Jets | Team re-signs Smith: MERGED

Smizzy

Jets | Team re-signs Smith

Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:24:44 -0800

The Associated Press reports agent Brian Parker said the New York Jets have re-signed OT Wade Smith to a one-year contract. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Well, we needed to after us missing out on steinback and the rest of the over priced o line. And Columbo decided to stay with the cowboys, which might actually been good for us that we didn't get into a bidding war. If we don't sign someone after june first cuts I would think we would take Blalock with our first draft pick.

Well, we needed to after us missing out on steinback and the rest of the over priced o line. And Columbo decided to stay with the cowboys, which might actually been good for us that we didn't get into a bidding war. If we don't sign someone after june first cuts I would think we would take Blalock with our first draft pick.

You wrote that backwards. If we don't take Blalock with our 1st pick we'll have to sign a June 1 cut. Draft will be before the next big round of cuts.

Very smart / good move. It looked for a while he was going to sign on in Denver but I'm glad to have him back. He stepped in at C, RG & RT last season so I'm very happy to continue to have veteran, versitiale depth kept on the line, especially on the right side.

You need someone like Smith that can fill in a couple of positions on the offensive line for versatility in case of injuries. Depth is always key.

For the right money and if he's healthy I would have liked for us to have kept Trey Teague. A VERY versitile O lineman who started for the Bills in several line positions. :cussing:

For the right money and if he's healthy I would have liked for us to have kept Trey Teague. A VERY versitile O lineman who started for the Bills in several line positions. :cussing:

if trey stayed healthy last year they might have signed him but he was invisible

:wtf: INVISIBLE ?? Trey broke an ankle during TC. THAT'S why he didn't play.

yeah i know, making him invisible. the guy never saw the field and the front office might have considered him a liability (injury) for this season and that might have been part of the reason they let him go.

What you think?

I understand the desire to make these mindless posts. What I don't understand is the need to start a new thread. Couldn't you just post this in the current "we signed Wade Smith" thread? Do you do this to obtain negative rep? I read in he lounge that you have a lot of pretty red bars. Also, didn't we sign Wade Smith a day or two ago? JetNation is faster than the official Jets siite. At least that's good news.

It's his only way to get his post's up. I have only seen a few of boom's posts that were actually good. But, he does have a brain cell or two. He likes the Jets.

Not enough brain cells to read five posts earlier where another Wade Smith thread was sitting. Wade Smith doesn't deserve more than one thread and BoomBoom couldn't have posted there and still raised his beloved post count. I prefer my Wade Smith news centralized for easy reference.

I understand the desire to make these mindless posts. What I don't understand is the need to start a new thread. Couldn't you just post this in the current "we signed Wade Smith" thread? Do you do this to obtain negative rep? I read in he lounge that you have a lot of pretty red bars. Also, didn't we sign Wade Smith a day or two ago? JetNation is faster than the official Jets siite. At least that's good news.

I think he needs to look at that little toolbar thats red.

Archived