Not a bad QB

joewillie318

Smart as hell on the field too. If I had to win just one game it would be hard not to chose him.

Joe called 80% of the plays on the line of scrimmage in SBIII.."check with me' he said in the huddle which meant let me look at the defense then Ill call the play at the line of scrimmage ...Joe had no OC, no qb coach or Weeb sending the plays in...Namath was a student of the game studied hard and partied hard.

He was the most popular star play in the NFL and all of sports tied with Ali. As far as Namath's talent Vince Lombardi called him "The perfect passer" Till injury s slowed him down there was Joe then the rest of the QB's in the NFL.

Wow! what a great QB that guy was! the way he just picked apart that defense! thanks foir the clip. I've never really seen much film on him except for some of the highlights of SBIII and the like.. (I was born in '83). I'm starting to understand why he's considered one of the greatest ever.

• 6 years later...

The NYJ treated Joe like a cash cow and did not invest in keeping good players around him after supe III. The guy was great but the ensuing revolving door O-lines and subsequent injuries led to his early demise.

Weeb had a lot to do with that....let Riggins walk right out the door....

Archived