The worst NFL franchises

Alk

Rank your worst NFL franchises. Listening to the radio today it just baffled me at some of the crap these teams pull.

5. Tampa Bay - How many f#cking qbs does one team need? Trade a conditional pick for a player who flat out said he would retire before playing for Tampa? It's hard to believe these guys won a Super Bowl not too long ago.

4. Houston Texans - Okay, so you trade for a qb who has never started a game in his career then sign him to a ridiculous contract BEFORE you trade away the starting qb that you already have. Then in the press conference you announce him as the new starting qb. Tell ya what, if you can get better than a 4th. round pick for Carr now I'll wipe you off of my top 5, you'll still be 6th. but what the hell.

3. Oakland - Someone within the organization just needs to assasinate Al Davis because lets face it, that senile old bastard is the devil himself and isn't going to die. Their latest brilliant move? Signing a qb who hasn't played in the NFL in 4 years.

2. Detroit Lions - Absolutely no method to their madness. What are the odds they draft another WR this year?

1. Washington Redskins - Can you name a single overpaid FA acquisition that these douchebags have made that actually worked out? I can't.

Texans - One stupid move after another. They pass up the chance to get a game-breaker in Reggie Bush last year. They sign Carr to a long extension, then they sign a career backup to a long-term $48M contract.

Lions - Drafting one bust after another. Never met an overhyped WR they didn't like.

Raiders - Crazy Al "I'm stuck in the '70s" Davis stubbornly running his franchise into the ground.

Redskins - Snyder never met an overpriced overhyped veteran he didn't like.

Cardinals - Although they're in alot better shape now with the new stadium etc. Decades of poor desicions by the Owner and FO has made this team perennial cellar-dwellers and alienated the fans.

Honorable Mentions: Bucs, Falcons, Dolphins

1. Houston Texans - dinky team with dinky looking uniforms and a dinky front office. Last year they passed up Vince Young because they were so convinced Carr was the man. This year they're gonna dump Carr for a mid-round pick. Brilliance.

2. Detroit Lions - ownership could care less about the fans. GM Matt Millen is a stupid oaf. Do these idiots seriously believe a 35 year old scrub like Jon Kitna is their QB of the future?

3. Cleveland Browns - Tim Couch, Braylon Edwards, Courtney Brown and Charlie Frye "Oh My!" Their best draft pick of the past few years is an injury prone, overrated tight end who thinks he's God's gift to football.

4. Deadskins - Snyder can't do anything right. He brings back a hall of fame coach and they still suck. Plus, he charges fans for watching practice.

5. Oakland Raiders - Just lose baby!

1) Arizona: Yeah they have some talent but as long as there is a guy name Bidwell running the team they will never do anything.

2) Detroit: The fact that Matt Millen still has a job says it all.

3) Oakland: The fact that Al Davis is still alive says it all.

4) Texans: Just get the feeling they will NEVER get it right.

5) Bengals: Yes they have talent, and a good coach but the penny pinching ways will never change. The talent though can't stay out of jail.

5B) Redskins: Until Snyder is gone the Redskins will be like the Yankees of the 80's.

I think the Fins are about to go belly up. You do not sign a DC and THEN bring in your HC. It makes no sense, and it just sets up camps, fingerpointing and deniability within the structure of the team. Add Joey Porter in there to liven up the squad with arrests at the blackjack table, the mess that is Culpepper, and you've got a recipe for a major disaster in 2007.

I think the Fins are about to go belly up. You do not sign a DC and THEN bring in your HC. It makes no sense, and it just sets up camps, fingerpointing and deniability within the structure of the team. Add Joey Porter in there to liven up the squad with arrests at the blackjack table, the mess that is Culpepper, and you've got a recipe for a major disaster in 2007.

I'm quite happy with the way things are playing out down there. Bwwahhahhhaaa

I think people think the Raiders franchise is horribile, I only think Al Davis is. If they select Russell, they should be in good shape. They have to built the offensive line and their defense is FINE.

