"Better late than never" Edition of Post of the Week - December 14th, 2006

GreenBeans

Welcome to the "Better safe than sorry, better late than never" Edition of Post of the Week - December 14th, 2006. It's been a rough week, so thank you all for not killing me (well, everyone except TX, of course - frigg'n dumbass) for taking an extra day for POTW. There are several outstanding posts this week, so let's get right to the nominations!

This week's nominees were:

-----

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

hermkcconfusedno6.jpg

Would you like Kool-Aid with that? No? OK.

Pull up to the next window please.

(Editor's Note: Number 2, supersize it, with an apple pie, and a large Dr. Pepper please.)

-----

Originally Posted by crashingjet

Acording to the posters here he sucks anyways, so why should it matter. I'll be there cheering on whoever is at tailback. That is what a true fan does.

Originally Posted by Gainzo

Make sure you say hello to the 20,000 Pats fans who will be at the game. You can then do the same thing in a couple of weeks to the Jets fans!

(Editor's Note: Can you say Pwned?)

-----

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

I hate when guys-fans or writers or announcers have an agenda.

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

I hate when posters on a message board have an agenda.

(Editor's Note: It's not the agenda that bothers me, it's the biases. Thank goodness I'm fair and level headed, huh?)

-----

Originally Posted by DW10

You're right. We're the Dolphins from Miami. We EARN our championships, not buy them.

Originally Posted by GreenMachine

I guess that couse of action has payed off in the past 34 years....

(The Nomination: POTW nomination. A Jets fan talking smack about when another team last won the Super Bowl. - PatsFanTX)

(Editor's Note: I'm not sure what is funnier - GM's post or the nomination. Good stuff.)

-----

And you say I am "reaching"?

Originally Posted by Bob

Only when you give your dog a reach-around.

Originally Posted by joewilly

bob, in fairness to tx, I have ignored my dogs for years. I was pretty drunk one night a couple months ago & did a double reacharound with 2 of the dogs. it's pretty relaxing really & a great way to unwind after a stressful day. the downside is that the dogs follow me around way too much now.

(Editor's Note: joewilly earns this week's "EEeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww". Congrats!)

-----

(Topic: Bernie Kosar as new Miami coach?)

Originally Posted by Bill Parcells

Maybe they should consider someone with a law enforcment background as head coach,instead of a football background..things might improve tenfold..

(Editor Note: The U gets a bad rap a lot of the time, but it does seem that a strong-willed, discipline oriented coach would be a good idea.)

-----

Originally Posted by serphnx

It looks like he knows his career is over, and is trying to milk every last cent before he fades into anonymity:

Tom Brady has filed a lawsuit against Yahoo for their use of his image and likeness in fantasy football advertisements both in print and online.

In late summer, Yahoo ran a fantasy football print ad in Sports Illustrated with the images of Randy Moss, LaDainian Tomlinson, Jeremy Shockey, Steve Smith, Larry Johnson and Tom Brady. Since Yahoo has a fantasy football license from the NFLPA and the NFLPA holds licensing rights wherever six or more players are used, we aren't sure how Brady has much of a case.

Source: thesmokinggun.com

Originally Posted by blackout806

if Chad did this TX would be all over him

PennyBoy doesn't need to do that.

He is already getting $64 million for doing nothing.

(Editor's Note: BS - Pennington earned that money from the Herman Edwards years. He deserves the cash after what Herm and Hackett have done to him.)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Note to BP: I still have to make the reputation changes that you suggested.

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

I can see this taking as long as the old POTW business.

Just dig into your pocket and give Greenbeans another nickel, he'll take care of it too.

(Editor's Note: PDM is the MAN! I'm not at all frightened of him if he's giving me props like that!)

-----

Wow..Yahoo pissed off Tom Brady...he has definitely been elevated to god like status in his own mind..LOL

Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan

Yet Jet fans worship a geriatric drunk who won one championship 4 decades ago.....

