Dolphins Jets prediction

crashingjet

it's be a little easier knowing if harrington was gonna play and throw 3 ints or if lemon is gonna play and who knows anything about this kid. so I'm just gonna take a shot

Jets 23

dolfags 16

From looking at the Miami papers it appears they are sticking with Harrington this week. Either way I see this as a tough game.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolphins 23

Jets 17

Close game, but Miami will show up a little bit more like they did against New England and a little bit less like they did against Buffalo. Jets were better than many expected this season, but it isn't their year, either.

Stay healthy, & happy holidays.

Go Fins!

asinine :P

MR writes:

What's the deal with "asinine"? I'm curious about both the development of the word (from "ass," dropping an "s" with the "-inine" ending) and the usage. "Asinine" seems to have a respectability that "ass" doesn't. It seems that saying "that's an asinine suggestion" is as confrontational but not as vulgar as "that's the kind of suggestion an ass would make."

Your question raises several issues.

We can start with the most direct one, the derivation of asinine. Asinine has two senses: 'unintelligent; stupid; silly', and 'of or like an ass [donkey]'; the word is pronounced like ASS-uh-nine.

This word does not stem directly from ass with a suffix -inine. Rather, it comes from Latin asin

From looking at the Miami papers it appears they are sticking with Harrington this week. Either way I see this as a tough game.

When you can heave the ole pea like Joey can coupled with nothing to lose - there could be some points rung up. Secondary has to click to keep us out of the soup and in the hunt.

After watching Cinny get bashed last night, I was wondering what must be going through the minds of the Jets..especially Penny and Mangini.

They must be looking at it this way...we've got a Christmas Night Monday Game, the whole country will be watching and what better way to show the football world how good we really are...

I say the Jets destroy the fish.....not even close....27-7 or 31-10.

If the Phins defense can shut out Brady and the Pats, what the hell do you think they'll do against Penny "Deer-in-the-Headlights" BoyWonder and the anemic 23rd ranked Jets offense?

Yea, the Jets will score 27 or 31 points against that defense.

After watching Cinny get bashed last night, I was wondering what must be going through the minds of the Jets..especially Penny and Mangini.

They must be looking at it this way...we've got a Christmas Night Monday Game, the whole country will be watching and what better way to show the football world how good we really are...

Since when does pressure equal a good performance? I'm pro Pennington and don't think he's a choker, but all that pressure doesn't exactly play into our hands. Also road games on Monday night are not traditionally good bets.

Since when does pressure equal a good performance? I'm pro Pennington and don't think he's a choker, but all that pressure doesn't exactly play into our hands. Also road games on Monday night are not traditionally good bets.

Very true, but this isn't really a road game.;)

If the Phins defense can shut out Brady and the Pats, what the hell do you think they'll do against Penny "Deer-in-the-Headlights" BoyWonder and the anemic 23rd ranked Jets offense?

Yea, the Jets will score 27 or 31 points against that defense.

If Chad shows up the Jets win... if he doesn't...

Why is it that PennyBoy only "shows up" against bottom-feeding teams?

Against the good teams, he is nowhere to be found.

That's not accurate. When he shows up has nothing to do with whether team he's playing against is good or not. It's an absolute crap shoot. That's what is so frustrating about Chad to me. He's the freakin' thorn in my side. With that said, I hope he proves me wrong over and over and over again.

I guess I didn't get my point across, what I am trying to say is now is the Jets chance to show everyone that they are for real..That's what I meant. And I have to disagree with you....tradiationally good football teams love the pressure games...that's what makes them good and then great.

Penny shows up the Jets win this easy....

Very true, but this isn't really a road game.;)

Since the Jets don't have a stadium of their own, I would say that they play 16 road games a year, and no, you don't own Dolphin Stadium. South Florida is a transient communitty overun with New Yakers who can't stand their own state anymore, so they come down here to screw up our beautiful state.

It's no suprise that fans of a visiting team show up to a football game. And just so you know, all of the Dolphins home games have an abundance of visiting team fans, it's not only the Jets.

Quit sucking eachother off, your team and fans are not that special where you can "fill" a visiting stadium. Out of 75,000 seats, there might be 15,000 Jagoff Jets fans there.

Having said that, I welcome all Jests fans to Dolphin Stadium on Christmas, I can't wait to see you bad a$$ New Yorkers crying your eyes out. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the Jets don't have a stadium of their own, I would say that they play 16 road games a year, and no, you don't own Dolphin Stadium. South Florida is a transient communitty overun with New Yakers who can't stand their own state anymore, so they come down here to screw up our beautiful state.

It's no suprise that fans of a visiting team show up to a football game. And just so you know, all of the Dolphins home games have an abundance of visiting team fans, it's not only the Jets.

Quit sucking eachother off, your team and fans are not that special where you can "fill" a visiting stadium. Out of 75,000 seats, there might be 15,000 Jagoff Jets fans there.

Having said that, I welcome all Jests fans to Dolphin Stadium on Christmas, I can't wait to see you bad a$$ New Yorkers crying your eyes out. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When was the last time a game in Miami wasn't blacked out locally ?

When was the last time a game in Miami wasn't blacked out locally ?

Your question has nothing to do with the topic, but i'll bite. 9 days ago. We have not had a blackout for 6 years. Dumba$$. Now it's my turn for a question...

When was the last time the Jets went to a Superbowl?

Your question has nothing to do with the topic, but i'll bite. 9 days ago. We have not had a blackout for 6 years. Dumba$$. Now it's my turn for a question...

When was the last time the Jets went to a Superbowl?

Yes and If I'm not mistaken they were playoff games weren't they ?

Nice fan base. Can't even sell out a playoff game. :eek:

Here my prediction

Jets 24

Fish 10

Archived