I agree, the Raiders aren't completely hopeless. Their defense was good last year and if they draft Jamarcus Russell and use rounds 2-7 to grab guys like Aaron Sears and Manuel Ramirez to bulk up their offensive line and they could be 1-2 years away from being decent.

I guess to me the list depends on whether or not you mean all time or just recently.

All time worst:

1. Cardinals (Arizona or St. Louis) -- the last time the Cardinals were decent was the 40s. Didnt Pat Sumerall play for them then?

2. Lions -- havent gotten it right since well before the merger between AFL and NFL. What does it say about your franchise that its best player ever chose to retire when he still had several productive years ahead of him.

3. Texans/ Oilers -- I know these are two different franchises, but they were/ are both inept. The Texans recent stumbles are obvious, but when a cities pro-football claim to fame since the 60s is that it lost the game in which the single greatest comback in playoff history occured your on week ground.

4. Browns -- often close a decade or two ago, for the most part they've done nothing but stink.

Honestly I think any team that has been too or won a superbowl ever should not be mentioned in the same breath as these losers.

If this is a top 10 list, the Jets make it easily. No Super Bowl appearance let alone win in nearly 40 years, 2 AFC Championship appearances and what, 2 division titles? Until recently a history of horrendus drafts, personnel decisions and coaching moves. By Jets franchise standards the last 10 years have been great and I think we're in good hands with the Tangini team, but until they do something the Jets are on this list, period. Not top 5, but defintely in the top 10.

I thought this thread would be a good time to introduce myself to JN and offer my 2 cents for the first time. (I have been here for awhile just reading)

This is a tough thread to answer. What is the criteria?

A few of you mentioned the Washington Redskins. From a financial; perspective, they are very profitable and have no problem selling tickets.

The Raiders have won superbowls and are also very profitable.

I am sure if this questions was on a different message borad, many would say that the JETS are at the top of the list as we don't even have our own stadium.

I would say that the teams who have struggled and have had poor management in the last decade are:

1) Detroit

2) Arizona

3) San Fran

4) Texans

5) Miami

And I bet Kansas City will be added to this list next year

1. Rai-duhs. For as great as Al Davis was for the AFL he is equally inept now for the team. Mistake after mistake. Hiring an OC that had been out of the game for 10 years and running a Bed and Breakfast.

2. Lions. Not just bad, but historically inept for decades. They wasted the G.O.A.T. running back and have kept Millen around too long for some reason.

3. Texans. You draft a franchise QB and never give him OL or much supporting talent. Then you swap firsts, moving down, give the other team two second round picks and sign a QB to a 48 million dollar contract for 2 career starts and 161 career pass attempts. Have conditional trades been outlawed?

4. Cardinals. While they might be close to turning the corner, they have been bad for along time. What is the count? One playoff win in the last 60 years?

5. Jets. A team in the nation's most successful and profitable league, with a billionaire for an owner and in the country's largest market does not have their own stadium.

1. Rai-duhs. For as great as Al Davis was for the AFL he is equally inept now for the team. Mistake after mistake. Hiring an OC that had been out of the game for 10 years and running a Bed and Breakfast.

2. Lions. Not just bad, but historically inept for decades. They wasted the G.O.A.T. running back and have kept Millen around too long for some reason.

3. Texans. You draft a franchise QB and never give him OL or much supporting talent. Then you swap firsts, moving down, give the other team two second round picks and sign a QB to a 48 million dollar contract for 2 career starts and 161 career pass attempts. Have conditional trades been outlawed?

4. Cardinals. While they might be close to turning the corner, they have been bad for along time. What is the count? One playoff win in the last 60 years?

5. Jets. A team in the nation's most successful and profitable league, with a billionaire for an owner and in the country's largest market does not have their own stadium.

HEY PFSIKH

F-U :box: :box: ;)

I thought this thread would be a good time to introduce myself to JN and offer my 2 cents for the first time. (I have been here for awhile just reading)

This is a tough thread to answer. What is the criteria?

