What are u listening to right now?

7 minutes ago, undertow said:

I've seen Mastadon a few times opening for Tool and Opeth....big fan but not the greatest live band.

I thought they were good, but also first time seeing them. They're from Gwinnett County specifically, where the show was, so maybe they were on their A Game, lol. 

Definitely a Ghost crowd but they were behind Mastodon the whole time too, obviously. Should mention they had a touring keyboard player with them as well. Maybe that helped.

So Mrs Cat and I might just start going to concerts again after all this time. This band named Spafford is coming around to some local clubs.  anyone know them?

In this one, I instantlyfelt like I was at a Dead show, probably the reggae therein:

And I hear so much Grateful Dead and Allman Bros. in this.  Like it:

On 9/13/2022 at 1:15 PM, Dcat said:

So Mrs Cat and I might just start going to concerts again after all this time. This band named Spafford is coming around to some local clubs.  anyone know them?

In this one, I instantlyfelt like I was at a Dead show, probably the reggae therein:

And I hear so much Grateful Dead and Allman Bros. in this.  Like it:

Jam band-ish vibe to them, not bad, I'm sure it's fun live.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

One of the most underrated artists from that era.   I play this one at least once/week just for the synth riff.  I love his voice.

The production of song, some decisions are just perfect , small decisions that just have a great effect.

The back ground vocals in 'No one is to blame' do just a fanatic thing, female background vocals, same level for the chorus, then on the last one they rise in pitch to how do i say this, a sense of urgency.  Just something small that perfectly fits the song.

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The production of song, some decisions are just perfect , small decisions that just have a great effect.

The back ground vocals in 'No one is to blame' do just a fanatic thing, female background vocals, same level for the chorus, then on the last one they rise in pitch to how do i say this, a sense of urgency.  Just something small that perfectly fits the song.

Absolutely.  Every aspect of that song is on pointe.  Jones is a gifted songwriter.  People who can you write that main melody line become successful.

After playing your post, we went to our Howard Jones stash and it's playing as I type.  Thanks, Beerfish.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Any Mars Volta fans in here?

They're a little too out there for my taste and a hard listen and I like out there.  For some they just doesnt catch my ear though I do appreciate what they do and think they do it very well if that's a sound you can listen to often, just not for me.