To Chad Or Not To Chad

Maxman

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The answer is yes he is capable of bringing a superbowl win to the NYJ, and he will.

Nothing he has done on the football field can lead you to believe that. It is blind homerism talking. The man is 31 and just completed his first full NFL season. He will be lucky to complete another 16 game season let alone win a super bowl.

It has been strong enough to be a starting NFL QB for 5 years now, going on 6... with 2 different coaches deciding if he plays, a handfull of OC's and even different GM's...

Let's not pretend the staff hand picked Chad. This regime was handcuffed to chad and that contract the minute they signed on.

From the article (who wrote it btw? nice job)

The problem is this: his style of play has inherently become so reliant on precision and timing that the ancillary cost of perfection has become an imperative component to winning. And perfection, over the course of a post-season run, is tough to find.

Defenses get aggressive, safety’s become even more ferocious and those same beautiful floaters that were, three weeks earlier, so perfectly placed, now become lame ducks waiting for that salivating defender to attack.

Those weaknesses that were once successfully camouflaged during regular season play transform themselves into an insurmountable roadblock once the dynamics of post-season play begin. Without the arm strength to throw his way out of trouble, perfection becomes a necessity and, unfortunately, perfection in December is a rare commodity.

Rare commodity - its damn near impossible. There's a reason why he has never lead the Jets to victory when they've been down by 8 or more points in the last 3 yrs, save against the 2-14 49ers in 2004.

He cant get it done when the team is down and we need a score(s). Its fact. Thats the mark of a QB who simply isnt good enough.

Comeback player of the year... I know u guys like kicking chad when he's down but ya know what.. he's standing tall and it just makes some of you look.. well.... small.

Why must the Chadophiles insist we gave him a break because he came back from injury twice? As a Jets fan it is amazing to see Chad throwing footballs back there. He shouldn't be back there. His arm should be hamburger meat. He is a WARRIOR. But none of that means diddle squat.

Chad is an accurate QB. With very poor arm strength and the inability to lead us from behind with his arm. He is incapable of putting the offense on his shoulder and getting a W against a stellar Run defense.

While him being a warrior and coming back from 2 shoulder surgeries is cool and all and might land chad a couple rounds of stink finger at the retirement home....It does not make him a better QB.

All I keep hearing about is his knack for getting us into the playoffs. Even though he has **** the bed against playoff caliber defenses. It's the same bullsh*t argument the Herm loves would give us about Herm being a good coach because 3 out 5 yrs in the playoffs. Now with him gone EVERYBODY and their grandmother can see Herm for the clown he is. All it took was for him to switch teams. I will guarantee you this....The same CHADOPHILES who cherish the ground he walks on will be right behind me blasting this loser for the fraud he is once he switches uniforms.

Chad Put-Put-Pennington will never,ever,ever,ever,ever in his entire life win a Super Bowl as the STARTING QB. If he does I will tattoo his name on my balls. The whole mother-****ing thing! Does he have a middle name? find it. Ill put that on them too.

Why must the Chadophiles insist we gave him a break because he came back from injury twice? As a Jets fan it is amazing to see Chad throwing footballs back there. He shouldn't be back there. His arm should be hamburger meat. He is a WARRIOR. But none of that means diddle squat.

Chad is an accurate QB. With very poor arm strength and the inability to lead us from behind with his arm. He is incapable of putting the offense on his shoulder and getting a W against a stellar Run defense.

While him being a warrior and coming back from 2 shoulder surgeries is cool and all and might land chad a couple rounds of stink finger at the retirement home....It does not make him a better QB.

All I keep hearing about is his knack for getting us into the playoffs. Even though he has **** the bed against playoff caliber defenses. It's the same bullsh*t argument the Herm loves would give us about Herm being a good coach because 3 out 5 yrs in the playoffs. Now with him gone EVERYBODY and their grandmother can see Herm for the clown he is. All it took was for him to switch teams. I will guarantee you this....The same CHADOPHILES who cherish the ground he walks on will be right behind me blasting this loser for the fraud he is once he switches uniforms.

Chad Put-Put-Pennington will never,ever,ever,ever,ever in his entire life win a Super Bowl as the STARTING QB. If he does I will tattoo his name on my balls. The whole mother-****ing thing! Does he have a middle name? find it. Ill put that on them too.

POTW Nom.

