What are u listening to right now?

14 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Figured since we have a bunch of Bowie fans here, I’d share the nursery for my boy due in early Dec.  music theme:  

616AB2FE-CF29-43AE-B4E0-902FC8D71CFD.thumb.jpeg.5e095fcd27c0f4295776be954226dd4a.jpeg

Very cool.  Didn't know you had a bundle of joy on the way.  Congrats.  Wishing you, and especially your wife, smooth sailing the rest of the way. Get some sleep while you can.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Very cool.  Didn't know you had a bundle of joy on the way.  Congrats.  Wishing you, and especially your wife, smooth sailing the rest of the way. Get some sleep while you can.

Yep!  He will be our first and momma is doing good.  Funny and ironic and thread related; while we didnt name him after this person, to continue with the music theme, his name is Ronnie James.  So naturally, my older brother in their 50's who were big hard rock/metal fans are like dude, you named him after Dio??!!!!!  lmfao  No, it's a combo of her dads name and my dads name, just so happened to be a bad ass name of an icon. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yep!  He will be our first and momma is doing good.  Funny and ironic and thread related; while we didnt name him after this person, to continue with the music theme, his name is Ronnie James.  So naturally, my older brother in their 50's who were big hard rock/metal fans are like dude, you named him after Dio??!!!!!  lmfao  No, it's a combo of her dads name and my dads name, just so happened to be a bad ass name of an icon. 

Like your brother, first thing I thought of was Dio.  lol   I like the name a lot.  Very cool sounding.  And if your son eventually follows a religious path, he can call himself Holy Diver.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Like your brother, first thing I thought of was Dio.  lol   I like the name a lot.  Very cool sounding.  And if your son eventually follows a religious path, he can call himself Holy Diver.

He's just a little rainbow in the dark...lol

You'll appreciate this, he's been kicking a lot, very aggressive and I keep telling my wife we either have a runner (she was a track star) or a dancer!  So I've been singing to him, "I was dancing when I was 12, isnt is strange to dance so soon, I danced myself right out the womb".   So the next picture we're getting is the lyrics "Danced myself right out the womb"!   Figured its only right to have Bolan and Bowie next to each other.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

He's just a little rainbow in the dark...lol

You'll appreciate this, he's been kicking a lot, very aggressive and I keep telling my wife we either have a runner (she was a track star) or a dancer!  So I've been singing to him, "I was dancing when I was 12, isnt is strange to dance so soon, I danced myself right out the womb".   So the next picture we're getting is the lyrics "Danced myself right out the womb"!   Figured its only right to have Bolan and Bowie next to each other.

Awesome.  Who wouldn't want to be a cosmic dancer?  

One for you, your wife and your childe (sic).

• Sympathy 1

It's funny, I have gone back and forth with the Chili Peppers since I was a kid and Mother's Milk came out. I go through stretches where I love them and stretches where I can't stand them. But as I have gotten older and they keep sticking around I have to appreciate that they can still bang out songs that are fun to listen to. They disappeared for so long the last 6 years and then just dropped 2 double albums in the last what, 6 months? They are not perfect albums but there are some fantastic tracks on both and the fact that these guys are almost in their 60s is hella inspiring. The one they put out this week isn't as good as the one earlier this year, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

On 10/16/2022 at 12:25 PM, JiFapono said:

Which makes me wonder, since you're into all this post punk/emo stuff - did you dig or listen to any of the bands from the 90's that headlined the Vans Warp tour series and revitalized punk before these dweebs took over and ruined it?  ie; NOFX, Pennywise, Rancid, Lagwagon, Unwritten Law, Face to Face, No Use for a Name, Dropkicks, L7, Reel Big Fish,...Offspring and Green Day were a part before they went Pop.   Some of the 80's guys were still kicking too; Social D, Bad Religion, Descendants, Misfits, etc.

Saw L7 for the first time in 30 years in NYC a couple of weeks ago, the Bricks are Heavy 30th anniversary show. They were great.

On 10/16/2022 at 12:25 PM, JiFapono said:

Which makes me wonder, since you're into all this post punk/emo stuff - did you dig or listen to any of the bands from the 90's that headlined the Vans Warp tour series and revitalized punk before these dweebs took over and ruined it?  ie; NOFX, Pennywise, Rancid, Lagwagon, Unwritten Law, Face to Face, No Use for a Name, Dropkicks, L7, Reel Big Fish,...Offspring and Green Day were a part before they went Pop.   Some of the 80's guys were still kicking too; Social D, Bad Religion, Descendants, Misfits, etc.

Saw L7 for the first time in 30 years a couple of weeks ago, the Bricks are Heavy 30th anniversary show. They were great.

• Upvote 1