shout-out to the JI banned...

pauliec

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is the ONLY thing I miss about JI...

Hey, Max, can I have a Soccer forum?

A soccer forum? I think we need a boxing\ultimate fighting forum before a soccer forum. How about: Chicks, wings, soccer, fighting and road trips? All in one super forum.

Damn. I've been around these boards too long. People I've never heard from are getting banned from JI.

I'll bet not one of them remembers when I kept law and order there. I'm like John Wayne in that movie "Big Jake," where everybody tells him, "I thought you were dead."

I can't believe you got a lifetime ban for saying "mate."

Wow.

lol, go figure that one mate! we exchanged about 4 PM's, i tried to ask as nicely as humanly possible what is wrong with saying the word mate, and then i explained to him how ridiculous it is to restrict free speech on a word like that. anyway, after the last 2, he didnt even answer, so then today at like 2 o clock or so, i PMd him saying the overwhelming silence would indicate how right i am!! then a while after, i assume when he got it, he pulled the trigger. o well

Damn. I've been around these boards too long. People I've never heard from are getting banned from JI.

I'll bet not one of them remembers when I kept law and order there. I'm like John Wayne in that movie "Big Jake," where everybody tells him, "I thought you were dead."

You did keep law and order, but you were better at pissing Alk off.

A soccer forum? I think we need a boxing\ultimate fighting forum before a soccer forum. How about: Chicks, wings, soccer, fighting and road trips? All in one super forum.

You have no clue what kind of a super poster you just inherited.:lol:

What happened??? :rl:

here are most of the PM's, except for my first 2 or so, mate!!!

His-

Seriously, knock off the mate crap. You are doing it just to annoy people and I am getting PM's about it.

If you don't stop, I'm going to be forced to ban you. Also, if you b*tch about it on the board you are definitely banned. Don't test me, bro. I've just about lost patience with you. Act like an adult.

No, actually very UN-interesting and downright annoying. The fact that it's 11:30 at night and I have to deal with e-mails about this childish bullsh*t. Grow up Bubba, or post on other boards.

You are doing it only to annoy people. Proof of that is the 4 PM's i've gotten in the past few days. I don't need the aggrivation. If you want to be banned just do it again and you have my word that you will never post here again. Don't PM me again.

Dude, why do you have to be an jerk?

This should be your reply to me:

"Sorry Sean, I didn't mean to cause you any inconvienence. I know you and the other staff work hard to keep this place together and I'll knock it off. Thanks again for providing a place where I get a lot of pleasure. Obviously you can see that based on my 8000 posts here. Sorry again for the trouble"

I could care less how may posts you have or if you donate or not. As you've seen we've banned several VIP's that have acted inapproproately. If you can't respect our wishes go elsewhere. It's as simple as that.

I'm sorry you feel that annoying people is fun. For me it's not fun. Writing this crap to you at 12:30AM is far from fun. I've spent enough time on this. Obide by my wishes or post elsewhere or start your own board then you can run it how you see fit.

Good night.

Mine-

i understand that VIPs have been banned, but what i said was whatever leighway i wouldve had in this case if i was VIP, i dont have, because im not VIP. its human nature. they donated money to the cause, and if nothing else, subconsciously they would be given more leighway. albeit they were probably banned for doing much worse, but that's neither here no there. im not arguing about that though. im trying to make a point here, and i dont see how that means im being a jerk in this case. i just want to make a point, thats all. and my point is, that this website is supposed to be about fun, why, or who got upset about being called mate, just in the context of good fun?? have we lost sight about the fact that this site is supposed to be about fun?? maybe so, it appears. be that as it may, yes, i appreciate the work that you and your mods do in providing this site to us, the fans, but at the same time, i feel like i DESERVE an explanation in this matter, whether ive contributed money or not. thats all i ask. if you had banned me for personally attacking somebody, or accessive swearing, thats ok, i can understand that, but there's a certain fundamental line that is crossed when restriction is placed on freedom of speech, on a frigging happy go lucky word no less!!! i mean, at this point, all i ask for is a reasonable justification as to why youre going to ban me, and i feel like i'm owed that, if nothing else, just a reasonable explanation. i've made my point, and i would greatly appreciate if you would address my point.