(Editor's Note: Hey Dean - F-U and I ain't talking Fordham or Furman, either. :))

-----

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

So why are we even splitting hairs over marginal differences in Pennington and Losman's QB stats?

Originally Posted by LIBills

I assumed it was because we're all sitting at work bored out of our minds.

(Editor's Note: Bored at work? You guys hiring?)

-----

Originally Posted by Gainzo

The glory days back when we sucked! Grogan to Morgan.

Originally Posted by Biggs

Yes the Pats sucked for years Gainzo and we Jet fans witnessed it twice a year for all those years before there was something called a Pats fan.

(Editor's Note: Not every Pats fan is a band-wagoner, they just play them on TV.)

-----

(Topic: The 'Whats different now that Eric is here' Thread)

Originally Posted by Stonehands

The team's butcher has an overabundance of pork ribs in inventory.

(Editor's Note: A team butcher? Wow, you don't say - I thought he went to KC with Dick Curl.)

-----

Originally Posted by greengal

hey the good thing is ...most of you are probably not embarrassed to go buy your wifes/gf feminine products at the store...

Originally Posted by AirForceJetFan

You mean like, a muzzle?

(Editor's Note: I'm pretty sure that wasn't what gg was aiming for AFJF, but it's an interesting thought. How's it working out for you?)

-----

Originally Posted by Smizzy

1051832201_m.jpg - deuce.jpg

I knew you looked familiar!

(Editor's Note: Ha - Nice work Smiz! )

-----

bbstableonjr0.jpg

(Editor's Note: The master of the photoshop returns....)

-----

Originally Posted by Garb

Absolutely! Mangini was secretly directing the offense too!

Dan Pees is doing a fine job with the defense as presently constituted. He has midgets at corner and not one healthy starting safety and older LB's. Still, the defense is actually ranked towards the top of the league. Offense, although red zone production is ranked 2nd? - is the issue. Put it this way, the Patriots miss Charlie Weiss more than The Penguin.

(The Nomination: FINALLY a pats* fan admits missing Charlie Weiss...POTW nom. ow wait, Garbs a girl??? never mind)

(Editor's Note: Garb is great - y'all need to lay off her. Let me know if anyone is picking on you G and I'll have Jetheelz take care of them for you. ;))

-----

Originally Posted by crashingjet

Brady... 1 foot out of the closet

Quote of note:

Sounds like the same argument that Herm-lovers used to justify keeping him instead of Mangini.

Who the hell knows what Clemens is capable of? Maybe he'll be 10x worse than Ryan Leaf.

What we do know is that Chad cannot do it. He has MORE than adequate receivers. He doesn't have the greatest running attack on earth (to say the least) but did you watch the game? Once again, teams stacked the run b/c they have no fear of Chad beating them deep. That works fine against Green Bay and Detroit. We will not and would not face such teams in the playoffs. Pennington forces his receivers to get first downs with their feet:

2-11-NYJ25(12:23) C.Pennington pass incomplete deep right to J.Cotchery.

3-11-NYJ25(12:23) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to C.Baker to NYJ 32 for 7 yards (K.Thomas, A.Youboty).

2-4-BUF30(2:19) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Coles pushed ob at BUF 14 for 16 yards (K.Simpson).

2-6-BUF10(1:14) (No Huddle) C.Pennington pass short middle to L.Coles for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Penalty on BUF-K.Simpson, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.

3-11-BUF27(13:34) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to J.Cotchery pushed ob at BUF 12 for 15 yards (K.Simpson).

3-10-BUF12(11:07) C.Pennington pass incomplete short middle to J.Cotchery (L.Fletcher-Baker).

3-3-NYJ27(8:50) (No Huddle) C.Pennington pass short right to L.Coles pushed ob at 50 for 23 yards (K.Simpson).

