jets sign Vaka Manupuna

jetsrule128

i finnaly found him.so yeah d lineman signed to the p-squad we have a full roster at 61 again

his college profile

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3845&SPID=255&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=23033&Q_SEASON=2005

so welcome to the jets Vaka Manupuna

his draft profile

BIO: Full-time starter the past two seasons. Senior totals included 52/0/4 after 42/2.5/8 as a junior.

POSITIVES: Explosive, hard-working, one-gap lineman. Gets off the ball with great first-step quickness, consistently plays with good pad level and is rarely off his feet. Redirects to the action, makes plays down the line of scrimmage and always works to get involved. Displays a good head and immediately locates the ball.

NEGATIVES: Can be handled at the point by a single opponent, or sometimes gets lost in the wash.

ANALYSIS: An intense competitor who makes football a priority, Manupuna is a self-starter who finds a way to be productive. His quickness and ability to play with leverage gives him possibilities as a three-technique lineman.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

Thanks for the work 128. Another 3 technique guy? He's a little light. It's becoming obvious that those huge NTs don't grow on trees. I couldn't find much else on him. That SI site has him at 290 with a 5.15 40, I think he weighed 296 at the combine and was rated 33 best DT. Only did bench bench (25reps) at Colorado pro day because of a hamstring issue. He stuck with the Redskins practice squad for a bit, but they have lots of DTs.

Archived