The sad thing is that this probably isn't the first post that mentions Smizzy's balls to be nominated.

what was the vikings run defense rated last year? I could have swore we won that game.

your complaining becos chad doesn't win game when the jets are behind? I would think you would like a quarterback that gets a lead and keeps it.

as far as putting his name on your balls, thats low, how about you put tom brady's name on your balls, I think thats more deserving. chad doesn't deserve to be in a dark smelly place that get beat on all the time. he gets enough of that in giant stadium.

ANOTHER EXCELLENT REASON FOR US TO WIN THE SB THIS YEAR !!!!! :yahoo:\:D/:cheergal:

Let's not pretend the staff hand picked Chad. This regime was handcuffed to chad and that contract the minute they signed on.

What?

They had the option to cut Pennington last offseason. Instead they chose to rework his deal and keep him on board.

I still don't get this crap about him not being able to get us to the Superbowl. Chad was one of the few bright spots in our loss to the Pats in the wildcard game last year. We lost that game because our defense was constantly getting popped in the mouth all day. We couldn't stop the run and we couldn't get any pressure on Brady.

I also heard that Chad can't get it done versus a "stellar" run defense. He proved that he can last season. The Vikings had one of the best run defenses since the freaking merger and Chad ended up throwing for 339 yards and a TD.

Our running game was bad last year and we had an inconsistent defense. Yet still Chad receives all the blame?

Comeback player of the year... I know u guys like kicking chad when he's down but ya know what.. he's standing tall and it just makes some of you look.. well.... small.

Listen dude... I know he's your homeboy but comeback player of the year doesn't have jack sh!t to do with us going to a SuperBowl. Chad is courageous and most things virtuous. So was Rudy - but I don't want to depend on him to put points on the scoreboard.

What?

They had the option to cut Pennington last offseason. Instead they chose to rework his deal and keep him on board.

I still don't get this crap about him not being able to get us to the Superbowl. Chad was one of the few bright spots in our loss to the Pats in the wildcard game last year. We lost that game because our defense was constantly getting popped in the mouth all day. We couldn't stop the run and we couldn't get any pressure on Brady.

I also heard that Chad can't get it done versus a "stellar" run defense. He proved that he can last season. The Vikings had one of the best run defenses since the freaking merger and Chad ended up throwing for 339 yards and a TD.

Our running game was bad last year and we had an inconsistent defense. Yet still Chad receives all the blame?

Bingo....Chad and the Jets are 2-3 in the play-offs.....3x the JETS lost to a better team.

The answer is yes he is capable of bringing a superbowl win to the NYJ, and he will.

Any QB can take their team to the superbowl, but the question is do the Jets have the defense to help Chad when he struggles ? NO

Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Grossman all had GREAT defenses. We do not have a GREAT defense.

Arrrggghhhh!

What the hell is wrong with you people? It seems obvious to me that Tangini feels that the Jets are still in a rebuilding mode. In other words they dont expect the Jets to make it to the Super Bowl in 07. Would they take it if it came -- yes. But are they going to sell out everything to have a shot at it this year -- no. Because its just too remote a possibility right now. Tangini needs at least 3 seasons to get their ethics, players, and systems in place. You cant expect them just to dump all the old players and throw all the rookies and newer guys in to sink or swim on their own. That would be a disaster and the same people on this board bitching about Pennington would be on here bitching about how Mangini is an idiot and how much Clemens sucks.

Wake up for God's sake. If Tangini thought that Pennington was the QB of the future would they have used their #2 on a QB last season? Of course not. Now Clemens may not work out, but to expect him to take over by game one of this season is unrealistic and would probably be counter productive.

So, while your waiting on your QB of the future who do you play? Who gives you the best chance of winning the most games and establishing a winning attitude? Who gives your young QB and team the best example of work ethic, dedication and toughness? Who can you count on to lead the Jets to victory in most of the games they should win, half of the games that should be close, and one or two games they should lose?

The answer right now is Chad Pennington.

Will he still be the answer during week 6, who knows? Will he be the answer in week 12 who knows? Last year he led a young rebuilding team to the playoffs (how big do you think that was for the rookies and other young guys?). This year, as of right now, he gives the Jets the best chance to win the most games and return to the playoffs.