3-9-BUF49(6:56) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Washington to 50 for -1 yards (A.Schobel, L.Fletcher-Baker).

3-9-NYJ46(2:00) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass intended for J.Cotchery INTERCEPTED by N.Clements at BUF 42. N.Clements for 58 yards, TOUCHDOWN. [well at least he threw it 14 yards in the air. Kudos.]

3-6-NYJ27(1:09) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to J.Cotchery to NYJ 37 for 10 yards (K.Thomas, A.Youboty).

2-10-BUF32(:35) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Washington to BUF 28 for 4 yards (N.Clements).

1-10-NYJ12(5:09) C.Pennington pass short left to B.Smith to NYJ 16 for 4 yards (N.Clements, K.Thomas).

3-15-NYJ35(:45) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to S.Ryan to NYJ 43 for 8 yards (K.Thomas).

2-8-NYJ30(7:32) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Washington to NYJ 34 for 4 yards (K.Ellison).

3-4-NYJ34(7:12) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short right to J.McCareins to NYJ 48 for 14 yards (K.Simpson).

1-10-NYJ48(6:32) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short middle intended for J.McCareins INTERCEPTED by L.Fletcher-Baker at BUF 40. L.Fletcher-Baker to BUF 41 for 1 yard (L.Coles, L.Washington).

1-10-NYJ18(5:01) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Washington to NYJ 27 for 9 yards (A.Hargrove, A.Schobel).

2-1-NYJ27(4:34) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to C.Baker to NYJ 37 for 10 yards (K.Ellison, A.Youboty).

1-10-NYJ37(4:04) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short right to J.Cotchery pushed ob at NYJ 42 for 5 yards (N.Clements).

2-5-NYJ42(3:57) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass incomplete short left to C.Baker.

3-5-NYJ42(3:52) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short middle to L.Washington to NYJ 46 for 4 yards (K.Ellison).

As much as they rip on our players to have fun with it, every Pats fan on earth would drool to have Brady throwing to Coles & Cotchery instead of that ragamuffin bunch of nobodies he throws to.

My personal favorite is when apologists like Can-o-zero suggest the reason for Pennington not putting up league-leading #'s is the lack of a deep threat. Coles is a deep threat. McCariens was a deep threat until Chad was his QB. Moss was a deep threat. He's had more deep threats than most QB's. Look above & actually watch the games & see what use he makes of WR's. He turns them into skinny TE's who then need to break tackles or otherwise run another 5-10 yards to get into the endzone or past the first-down marker.

If you think we will play the 2-10 Packers or Lions every week including the playoffs & superbowl, then Chad's your man. We don't, we haven't, and we wouldn't & won't.

Keep him as a backup next year & then get rid of him. His comeback was admirable, but he will never lead us to a superbowl. There will always be excuses as to why (his apologists never run short of excuses), but in the end we will again be watching someone else's teams in the superbowl as long as we have this guy and his sissy-arm & line calls & check-down's.

(Editor's Note: There goes Spermie using facts again. Forget the facts, just make things up - it works for TX.)

-----

Originally Posted by hoping4ASuperBowl

. We have just as much talent as the Colts or the Chargers.

Originally Posted by Scott Dierking

Wow. i wouldn't go that far.

I also don't think it is teh best physical talent that necessarily wins in this league. It is coordinated talent that fits your scheme with execution.

There is talent involved in that, but not physical talent alone.

Scott, great point & my only problem with your post is that you did not namecall & call a fellow jetfan a loser for having an opinion

(Editor's Note: Ahh, joewilly, neither did you. Pot calling the kettle black perhaps? Freakshow loser. ;))

-----

Originally Posted by bitonti

Kellen Clemens?? we are talking about the guy that slid rather than go out of bounds with 40 seconds left running a 2 minute drill?

Clemens is far worse than Chad, and that's a sad state of affairs, indeed.

Originally Posted by Bugg

You are one of the most knowledge poster here, but you simply don't know that.

