Jets waive Ray, Henry and Norman

The New York Jets announced Thursday that quarterback Ricky Ray, running back Leonard Henry, and tight end Joshua Norman have been waived. The announcements were made by Jets

i think it is a mistake to release Ricky. If Chad isn't good to go and IF Jay gets hurt... i dont think we want brooks in there. He just doesnt impress me. Yes last year when he went in for QC, he didnt fall apart... but i dont think that is a ringing endorsement. Not happy about this.

i think it is a mistake to release Ricky. If Chad isn't good to go and IF Jay gets hurt... i dont think we want brooks in there. He just doesnt impress me. Yes last year when he went in for QC, he didnt fall apart... but i dont think that is a ringing endorsement. Not happy about this.

Knowing the Jets, they'll go out and sign some washed-up, highly over rated, useless QB like Doug Flutie.

Same Old Jets.

Knowing the Jets, they'll go out and sign some washed-up, highly over rated, useless QB like Doug Flutie.

did you just slam your own team?? :shock: sick!!! that is just sick!!! you have gone to far now! You must be getting delirious!!

i want the old un-funny noodle-arm TX back!!! :lol: who has taken TX and replaced him with someone funny?? he is a pod person!!!

i think theyll let dearth go too, isnt dreesen a long snapper too...

^^^^

LOL :lol::lol:

I'm not surprised at all with these cuts.

Could we possibly carry 4 tight ends on the roster this season (Jolley, Baker, Dreesen and Dearth) :shock:

Thats odd.

A rookie long snapper??

NO THANKS :x

You keep Dearth and PS Dressen if you have to.........you don't start a rookie long snapper, ON TOP of having a rookie kicker!

Thats just asking for a disaster. [-X

doesnt jolly long snap too....i thought i read that somewhere...im probably wrong though

A rookie long snapper??

NO THANKS :x

You keep Dearth and PS Dressen if you have to.........you don't start a rookie long snapper, ON TOP of having a rookie kicker!

Thats just asking for a disaster. [-X

Please.

These rookies are being asked to do what they have done all throughout their HS and college careers, not to complete brain surgery.

If they can't do their jobs, then why are they on the team?

Hell, and any kicker that was drafted in the 2nd round is probably capable of splitting the uprights if the snap was rolled back to the holder.

So don't worry. :wink:

We can't afford to stash Dreesen on the practice squad and have someone else snatch him up. Dearth should make the team as the long snapper and we can carry four tight ends because Heimerdinger's offense isn't exactly fullback friendly. The roster spot for Dearth can be the waste of one that we are currently using for BJ Askew.

Anyway, I don't like Ricky Ray getting cut either. He's better than Bollinger, IMO, and the only reason Brooks still has a job is because he was a draft pick.

Dressen could be our starting fullback for all we know.

He sure as hell offers more as a recieving threat than Jerald Sowell.

Did you see the lions rookie long snapper?

Literally COST THEM THE GAME WITH A BOTCHED SNAP ON A PAT AT THE END OF THE 4TH QUARTER! :oops:

These moves are probably at the request of the players involved. Henry is probably not beating out Houston because he is a draft pick. Ditto Norman with Dreesen. And Ricky Ray has a slim chance of making team and no chance of earning any meaningful minutes. The team is high on Brooks and there are two established veterans ahead of him.

These moves are probably at the request of the players involved. Henry is probably not beating out Houston because he is a draft pick. Ditto Norman with Dreesen. And Ricky Ray has a slim chance of making team and no chance of earning any meaningful minutes. The team is high on Brooks and there are two established veterans ahead of him.

They apparently aren't as high on Bollinger as everyone thinks, otherwise Jay Fielder wouldn't have a five year contract.

Respectfully disagree. Bollinger earned my respect during the Arizona game last season, I think he has what it takes to be a good starting QB.

Arod, do you think Dinger will take him out on obvious passing downs like they did at Wisconsin?

The Troll

They apparently aren't as high on Bollinger as everyone thinks, otherwise Jay Fielder wouldn't have a five year contract.

and......Kevin Eakins lit it up in Europe last week-Herm said they may carry 4 TE's this year

Bolli is a pretty decent backup and has progressed every year. Sometimes it takes a qb 5 years to develop in the NFL, not a luxuray many of them have now. Dont reas too much into fiedler the money is not guarenteed and thge yhears are to spread the signing bonus over.

BollyBlows he did not lead jets to 1 single point vs AZ!!!

Don't forget that Hackass was calling the plays and was so scared of mistakes that he went into his ultra conservative, pull the drawstring tight on his butthole, go into into the fetal position, shell. (See Testaverde circa 2003).

But that's old news, all hail the Dinger!!

Don't forget that Hackass was calling the plays and was so scared of mistakes that he went into his ultra conservative, pull the drawstring tight on his butthole, go into into the fetal position, shell. (See Testaverde circa 2003).

But that's old news, all hail the Dinger!!

No, Hackett was the perfect offensive coordinator for Brooks Bollinger. The only way Bollinger could possibly be successful is if he's in an ultra-conservative offense that won't require him to make any throw that Alk couldn't make.

Arod, do you think Dinger will take him out on obvious passing downs like they did at Wisconsin?

Never happened. Complete NYJ urban legend. Sorgi and BB were platooned by the quarter for a couple games in 2002 but it didn't work out. The only games that Sorgi started at Wisc. were the ones BB was injured. Prove me wrong by showing me the stats. You don't win 30 games in 4 years by sitting on passing downs.

Archived