What are u listening to right now?

21 hours ago, munchmemory said:

For all the guitar players and gigging musicians out there.   What an impressive lady (and dream axe, of course).  And as the man says, the warmth coming off those P-90 is incredible.  As a few of the YT comments say, I wish she would have taken her guitar for a musical spin.

Did Wes M play the same guitar ?

19 hours ago, munchmemory said:

These Lennon demos are just magical.

Apparently they are going to release (or just did) on IMAX the Rooftop concert.  

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/beatles-rooftop-concert-let-it-be-1291122/

I think it was part of "Get Back" which we haven't seen yet, but they recut it in digital/IMAX  format.  

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Apparently they are going to release (or just did) on IMAX the Rooftop concert.  

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/beatles-rooftop-concert-let-it-be-1291122/

I think it was part of "Get Back" which we haven't seen yet, but they recut it in digital/IMAX  format.  

I'm still lamenting not being able to watch more of Get Back.   Hated to see it end. The film's detail is not for everyone.  But for folks like me who first loved The Beatles back in the 60s, Jackson's documentary is breathtaking and spectacular.

I don't know what the IMax version would include beyond what's in Jackson's film.  They were only able to do a couple of numbers before the cops made them shut it down.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm still lamenting not being able to watch more of Get Back.   Hated to see it end. The film's detail is not for everyone.  But for folks like me who first loved The Beatles back in the 60s, Jackson's documentary is breathtaking and spectacular.

I don't know what the IMax version would include beyond what's in Jackson's film.  They were only able to do a couple of numbers before the cops made them shut it down.

I think the IMAX version is only 40 minutes long.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Wow, never heard this before.  Very cool.

For me the best thig about the internet is you tube for finding rare cuts, particularly live ones, that I never heard back when I should have.

If you like vintage Santana, Santana live at Tanglewood is amazing.  It's pre Woodstock, but be sure to listen to Soul Sacrifice and watch Shrieves dime store drum set practically fall apart. Chicago live at Tanglewood is another beauty I found.  I'm a huge Terry Kath fan.  Terry was all set to leave Chicago before he pulled that trigger f'king around with a gun.  And he would have been phenomenal on his own I think. 

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

For me the best thig about the internet is you tube for finding rare cuts, particularly live ones, that I never heard back when I should have.

If you like vintage Santana, Santana live at Tanglewood is amazing.  It's pre Woodstock, but be sure to listen to Soul Sacrifice and watch Shrieves dime store drum set practically fall apart. Chicago live at Tanglewood is another beauty I found.  I'm a huge Terry Kath fan.  Terry was all set to leave Chicago before he pulled that trigger f'king around with a gun.  And he would have been phenomenal on his own I think. 

Saw Santana at the Performing Arts Center in Holmdel. 3 sets, he played the first and the third and was vintage Santana. Second set was his son and wife and they were terrible- as we were leaving we asked for 1/3rd of our money back. Was an awful money grab. 

My roommate in college loved Kath but also loved his Kath joke.

How many bullets does a Terry Kath gun hold?

One more than he thought. 

Too soon? 

BTW listened to 25 or 6 to 4 a bajjilion times before my older brother told me what it meant. 

• Upvote 1

So I’m a casual AIC fan. Have all the big hits in my playlist. Was looking to add to my collection and went to the Apple Music page. Saw some song named nutshell was the second most popular stream. Said what the heck let’s give it a listen 

holy crap. What a sad story, what a transcendent song

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Was the Live at Fillmore East Concert filmed? It was over 3 nights in March 1971.  Would love to see that exact live version of In Memory of Elizabeth Reed.  

Too funnny, Elizabeth Reed was a name Dickie Betts pulled off a headstone in Georgia but it was about Boz Scaggs girlfriend who he was cheating with.  

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Was the Live at Fillmore East Concert filmed? It was over 3 nights in March 1971.  Would love to see that exact live version of In Memory of Elizabeth Reed.  

Too funnny, Elizabeth Reed was a name Dickie Betts pulled off a headstone in Georgia but it was about Boz Scaggs girlfriend who he was cheating with.  

Yeah, I think it was 2 or 3 nights, not sure, before my time but I do know they got like 1200 dollars for each show.  Crazy.  My best buds dad was a die hard, took us in a Winnebago to a bunch of shows a few times in our late teens/early 20's. One of the tour legs we did was in the south and stopped at that graveyard.  It's where Duane was buried and I believe now Gregg as well.  Beautiful piece of property, apparently Dickie wrote a few songs there if I'm not mistaken. 

19 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yeah, I think it was 2 or 3 nights, not sure, before my time but I do know they got like 1200 dollars for each show.  Crazy.  My best buds dad was a die hard, took us in a Winnebago to a bunch of shows a few times in our late teens/early 20's. One of the tour legs we did was in the south and stopped at that graveyard.  It's where Duane was buried and I believe now Gregg as well.  Beautiful piece of property, apparently Dickie wrote a few songs there if I'm not mistaken. 

Saw them about 5-6 years in a row at The Beacon. Obviously after Duane. 

So great.