well, i never had designs of annoying people with the word "mate", ironically enough!! and if they were annoyed, i simply dont know what to say. but i think a bigger issue, and theme here again, as i put it, is this fundamental line that is being crossed here in an attempt to limit free speech, on a non swear word, non offensive word. that is the more important issue here, not the word "mate." one of the principles that this country was founded on (free speech) is being abridged here. and for what,i beg of you??? i mean, this isnt just a legitimate point im making, it's THE fundamental point. if there was no freedom of speech, what would this site be?? .......... that's the point, we're all here to say our opinions, have fun, and discuss the Jets. saying the word mate a couple of times is just simply irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. so again, for either the 3rd or 4th time, i cant remember which, i am just asking a really simple question, really. and all im asking for, im not asking whether it annoyed people or not, im not asking ifit was fun or not, im not asking if theres other things you'd be doing at 12:30 AM, i'm just asking, simply, why is there a restriction of free speech in this instance, and that's exactly what it is. so, in turn, all im asking is that you just give me a simple, coherent explanation to this question. if you can just give me a legitimate reason as to why this word is so bad, and so offensive (other than that allegedly it annoyed a few people), all im asking for is a legit reason, and then i will voluntarily leave this place (before you ban me) for good, because i will have been proven wrong on a basic fundamental issue, and that would be good enough for me. i mean, ive said the same thing over and over, and you seem to be hearing it, just not LISTENING, that's all i ask for, is that you listen to what im trying to say, and then just give me some reasonable explanation.

there was probably something about asking for a "coherent" response that was too much for him to handle

lol mate!

I read some of your posts on JI and I think you started using "mate" to make a point to Sooth and in general JI. I have no problem with that.

What annoyed me was the fact that:

1). You aren't an Aussie, Kiwi or from the UK.

2). You used it "mate" the sake of using it.

You don't need my blessing to be here. Everyone knows that. All I ask is that you don't use the word "mate" too often.

Welcome to JN!

I read some of your posts on JI and I think you started using "mate" to make a point to Sooth and in general JI. I have no problem with that.

What annoyed me was the fact that:

1). You aren't an Aussie, Kiwi or from the UK.

2). You used it "mate" the sake of using it.

You don't need my blessing to be here. Everyone knows that. All I ask is that you don't use the word "mate" too often.

Welcome to JN!

actually, i started using the word mate because a friend of mine started using it for some reason, and i got hooked on it mate!!! no points intended to sooth or any of JI, its just a solid word. but, as i said in my PM to him, the problem isnt the word mate, the problem is their blatant attempt (and success) at restricting free speech. thats the problem. i mean, if they cant handle a word like mate and act like it's offensive, i dont know, but it just speaks volumes about some of them. but, whadayagonnado mate!!!

actually, i started using the word mate because a friend of mine started using it for some reason, and i got hooked on it mate!!! no points intended to sooth or any of JI, its just a solid word. but, as i said in my PM to him, the problem isnt the word mate, the problem is their blatant attempt (and success) at restricting free speech. thats the problem. i mean, if they cant handle a word like mate and act like it's offensive, i dont know, but it just speaks volumes about some of them. but, whadayagonnado mate!!!

That's cool. Can you just tone it down here? That would be excellent.

Sidenote: Sooth's PM was pretty funny. He used "bro" & "bub" which are pretty much cousins to the word "mate"

Gainzo

Stupid Australian

vCash: 50

That's cool. Can you just tone it down here? That would be excellent.

Sidenote: Sooth's PM was pretty funny. He used "bro" & "bub" which are pretty much cousins to the word "mate"

ill see what i can do mate!!! yes, that it is funny that he used those words in his PM. what a freaking hypocrite!!!

what's your point?? hey, if there are Australians on here, that means the less likely i'll get banned for using the word mate!!!!

I use the word mate sometimes when I post. That's it. I don't use it in every single post.

BP filled you in. I'm an Aussie.

Archived