Andrew Gross Chat Transcript

Maxman

Not necessarily. As a mid-high 2nd-rounder, Nugent received a little over $1.6M signing bonus just last season. If he was cut, then we'd eat half that this year & half next year. At the time I think we were cutting it pretty thin. Keep in mind we had to allocate $6M extra for Chad as LTBE incentives.

Also I think Mangini would rather grade a kicker in pressure situations more than training camp. So unless Nugent was suddenly the worst kicker he'd ever seen he wouldn't get cut. What would that do to Mangini's "open competition" mantra?

These guys all CAN kick field goals. What needed evaluating was whether they WOULD kick FG's when a pressure situation arose.

SE-The question was to WHY the Jets did not have another kicker in camp, and I believe that AG said it was because of CAP.

That is if I understand the thread correctly.

My comment was that CAP could not have been the reason, as only the top 51 cotracts count to the cap

SE-The question was to WHY the Jets did not have another kicker in camp, and I believe that AG said it was because of CAP.

My comment was that CAP could not have been the reason, as only the top 51 cotracts count to the cap

SD -- that is exactly what we were talking about.

That is what I'm talking about.

If someone beat out Nugent in camp, his SB would count against the cap (in addition to that of a new kicker). Has nothing to do with two kickers counting against a "temporary" cap during pre-season while a competition is ongoing.

That is what I'm talking about.

If someone beat out Nugent in camp, his SB would count against the cap (in addition to that of a new kicker). Has nothing to do with two kickers counting against a "temporary" cap during pre-season while a competition is ongoing.

But, SE, that does not PRECLUDE the Jets from bringing in a kicker in camp to compete. Correct?

But, SE, that does not PRECLUDE the Jets from bringing in a kicker in camp to compete. Correct?

That's what I was saying. In a way it does. If the competition beats out Nugent, he has to cut Nugent. Then there comes the cap hit. If there's no competition you don't have that cap problem.

Man, you're argumentative. Is this why nobody likes me?

That's what I was saying. In a way it does. If the competition beats out Nugent, he has to cut Nugent. Then there comes the cap hit. If there's no competition you don't have that cap problem.

Ok, my premise was along the line of bringing someone to PUSH Nugent and make him work.

That is one of the reasons. The other is your hatred for Herm. Herm is a proven winner. He is in the middle of turning K.C. around and yet you refuse to change your avatar.

This is supposed to be about Andrew Gross people, Andrew Gross. And his ability to chat. And simultaneously irk Bitonti.

(oh, and Sperm not understanding me)

I did hijack this thread. I just wanted to piss off Spermie a bit. I should have done it in my own thread! :P

I did hijack this thread. I just wanted to piss off Spermie a bit. I should have done it in my own thread! :P

well i found it rather comical lol

But anyways, as for the chat, i agree with greenbeans...very intresting on the romeo crennel thing. I wonder what the odds are of something like that actually happening

Archived