Best WR In Jets History?

mangenious420

maynard and toon-if toon would have been taken by the 49ers instead of rice,toon would have been considered the best wr ever,he was that good! Unfortunatly for toon, he ended up w/kenny ob. who hung him out to dry on seemingly every pass he threw.

maynard and toon-if toon would have been taken by the 49ers instead of rice,toon would have been considered the best wr ever,he was that good! Unfortunatly for toon, he ended up w/kenny ob. who hung him out to dry on seemingly every pass he threw.

Al was not Jerry Rice but I think he was on a Hall of fame path until the concussions started becoming routine.

Al was not Jerry Rice but I think he was on a Hall of fame path until the concussions started becoming routine.

If I remember correctly Toon caught more passes in the first 5 years of his career than any other WR in the history of the NFL. In his 6th season is when the concussions really started effecting his production. I believe that Andre Rison broke Toon's record since. Still that is pretty impressive and I think Toon would have been the GOAT if he stayed healthy. I really do.

My Favorite:

johnson_45641.jpg

I know a lot of people dislike him for demanding the contract and the whole "Meshawn" attitude. But he played great under Parcells and was a complete WR, except the breakaway speed. But he made Pro-Bowls with the Jets and was money on 3rd down. To me he justified his #1 Overall selection when the Jets took him.

The best though? Probably Maynard or Walker. But since I didn't see them it's hard for me to give an opinion. I don't remember seeing Walker/Toon since I was only 5-6 years old.

But I did see Wayne Chrebet, and to me he is the Best in Jets history in my eyes only because I didn't see Maynard or the other two, not taking away what they did, but I would of loved to have seen them.

If I remember correctly Toon caught more passes in the first 5 years of his career than any other WR in the history of the NFL. In his 6th season is when the concussions really started effecting his production. I believe that Andre Rison broke Toon's record since. Still that is pretty impressive and I think Toon would have been the GOAT if he stayed healthy. I really do.

Toon had just 9 more recs than Rice through their first 5 years BUT he had almost 1800 LESS yards than Rice and 43 LESS TDs. They weren't close, I love Al as he's one of my all-time favorite Jets but he was not Jerry Rice and while possibly on his way to a HOF caliber career he was not going to be involved for GOAT.

Toon

355 recs, 4574 yds(12.8 YPC), 23 TDs

Rice

346 recs, 6364 yds(18 YPC), 66 TDs

Toon had just 9 more recs than Rice through their first 5 years BUT he had almost 1800 LESS yards than Rice and 43 LESS TDs. They weren't close, I love Al as he's one of my all-time favorite Jets but he was not Jerry Rice and while possibly on his way to a HOF caliber career he was not going to be involved for GOAT.

Toon

Rice

I know but Toon was not in an offense even close to that of Jerry's.

Toon

Rice

I think it was the first 3 years that Toon was considered as good as Rice. He had some monster games in '86. Thing is Rice still outclassed him. Keyshawn had as many 1,000 yard seasons as a Jet, but most that saw them both would agree Toon was a better pure reciever. Another example of stats can lie. Don't see anyway anybody can beat out Maynard. Maynard is up there for GOAT. When he retired his numbers were as good as anybody.

Archived