2006 NY Jets are PLAYOFF BOUND!!!

Smizzy

Jets roll over Raiders, heading to playoffs

NFL.com wire reports

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (Dec. 31, 2006) -- The preseason forecasts of gloom and doom are long gone. These surprising New York Jets are headed for an improbable trip to the playoffs.

Leon Washington had a 15-yard touchdown run, Chris Baker caught a 1-yard scoring pass and Mike Nugent kicked three field goals to lead the Jets to a 23-3 victory over the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

With their playoff destiny in their hands, the Jets came in knowing a win would clinch a postseason berth. Cheered on by a sea of towel-waving fans throughout the game, New York (10-6) led the entire way and took control in the second half - leaving no doubt as to whether they would play at least one more game.

By the time Nugent kicked his third field goal with just under 12 minutes left, the crowd at Giants Stadium spent most of the fourth quarter partying in the stands - dancing, cheering and waving their white Jets towels.

Coach Eric Mangini received a Gatorade shower just after the 2-minute warning, and a series of hugs by jubilant Jets players. Quarterback Chad Pennington urged the fans on, waving his right arm and prompting them to continue celebrating.

The Jets will play next weekend in a first-round matchup against the AFC's No. 3 seed: either at Indianapolis or New England.

Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

At this moment, I'd like to thank Steve (JetHeelz) for keeping me updated, when I couldn't see the games... um... the academy for the nomination, and to all you hatin mofo's... PISS off!!!

Are you the person he was sending text messages to during the game today? I meant to ask him WTF he was doing and then forgot. Jetheelz is good people!

UNREAL SEASON, EHH BOYS? :)

Archived