Official JN Jets Vs Raiders GameDay Thread

Smizzy

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got home. I'm too ramped up to read through this thread just now, so I may be repeating some of what was already said. Still, we're all excited as all get out and this is a great day for JETS fans.

1) Chad didn't look too shabby on the two dropped Coles' passes. Coles has been big for us, so he gets a free pass (no pun intended), no question. Seeing as Chad can't throw the ball more than 5 yds., I reckon it arrived there by freight. Never let your enemies know how much fuel you've got in your tank. Every time Pennington has a shaky showing, he's playacting, see? It's the psychology of war! Hehe. To go through two shoulder surgeries and get us into the Playoffs is just tremendous. I know there's an army of detractors out there waiting to say there are millions of reasons that have NOTHING to do with him as to why we got in, but too bad. It's a great day for Chad, a great day for us.

2) Leon ain't no peon by any stretch, as we all know and most agree. He's mercurial and exciting and makes cuts like butter. I'm loving this guy.

3) Again, Brad Smith is like a box of chocolates, you never know which one yer gonna git.

4) Vilma is doing his job in a new system.

5) All that cr*p about our weak schedule, I'll say it again. We were pegged to go 4-12 based on the schedule that was in place before the start of the regular season. We overperformed every which way but loose. Get over it, critics. A lot of analysts just love to see us fail or hate to give credit where it's due. Cinderella, Cindererlla! It's part of who we are. Misfits and vagabonds, underdogs all. Think Superbowl III.

6) After Mangini got Gatoraded (fabulous, that), Kerry Rhodes walked over to the opposite sideline (where we sit) just to celebrate and whoop it up with the fans. He went out of his way to do that. I thought that was just great.

7) He's sassy, that Chadwick. When he raised his index finger in the air like Namath on the way into the tunnel, I got woozy and almost fainted. HolyJesusGod, GO JETS!

Archived