I will big the Big toe and predict

afosomf

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the sad part is i want janks to win and get their royal arses handed to them

by our Mets, i hate the sux

Just do not think Janks pitching is good enuff to make playoffs, cashman better get Roger real quick before it is too late.

tock..tock...tock...tock....tock

the sad part is i want janks to win and get their royal arses handed to them

by our Mets, i hate the sux

Just do not think Janks pitching is good enuff to make playoffs, cashman better get Roger real quick before it is too late.

tock..tock...tock...tock....tock

good point,,

will Roger want to come to a team 10 games out?

Probably not. Would Roger Dodger want to come to a Yankee team that is managed by someone other than Joe Torre? Definately not.

I could actually see Roger making his swan song i nBoston now. Roger has always been about , well, Roger. He sees Boston as maybe his best bet to get in playoffs and at same time, put closure to his career.

• 2 weeks later...

As a Yankee fan, I'm not liking this season at all.The problem is pitching and it's continual mismanagement under Torre.

I'm at a loss why Hughes and Desalvo weren't here from Day 1.Guys can pitch or they can't. These guys can pitch, and instead we probably lost 10 games in the standings. Desalvo doesn't blow anyone away, but the guy can pitch.Did Torre or anyone scout this, or was April just extended spring training?

I don't see Clemens as anything more than a decent 6-inning starter.Torre is still wearing out this bullpen again.So having a 6-inning starter does little more than expose that guranteed every 5th day.

The "braintrust" which pissed away the first month and half with this stupidty should be a fired, which I guess is another reason Clemens is here. Cashman and Torre have pushed all of Stenbrenner's money into the center of the table with Clemens. Either it works or they're fired.

Whiel it's not the reason this team stinks, that anyone thought a bench of Miggy Cabrera, Willi Nieves and Doug MInkiwiecz would cut it with this level of payroll is scary.

As a Yankee fan, I'm not liking this season at all.The problem is pitching and it's continual mismanagement under Torre.

I'm at a loss why Hughes and Desalvo weren't here from Day 1.Guys can pitch or they can't. These guys can pitch, and instead we probably lost 10 games in the standings. Desalvo doesn't blow anyone away, but the guy can pitch.Did Torre or anyone scout this, or was April just extended spring training?

I don't see Clemens as anything more than a decent 6-inning starter.Torre is still wearing out this bullpen again.So having a 6-inning starter does little more than expose that guranteed every 5th day.

The "braintrust" which pissed away the first month and half with this stupidty should be a fired, which I guess is another reason Clemens is here. Cashman and Torre have pushed all of Stenbrenner's money into the center of the table with Clemens. Either it works or they're fired.

Whiel it's not the reason this team stinks, that anyone thought a bench of Miggy Cabrera, Willi Nieves and Doug MInkiwiecz would cut it with this level of payroll is scary.

concur

i was really hoping for a subway series...doesn't look good right now

Right now I'd start Melky or Mientkiewicz over Bobby Abreu

Hey, Assmop, I've been meaning to ask you since you started this thread - what the hell does "big the big toe" mean? That's what you say you're doing in the title.

It means that i can;t type worth a lic!!

"I will be the big toe"

• 3 weeks later...
ticks and tocks are annoying gimmicky ways to cover your ass when 80% of your predictions prove false. It also allows you to forgo any discussion as to why you feel this way. WHY do you feel the mets will do better? You think their rotation will hold up and their old guys won't slow down?

did u ever answer him assmop?

tock...tock...tock...tock....tock

Mets 34

Janks 22

The tock has made the season over very quickly for janks

BTW the mets have more talent in all areas than janks ... thus the reason for the tock.

Maine and Perez are studs and if we get anything out of Pedro...

it will be a world series appearance.

• 2 weeks later...

It's still a long season - approx. 100 games left.

But the Mets have a tough schedule ahead - Yankees, Twins, A's all coming up in the next 10 days. Yankees have, after Arizona, the Mets, Rockies and Giants. So the win totals may be very close by next weekend.

It has gotten a bit quiet in here since the Mets have lost 8 of 9. :P

Assmop's updates are less frequent, aren't they?

I think maybe I predicted that, somewhere in this forum. I'm too lazy to look.

Besides, I didn't pay the $55 for the search feature.

POTW nom

tick, tick, tick, tock.....

tock....tock....tock.....tock.....tock......tock!

Mets 36

Janks 32

Archived