Fear of the unknown gets you nowhere. If you're going to do anything in any walk of life you have to take chances and find out. Otherwise, you'd never leave the house. Clemens might fail, but he might succeed. Kurt Warner or Tom Brady ring any bells?

Judging him by yesterday isn't fair. First NFL pass Unitas ever threw was an INT. Didn't mean he sucked or didn't deserve a chance.

Until Clemens gets a shot, you never know. And in 2002 much the same kind of was written about Pennington himself. Heck, the idiot coach was saying it right up until he had no other choice. Pennignton has been a servicabale if limited NFL QB rather than nothing.

(Editor's Note: Bugg us a great poster and this is a great post. Nice!)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Stan,

This is Bill Parcells. You have only been gone 3 weeks but he has taken over the place. I took the liberty of putting him on your ignore list. Actually I did that for everyoen here.

JERK!

I was wondering why nobody replies to my posts..you sneaky:Cuss::Cuss:

LOL

(Editor's Note: I can't see any post here - who and what got nominated?)

-----

Originally Posted by blackout806

who else hates snow?

Originally Posted by Garb

I do, Blackout! I do! I hate it more than brussell spouts! I really hate it. See, we can agree on something!

Want to know what I hate more? Wind Chill. Yes, the dreaded wind chill factor. Boston feels like it's ten degrees today.

(The Nomination: potw nom garb..... that post struck me funny.........& we all know joe knows funny we've had a cold front with wind here in cayman for a few weeks now. i'm talking veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery low 70's. today's high won't even reach 82 - joewilly)

(Editor's Note: Two things - 1. joewilly sucks! 2. It's nice to see Garb and blackout806 just getting along. Kumbaya, anyone?)

-----

Originally Posted by bitonti

Cmon indeed. Clemens is not ready for prime time and we all know it - or at least can figure that out by watching him yesterday. Im not ready to see the season go down the drain so we can "see what we have."

by the way it wasn't the attempts that worried me. Am i the only one who saw him hold the ball too long on two occasions, panic and take two atrocious sacks? slide down in bounds during a two minute drill? um... ok.

it was amateur hour, and if i want to see that crap i'll crank up tapes of preseason

Originally Posted by Max

Bit --

The season down the drain. Did you see Chad yesterday? Not like we are asking Clemens to take over for Montana in his prime.

(Editor's Note: Wait a second - Chad is not the second coming of Cool Joe? When did this happen?)

-----

Do you hang around with LosJets?

Originally Posted by PakiJet

whos that. I live in north cali not south

Dont listen to him..he's a fountain of misinformation..just a heads up!

Originally Posted by PakiJet

thanks..man hes one annoying pats fan, does he have a life or what

(Editor's Note: Wow, didn't take him long to figure out TX, huh? PS - I miss LosYets.)

-----

the same ole jets woulda won yesterday & then lost the last 3

(Editor's Note: Sad but true...)

-----

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards View Post

No. Was it a gay pride episode? I'm big on pride. Gotta have the pride. GOB taught me that.

Originally Posted by Scott Dierking

I was kinda referring to the opening sequence where Bart writes on teh board over and over different phrases.

Mine is a subtle and laughless humor, I realize.

(Editor's Note: There goes Scott D bragging on himself again. Jeez, Scott - tone it down some, will ya?)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

I stood right in front of Clemens in camp. He is 6 feet tall. No bigger than that.

WTF?

Dude, Clemens is measured vertically, and you are measured horizontally.

Nice friggn' job comparing apples to oranges.

(Editor's Note: Great post, TX - you finally made me laugh)

-----

Originally Posted by EvanstonJet

Finally, an objective board..

Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you honey.

(Editor's Note: Everyone, I mean EVERYONE loves Freddie S, don't they?)