If he's still the starting QB in 08 or 09 then you can question the management's decision to make him the starter. Until then calm down and enjoy what could be another successful building season on the way to Jet Super Bowls and dominance of the AFCE.

sure if we have the best D in the NFL,we can win it all with Chad if not then sadly probably no.Think Ravens of 2000,Dilfer led them to a ring,Chad could if we had a D that great which we may never have.Team Clemens baby!:Nuts:

Max I know you like to bookmark things to bring up later... I think this would beat out your 10 mile run... lol

People act like Tangini didnt think Chad was there guy right now becuase we drafted a 2nd round QB... are you kidding? We had the #4 pick and could have drafted a Cutler/Leinart but didnt becuase they wanted a QB that could sit for a few years... they didnt draft Kellen to step in right away...

what was the vikings run defense rated last year? I could have swore we won that game.

your complaining becos chad doesn't win game when the jets are behind? I would think you would like a quarterback that gets a lead and keeps it.

Oh, you mean the Vikings who had the 32nd ranked pass defense in the entire league in 2006 - dead last. Congrats to Chad for a nice game there......

BTW, trying to keep a lead in every game is impossible so you need a QB who can come frome behind if your team is down score(s). Also, 17 touchdowns (with 20 turnovers as well) wouldnt put Chad in the category of a QB who will hold alot of leads, because bottom line, the Jets dont put up enough points on offense to put away teams.

What?

Yes, an incentive laden deal....

......and Chad kept coming away with FGs in the redzone when we needed touchdowns... yes other parts of the team are not SB quality up-to snuff, but neither is the QB play.....

Guy, the vikings had the 32nd ranked pass defense and they were 6-10. They arent a good defense at all. I've never heard anybody say "Chad cant beat a good run defense", its good "defense" as in entire "defense" not a D with 32nd ranked pass defense

Our running game was bad last year and we had an inconsistent defense. Yet still Chad receives all the blame

Thats BS, nobody is putting all the blame on Chad.

Both sides of the ball on the Jets need to get better, that goes w/o saying. But Chad is not good enough either.

Oh, you mean the Vikings who had the 32nd ranked pass defense in the entire league in 2006 - dead last. Congrats to Chad for a nice game there......

Your misleading people here... the reason why they had a terribly ranked pass defense was becuase nobody could run against them... so all teams could do is pass...

These stats are 100% for PASSING not rushing...

They were 4th in the NFL with TD's allowed (15)

They were 5th in the NFL with INT's made (21)

They were 15th in the NFL for YPA (6.38)

They were only ranked poorly becuase they were dead last in completions and attempts, which was because nobody could run against them.

Your misleading people here... the reason why they had a terribly ranked pass defense was becuase nobody could run against them... so all teams could do is pass...

These stats are 100% for PASSING not rushing...

They were 4th in the NFL with TD's allowed (15)

They were 5th in the NFL with INT's made (21)

They were 15th in the NFL for YPA (6.38)

They were only ranked poorly becuase they were dead last in completions and attempts, which was because nobody could run against them.

Then explain why they got torn up vs the pass.....

Sorry but being a top rush defense doesnt mean you'll have the #32 pass defense.

Ask any vikings fan, and they will tell you their pass defense is horrible. Their pass defense was so bad it made their rush defense look better than it really was, you have got it opposite ecurb.

Then explain why they got torn up vs the pass.....

Sorry but being a top rush defense doesnt mean you'll have the #32 pass defense.

Ask any vikings fan, and they will tell you their pass defense is horrible. Their pass defense was so bad it made their rush defense look better than it really was, you have got it opposite ecurb.

They were 4th in the NFL for TDs allowed... thats not a horrible pass defense... nobody scored on them...

They were 4th in the NFL for TDs allowed... thats not a horrible pass defense... nobody scored on them...

Yeah. You might also want to throw into the thought process that the Vikings pass defense was dead last in yards given up with 238.6 allowing the Jets to get in range to kick 4 field goals. Also Houstons rushing touchdown. But Chad's single passing TD won the game for us - no doubt about it.

So TDs allowed makes them a good pass defense? lol

How about the fact that they gave up more yards vs the pass than any other team in the league? #-o

You people want to put a feather in Chads cap for having a good game vs the vikings when you shouldnt be. The vikings had the worst pass defense in the entire league, they went 6-10 and are picking in the top 10 in the draft for a reason - they suck. You shouldnt hang a star on Chad for his performance vs the vikings (it wasnt all that special either) because it should be expected of a 7 yr vet to go out and have a good game vs the worst pass defense in the entire league.

Keepin' it real!

Archived