A few of you mentioned the Washington Redskins. From a financial; perspective, they are very profitable and have no problem selling tickets.

The Raiders have won superbowls and are also very profitable.

I am sure if this questions was on a different message borad, many would say that the JETS are at the top of the list as we don't even have our own stadium.

I would say that the teams who have struggled and have had poor management in the last decade are:

1) Detroit

2) Arizona

3) San Fran

4) Texans

5) Miami

And I bet Kansas City will be added to this list next year

last decade? san fran was pretty close to another superbowl appearance in 01 i think it was...The Garcia days weren't too bad for them, and I think they are really turning it around recently. I expect them to make the playoffs as either a division champ, or a wildcard. should be interesting.

I agree, the Raiders aren't completely hopeless. Their defense was good last year and if they draft Jamarcus Russell and use rounds 2-7 to grab guys like Aaron Sears and Manuel Ramirez to bulk up their offensive line and they could be 1-2 years away from being decent.

Your right. I think its their offensive line that needs the most help.

We have a change in the top 5

5. Tampa Bay - How many f#cking qbs does one team need? Trade a conditional pick for a player who flat out said he would retire before playing for Tampa? It's hard to believe these guys won a Super Bowl not too long ago.

4. Oakland - Someone within the organization just needs to assasinate Al Davis because lets face it, that senile old bastard is the devil himself and isn't going to die. Their latest brilliant move? Signing a qb who hasn't played in the NFL in 4 years.

3. Detroit Lions - Absolutely no method to their madness. What are the odds they draft another WR this year?

2. Washington Redskins - Can you name a single overpaid FA acquisition that these douchebags have made that actually worked out? I can't.

1. Houston Texans - Okay, so you trade for a qb who has never started a game in his career then sign him to a ridiculous contract BEFORE you trade away the starting qb that you already have. Then in the press conference you announce him as the new starting qb. Tell ya what, if you can get better than a 4th. round pick for Carr now I'll wipe you off of my top 5, you'll still be 6th. but what the hell. *Update* Okay, so not only did you not get a 4th. rd pick for your former 1st. rounder, YOU GOT NOTHING!! I am officially sending in my resume. My only qualifications are Madden football but could I possibly do any worse than these clowns?

All time worst:

4. Browns -- often close a decade or two ago, for the most part they've done nothing but stink.

If you are talking all time, you cannot put the Browns there. They have won four NFL titles. Only seven teams have won more league titles than them.

It makes me laugh that people think that's funny somehow. First of all, I don't see how that relates whatsoever to how good of a franchise the Jets are. And second of all, if it ain't broke don't fix it. The Jets and Giants sharing a stadium has worked fine for the last 20-odd years, no need to screw it just because some Jets-haters find it stupidly amusing.

FYI: Jim Brown was never on the Lions roster.

It makes me laugh that people think that's funny somehow. First of all, I don't see how that relates whatsoever to how good of a franchise the Jets are. And second of all, if it ain't broke don't fix it. The Jets and Giants sharing a stadium has worked fine for the last 20-odd years, no need to screw it just because some Jets-haters find it stupidly amusing.

It is sad.

First we are talking about how bad franchises are. The Jets are below average. Only, Tampa, New Orleans, Houston, Atlanta, Cincinnati and Arizona have a lower winning percentage then the Jets. The Jets are in the bottom quarter of the league.

http://www.profootballhof.com/assets/default/W-L_Start_of_2007_Final.pdf

Lastly, as I said above, you rent a stadium from another team. For a team in the most profitable sport, a billionaire owner, the self proclaimed greatest city alive to have one of their teams 'renting' a stadium is a joke.

The bottomline is the Jets are bottomfeeders.

wow, you are just about as funny as prostate cancer. so, when the jets win the division this year, are you going to find another bandwagon to jump on?

p.s.- would you like to feed off of my bottom?

Truth hurts.....I know. Have fun watching your bottom of the barrell team though.

BTW you might want to PM Max about the tossed salad. I hear he is into that big time. Good luck in your search though.

Archived