Who will be the Jets Starting RB on opening day?

JetsFanMimi12

Who is it going to be?

Ive heard so many rumors about people like Duckett, Dillon, Betts, Brown, and even Peterson....

Who is going to start?

I think Leon is with a vet as Backup...idk

March 04, 2007

Oh, Henry!

By Tom Rock

Scratch Smoot off the list.

Free agent Fred Smoot, one of the players the Jets might have been eyeing for their cornerback issues, has signed with the Redskins according to some reports. Five years, $25 mil. That

Rhodes is a product of the Manning system in Indy. Take away those spread out fields and he's another Blaylock or Barlow.

Ok, maybe not that bad.

Rhodes' (5'9/208) season yielded 3.6ypc on the Peyton Manning Colts. We're trying to upgrade from similarly-sized Leon (5'9/203) who averaged 4.3ypc on the Chad Pennington Jets, and this is the answer? Is this a joke?

Rhodes' (5'9/208) season yielded 3.6ypc on the Peyton Manning Colts. We're trying to upgrade from similarly-sized Leon (5'9/203) who averaged 4.3ypc on the Chad Pennington Jets, and this is the answer? Is this a joke?
Maybe these past few days have been a joke on us jet fans... ha ha?

If we went out & gave a $50M contract for Leonard Davis, Derrick Dockery, or Eric Steinbach, I'd be livid.

Well I'd agree with you on that. But there has to be some kind of happy medium between doing nothing and overpaying for crap right?

here's my theory;

The Jets haven't been making any moves because they're not real interested in any of the "big names" out there.They knew who was getting released and who was coming out to BE free agents.In fact Mangini (as reported by ARod) wasn't even in town until today.This tells me that the Thomas' and Porters of the FA world were never in their plans anyway.

I'd be happy right now with Bowens,Banta-Cain and Dillon

Well I'd agree with you on that. But there has to be some kind of happy medium between doing nothing and overpaying for crap right?

Not thus far in free agency:

Shiancoe $5M/yr

Ahman Green $6M/yr

Adalius Thomas $7M/yr through age 35. In years 4 & 5 (at age 34-35) Adalius Thomas will count $12M and $13M (or NE has to absorb a $5M donut to release him after year 3). Not to mention, we would have had to exceed that by plenty b/c he WANTED to go to NE. I think the guy is VERY good - you're making it out like he's Lawrence Taylor.

Eric Steinbach $7M/yr

Derrick Dockery $7M/yr

Leonard Davis $7M/yr

Nate Clements $10M/yr

McIntosh 6 years and who knows how many millions they overpaid, since $1M/yr is overpaying for him

London Fletcher $5M/yr until age 37

Wes Welker $5-6M/yr

We gave Cotchery (turns 25 in June) $4M/yr; $1M/yr more than a non-probowl 27 yo fullback, and $400K/yr more than Dennis Northcutt.

If this is what it costs to add aging (or aging very soon) above-average players, good but not marquis players, mediocre players, & complete garbage, I'm glad we're sitting this out.

Archived