is my job to police the chat and make sure people stay in line.

You can all blame me.

Fell asleep? Should we start the chats at 6pm instead of 8pm to better match your new bed time? :P

What I got out of it from next year point of view is that in his opinion the Jets will Draft BPA as they should and spend money to replace the weak positions.

thru Draft BPA and FA we should get

OT - FA and Draft

Guard - FA and Draft

RB - Draft

DB - FA and Draft

DT/DE - Draft and keep Komo 1 more year

(PK) - FA

I thought the PK comment he made was interesting. He wanted to have competition but couldn't because of money? WOW. Sad state of affairs they inherited cap wise. I guess there were so many other positions to sort out.

Having a kicker in camp to compete with the starter is a good thing.

Also thought the Hobson to the inside comments were interesting.

I thought the PK comment he made was interesting. He wanted to have competition but couldn't because of money? WOW. Sad state of affairs they inherited cap wise. I guess there were so many other positions to sort out.

AG is really great and I appreciate these chats you guys set up.

I didnt read thru the transcript since I was there, but he always has some interesting things to say. The part about Sutton being a company guy who would prolly agree to go back to LB coach if they brought in Crennel or someone...very insightful...and the part about Vilma having a N-S assignment but wanting to instinctively go E-W around the guards was a great observation.

But IIRC he also believes that CP will emerge as #1 again next summer and that was a little disconcerting. I hope that Clemens is good enough to step up and make the CS want to play him.

It's too bad AG doesnt get to see practice, as I'd be curious to know how KC was doing during the week.

Cane --

I think we are on the same page. I like Chad. I really do. I just hope to like Clemens even more. I hope that process begins in 2007, not 2008.

And his comments about practice were pretty funny -- we watch stretching and punting drills in the first half hour. LOL, Mangini is too much. Gotta love it though.

It is IMPOSSIBLE that the reson for not having a kicker in was because of the cap.

What counts against your cap is only the 51 HIGHEST cap numbers at any one time (I think I am correct there), and a FA kicker to compete would not be one of those numbers.

That wpuld not be the reason

Yep, that's what I was getting at when I asked him about his access to the team. I wanted to know if he has caught any KC reps. Stretching and punting, LOL.

Andrew is very open and surprisingly, he doesnt dodge any questions. I wanted to know which players he had a rapport with to try and get some context as to who he feels he can talk to about stuff.

And his analysis of Vilma's conflict between playing instinctively vs sticking to his assignment is the best analysis I've seen all year of why JV isnt being so productive.

It is IMPOSSIBLE that the reson for not having a kicker in was because of the cap.

What counts against your cap is only the 51 HIGHEST cap numbers at any one time (I think I am correct there), and a FA kicker to compete would not be one of those numbers.

That wpuld not be the reason

Not necessarily. As a mid-high 2nd-rounder, Nugent received a little over $1.6M signing bonus just last season. If he was cut, then we'd eat half that this year & half next year. At the time I think we were cutting it pretty thin. Keep in mind we had to allocate $6M extra for Chad as LTBE incentives.

Also I think Mangini would rather grade a kicker in pressure situations more than training camp. So unless Nugent was suddenly the worst kicker he'd ever seen he wouldn't get cut. What would that do to Mangini's "open competition" mantra?

These guys all CAN kick field goals. What needed evaluating was whether they WOULD kick FG's when a pressure situation arose.

Archived