The Contender

Maxman

yea you walk up the stairs on the side of the building off Mc Bride ave in Paterson. I knew Ace ..Tony was the manager for this guy Giovanni that I dated back in the 80's. Squirrelwood road

wham.jpg

I lived on Jackson Ave. just off squirrelwood for a coupla years, and was actually born on McBride ave. I fought from 1989-93, so I may actually know this dude you dated. Okay, enough reminiscing--just thought it was neat that you were aware of the places and people of which i spoke. small world and all that. :)

i never knew you could lose 8 lbs in 1 day ...

did you see the sweat pouring out of his suit...lol

SpikeTV, not too long ago, had a reality show for the UFC. They had a guy lose 24 lbs. in 1 day. Of course he didn't have to fight that night, but had 24 hours to recover.

SpikeTV, not too long ago, had a reality show for the UFC. They had a guy lose 24 lbs. in 1 day. Of course he didn't have to fight that night, but had 24 hours to recover.

That is the most extreme weight loss I have ever heard off. Damn that is brutal.

That is the most extreme weight loss I have ever heard off. Damn that is brutal.

It was all water weight. Basically he put on a sweat suit and rode a bike in a sauna alot. Like I said though, he had plenty of time to replenish the water lost. Towards the end, his partners just forced him to sit in the sauna and they wouldn't let him out.

Manfredo showed last night why he was pretty highly thought of by the other Contenders going into the show.

Cant wait for the other semi-final. 7 round fight last night and next week. Excellent.

I agree! He did a great job last night.

I really thought that Alfonso was stronger. It showed me that it is hard to predict the stronger boxer. With different styles of boxing, each boxer brings something different to the fight.

I wish it was not over so soon. I feel like the show just started.

i thought it was a great fight....7 rounds was cool too....you can see the guys wearin down a bit...manfredo fought really hard...i was hopin alphonzo was gonna win in the beginning but peter was a warrior in there,,,cant wait til next week....

If Peter wins it all I am sure they will do a Pay Per View rematch against Alphonso.

But I think Jesse is going to take the whole thing. Jesse's power will be too much for Sergio to deal with.

Jesse will have to work his way inside against Peter. If he can avoid getting hurt by Peter's jab, Jesse will win easily.

If Peter wins it all I am sure they will do a Pay Per View rematch against Alphonso.

But I think Jesse is going to take the whole thing. Jesse's power will be too much for Sergio to deal with.

Jesse will have to work his way inside against Peter. If he can avoid getting hurt by Peter's jab, Jesse will win easily.

Jesse is definitely not my favorite. I would rather see peter win.

Jesse seems arrogant to me. Although I think he acts like that as a defense mechanism since he is older and has not fought as much right before the contest as the rest of them.

You have to give alphonso credit, I have no idea how he was able to hit Manfredo as often as he did considering the size diffence. After the fight you could see the toll it took though, he was messed up, nose, jaw, eyes...tough guy.

You have to give alphonso credit, I have no idea how he was able to hit Manfredo as often as he did considering the size diffence. After the fight you could see the toll it took though, he was messed up, nose, jaw, eyes...tough guy.

I felt bad for him. Most of them took losing so hard. I give him alot of credit because he left with class. It was nice that he went to see peter and wished him luck.

His face was SWOLLEN. Big time.

What a shame that the ratings are terrible for this show. This may be the first and last season.

i read that they were doin a second season.....but your right the ratings are horrible...shame too, great show...i hate boxing but love this show..

I love the show and still watch it religiously.

Peter Manfredo is the most talented boxer there. He seemed to have a big confidence problem, especially after Alfonso beat him, but now he is back on track.

Manfredo will win this thing...

Oh, btw, there is a poll going on for favorite boxers you'd like to see return. Seems like the two that get the most votes gets to come back and face off against one another.

I bet Alfonso returns. It was hard to see him fight Peter, because I liked them both.

Alfonso will be a star.

Archived