-----

(Topic: Chad Pennington is like the Jaguars)

Originally Posted by The Troll

No, he isn't, because the Jaguars are going to the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Penny&theJets

So are the Jets

Originally Posted by serphnx

While I usually don't doubt Mangini's motivational tactics, I don't understand the point of taking the entire Jets team to watch a playoff game. Not to mention how expensive 50 tickets are going to be.

(Editor's Note: What, the players don't get to bring dates? Cheap-o.)

-----

Originally Posted by Boozer76

I'm just trying to train the newbs right. Between her and Harmamoon I'm going to go blind.

Originally Posted by Max

Yeah. Their posts are why you are going blind. Okay.

(Editor's Note: Hey Booz, is that hair growing on your palm?)

-----

(Topic: How did you guys become Jet fans?)

Trolling Jets message boards.

sig - Spermy Edwards: "Chad blows when he's playing teams that don't suck".

(Editor's Note: Wait a second here - PatsFanTX is really JetsFanTX? WTF - I'm so outta the loop...)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Boozer --

We received your application for President of the Welcoming Committee. We are going to have to decline at this time. We will keep it on file for 6 months though, if anything changes we will call you.

Thanks!

(Editor's Note: Come on, Max admit it to yourself - Boozer's snappy retort turned you on, didn't it?)

-----

(Topic: joewilly got hosed... a christmas story)

so the mrs & I went to fla to shop & meet friends for the fins/jags game. looked a little bit for a wii game to no avail. my wife stayed up for the week to shop.

sat night my wife came runnin to tell me her friend was on the phone & had a wii for us so tell my suppliers to stop looking for one. She borrowed my checkbook yesterday to go get it.

my son works for said friend. said friend charged my wife ci 549.00 which is 670.00 us.

I now hear they're 250.00 in us. if I paid freight & duty on top of that my cost would be 340.00

my wifes friend/ sons boss is exactly that word garb hates "crunt"

my problem is that I can't tell her how I feel about her til my son stops working there.

Has any one on this site beat up a girl before? son is off to college next fall & I feel if I go to the gym & train til then I can take this chick. Any tips for me. I hear girls scratch & kick a lot. i'll cut my hair prior to the fight & wear a cup on game day but i'm gonna go after her.

seriously it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth for a friend to take advantage of a situation

Originally Posted by Alk

So I guess I shouldn't expect to get that check back eh? Merry ****ing chirstmas you dumb bastard. Maybe you can use the rest on a real nice toaster.

(Editor's Note: Huh? I'm so confused...)

-----

(Topic: Post What's the Difference Between Flirting and Cheating?..this is a good one...lol )

Originally Posted by Green DNA

I can just see this conversation:

joebaby's girlfriend: How was work today?

joebabyny: I had threesome with two hot chicks, filmed two babes using a strap on, got oral from 25 chicks auditioning for a role in my new flick. You know, the usual.

joebaby's girlfriend: You told me that your assistant was going to do the auditioning, you cheated on me, bastard!!

joebabyny: It's my job!! You like this house?, You like to eat? You like the fancy car? I need to make a living, if you can do better, get an effin job.

joebaby's girlfriend: Your right baby, I'm sorry, I just get a little jealous sometimes.

joebabyny: OK fine, but I'm a little tense after a tough day at the office, why don't you give me a hummer?

(Editor Note: This wins the POTW "Uncensored, Live, and Uncut Edition" award for sure. GREAT JOB (no pun intended) DNA!)

-----

Originally Posted by Smizzy

Id pick him up right now. Steal everything he knows about the Pats playbook.

Plus he is a good #3 WR.

Originally Posted by Alk

Yeah, judging from the amount of time he spent on the field, I'm sure he can tell you all about one play. The one where he runs down the field in a straight line as fast as he can. Good luck with that.

(Editor Note: Smizz, he has a point here. Alk - you forgot to mention the catch and fumble part of that play.)

