Could we, Should we Trade up for Johnson

AfterBurner10

Watching ESPN this morning and they said Wash may be trading up to take Johnson, and this got me thinking.

Johnson seems like the only cant miss pick of the up comming draft, and thinking of our future with Clemens big arm, would it make sense to trade our 1st and 2nd rounders to move up to the thrid spot. Also consider the fact that it seems that with the 25th pick we MAY not get a bonnafied starter.

Is Johson worth it????

Ok Johnson seems like the only cant miss pick of the up comming draft, and thinking of our future with Clemens big arm, would it make sense to trade our 1st and 2nd rounders to move up to the thrid spot. Also consider the fact that it seems that with the 25th pick we MAY not get a bonnafied started.

Is Johson worth it????

Well, Johnson could go #1, so in order to get that pick, you'd have to trade a lot. All four of our 1st day picks (25, 59, 63, and 89) wouldn't even equal half the value of the 1st overall pick.

So, no we shouldn't. Way too many needs on defense as well as improving the offensive line to trade away four picks for one.

If you were to move up to 3, you'd still be 749 points short in draft pick trade value.

Well, Johnson could go #1, so in order to get that pick, you'd have to trade a lot. All four of our 1st day picks (25, 59, 63, and 89) wouldn't even equal half the value of the 1st overall pick.

So, no we shouldn't. Way too many needs on defense as well as improving the offensive line to trade away four picks for one.

...and with each pick he drops the frenzy to trade up amongst other teams will grow more intense.

No way is it worth it! It's never worth it to trade away an entire draft for one person. The only time where you could even have an arguement is if the team has no needs and, even then, its dangerous.

On top of that no team would want to trade that far back in the draft. It would also cost a lot more than our 1st and 2nd rounders, it would take our 1st from next year as well. The highest we could move up by trading our first 3 picks is around 15, I think.

Calvin Johnson is my favorite player in the draft and the best WR prospect I've ever seen, but that's to much to give up even for him. Doing trades like that usually ends up backfiring on the team trying to move up.

I don't think that it is worth it for the Jets to trade up to get Johnson. Sure he looks like he is going to be an impact receiver in this league but the Jets have more pressing needs. I would like to see them get possible starters on the Offensive and Defensive lines. The foundation of a team is built in the trenches and the Jets definately need to add depth in that category.

Watching ESPN this morning and they said Wash may be trading up to take Johnson, and this got me thinking.

Johnson seems like the only cant miss pick of the up comming draft, and thinking of our future with Clemens big arm, would it make sense to trade our 1st and 2nd rounders to move up to the thrid spot. Also consider the fact that it seems that with the 25th pick we MAY not get a bonnafied starter.

Is Johson worth it????

washington thought to be trading up for a wr? hahahahahahaha. it wouldn't surprise me really.

what does dan snyder know about the importance of jersey sales that rest of the league doesn't.

didn't they go wr happy last offseason?

I don't know how this rumor would happen. Washinton doesn't even have any picks except for that 1st rounder. What do they have to trade?

Portis, Taylor.

I don't think they would trade either..but they do have them...

Well, I wouldn't trade up for him. Like someone else said if we want to go w.o. their will be some that have a lot talent. Washington can do whatever they want. They always seem to screw things up. But, you never know Calvin might be the piece that brings everything together for them.

First, I think CJ is going to the Raiders so this all moot, but.....

From a draft pick standpoint we do not have the ammunition to get to #2 and get him. However, we do have the ammunition with trading Vilma and Coles. This has already been rumored (and I think has some validity) that the Jets could do something like 1.25, Vilma, Coles and maybe something a little more (like one of our seconds for their high third) for the #2 spot. Vilma and Coles provide the value to get there.

As much as people hate this trade it actually would make sense for both teams.

If the Jets trade Vilma they lose an impact player, but one that will always struggle in the 3-4. We could look at someone like Brandon Siler or possibly Buster Davis in the late second as a replacement. The Detroit Lions desparately need help at ILB and VIlma would present an all-pro presence to their team, something he may never do again with the Jets. Also consider that Vilma will likely walk in 2 years for a 4-3 defense, so getting value for him now makes some sense.

The Jets lose Coles. Coles would be an awesome slot receiver in the Martz offense and a player that Martz would covet. The Jets would replace Coles with Calvin Johnson. Calvin is a big upgrade over Coles in potential, but there is always a risk, but on paper CJ would be a big upgrade for the Jets receiving corps, and Coles is not 100% happy here.

We lose a first round pick, but we get Calvin Johnson.

With pick 25, Detroit could still upgrade their offensive line, or shore up their defense more. Detroit would turn the #2 into 3 impact players. That is a good trade for Detroit.

We would essentially be trading Coles and Vilma for Calvin Johnson. With Coles attitude and injury concerns as #1 reciever, and the fact Vilma will probably be gone in 2 years anyway and never be the same player in a 3-4, this is a good trade for the Jets. They would come away with the best player in the current draft and one of the best WR prospects ever.

If this option is open to the Jets they have to look at it hard.

Archived