-----

(The Runner-Up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX)

Originally Posted by shutout

Here ya go Gainzo,I found one for ya,but I think its a bit old

I will give the Jets credit where credit is due,if this young QB from 'Bama can stay healthy,then the Jets may win a few games.

(Editor's Note: That's a beaut!)

-----

Originally Posted by ecurb2369

See the one with Jared and Strahan? Annoying as hell... whats with the NFL players in fast food commercials... Tiki and Curtis CANNOT eat Mcdonalds... we hope...

Originally Posted by The Troll

I am pretty sure Tiki Barber prefers hot dogs.

(Editor's Note: Kosher, red, or human?)

-----

Originally Posted by greengal

how much must it suck to start a JETS website and have your most obnoxious poster be a pats fan... and some hottie who posts lyrics.

you are a bitter round man, max

la dee da la dee daa la la.

gb is the BEST!!!!! he always does a grand job!!

(Editor's Note: Zing! My goodness. Oh, and thank you for the props, mah dear. ;))

-----

I wonder if TX will win this week. The suspense is killing me.

(Editor's Note: A real, live cliff-hanger. We need to make the POTW movie!)

-----

And this week's winner is:

I think the process has already begun. Mangini can't promote a guy from #3 to #1 and then say to the world it gives us the best chance to win. But in doing so he's made the move from Chad to Clemens closer. I think once we are eliminated it's a done deal. But Chad still has a lot of support in the locker room, particularly from vocal guys like Coles. You can't bench the primary receiver's favorite QB while you're still in a playoff hunt & sell it as being best chance for the team for the upcoming game.

I don't believe for a second that Mangini is blind to Chad's shortcomings. He's a defensive guy - and a DB guy in particular - and certainly knows how much easier it is to defend a QB who can't (or won't) stretch the field.

But a HC is more than just a game tactician. He's also somewhat of a politician, in dealing with both the players and with the media; not to mention potential FA's. He doesn't have superbowl rings to get the benefit of the doubt like a Parcells or a Shanahan. A rookie HC of a team with weaknesses at more than just the QB position has got to be more subtle, particularly with the most important position on the team, for better or for worse.

That's right folks, Sperm Edwards officially has a winning streak going - a first, I think for POTW. Great post, Spermie - I can't say another thing about it - it stands on its own. Give the man his due, folks!

The Assist of the Week goes to Bob for setting up joewilly's "EEEeeewwwwwwww" of the week - see the posts above for details, I still trying to get that image out of my eyes.

That's all for this week, people - let's hope that the Jets can bounce back and play a good, well executed game this weekend against the Vikings. Thanks once again for the great posts and the nominations this week.

Be safe and y'all be cool -

gb

(Topic: joewilly got hosed... a christmas story)

so the mrs & I went to fla to shop & meet friends for the fins/jags game. looked a little bit for a wii game to no avail. my wife stayed up for the week to shop.

sat night my wife came runnin to tell me her friend was on the phone & had a wii for us so tell my suppliers to stop looking for one. She borrowed my checkbook yesterday to go get it.

my son works for said friend. said friend charged my wife ci 549.00 which is 670.00 us.

I now hear they're 250.00 in us. if I paid freight & duty on top of that my cost would be 340.00

my wifes friend/ sons boss is exactly that word garb hates "crunt"

my problem is that I can't tell her how I feel about her til my son stops working there.

Has any one on this site beat up a girl before? son is off to college next fall & I feel if I go to the gym & train til then I can take this chick. Any tips for me. I hear girls scratch & kick a lot. i'll cut my hair prior to the fight & wear a cup on game day but i'm gonna go after her.

seriously it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth for a friend to take advantage of a situation

Originally Posted by Alk

So I guess I shouldn't expect to get that check back eh? Merry ****ing chirstmas you dumb bastard. Maybe you can use the rest on a real nice toaster.

(Editor's Note: Huh? I'm so confused...)

gb

Just an inside joke, I thought you were in on this one too.

Archived