Whatever happened to ?

How about Mickey "Mick the Quick" Rivers?

Ah, one of my all-time favorites.

Loved the way he walked like he had a bat stuck up his ass, and his interviews with the media were classics.

I heard he opened a Zen shop with Bill Lee somewhere in the mountains of Vermont.

Here is where you can find all the doings of "Mick the quick"

http://www.mickeyrivers.com/

Some classic Rivers quotes.

"No wonder you're all mixed up. You got a white man's first name, a Spanish man's second name and a black man's third name."

-Mickey made this comment to Reginald Martinez Jackson in July of 1977

"He's so ugly. When you walked by him, your pants wrinkle. He made fly balls curve foul."

-Mickey Rivers on former Major Leaguer Danny Napoleon's looks

"The first thing you do when you get out to center field is put up your finger and check the wind-chill factor."

-Mickey Rivers

"I was brought up in Florida, so there isn't much difference between playing there and playing here. The climax are about the same."

-Mickey Rivers on playing in Texas

"Ain't no sense worrying: If you have no control over something, ain't no sense worrying about it -you have no control over it anyway. If you do have control, why worry? So either way, there ain't no sense worrying."

-Mickey Rivers

I loved him!!!!! Didn't he have a really bad gambling problem?

I think he did. I know he loved going to the track during spring training.

Ah, one of my all-time favorites.

Loved the way he walked like he had a bat stuck up his a$$, and his interviews with the media were classics.

I heard he opened a Zen shop with Bill Lee somewhere in the mountains of Vermont.

Old Mickey sure did hobble around for a guy that was so damn fast. He was one of my favorites growing up, too - loved the bat twirl. :)

As for Mick and the "Space Man" Lee doing anything together - haaaahhhhh, couldn't be. :)

shawn306 - Thanks for the quotes and the link!

How about Mickey "Mick the Quick" Rivers?

Dave megget? Third down RB for N.E. and previously the Giants. Last I knew he was in trouble for an alleged rape of a hooker.

Last I heard (a year ago) he was employed as the Offensive Coordinator at American Internation College in Springfield, MA. Close enough to the Norfolk Superior Court (2 hrs or so) in Dedham where he shuttles back and forth to paternity/non-payment cases for three or four children he fathered while playing for the Pats.

Good guy, this Maggot - ooops, Meggett.... :lol:

How about this guy...

fi76.jpg

Mark Fidrych

He was actually staying at the same Hotel I was at in Turks & Caicos a couple of weeks ago, pretty cool guy, was BS'ing Baseball with everyone at the bar, still a little bit out there.

He was just big and stupid. Great defenseman = Denis Potvin.

Just what every Rangers fan wants to hear!

GGG keep you hatred for the great sports franchise Rangers and dedicated fans confined to the hockey forum.

One time prolific poster at JetNation - TomShane. Man that guy could rip off posts like no other and then he just walked away in his prime. I heard he had a traumatic experience where some little kid in a Steelers jersey gave him an ass whuppin. Now he just sits sucking his thumb in a mental institution somewhere (allegedly). Shame, he could have gone on to be the most prolific poster ever.

One time prolific poster at JetNation - TomShane. Man that guy could rip off posts like no other and then he just walked away in his prime. I heard he had a traumatic experience where some little kid in a Steelers jersey gave him an a$$ whuppin. Now he just sits sucking his thumb in a mental institution somewhere (allegedly). Shame, he could have gone on to be the most prolific poster ever.

this is driving me crazy!!! i cant remember this guy TomShane that everyone is talking about!! OY! :shock: Was he here in the beginning??? How long has he been gone???

One time prolific poster at JetNation - TomShane. Man that guy could rip off posts like no other and then he just walked away in his prime. I heard he had a traumatic experience where some little kid in a Steelers jersey gave him an a$$ whuppin. Now he just sits sucking his thumb in a mental institution somewhere (allegedly). Shame, he could have gone on to be the most prolific poster ever.

He held on too long. If you read his last 4,000 posts you will see that he should have hung them up.

The folks at JI saw this. They told him to go out peacefully and they would retire his jersey.

Tom was too arrogant. He refused and as a result our last memories of Tom will be of him at less than 100%.

Ya I'd like to know what happened to the Jets QB position since you dumped a crippled and drunken Namath on the Rams? I can't belive that Richard Todd/Tony Eason/Ken Obrien/Browning Nagle/Glenn Foley and CHAD PENNINGTON weren't the real deal. YEAH I'm talking about Pennington in the past tense because his shoulder is spaghetti and they know it. Jay Fielder time!

I'd like to know what happened to the notion of becoming a REAL Football site and getting linked to other REAL football sites?? :lol:

We were going in that general direction.

Then we read some of your posts and figured that it wasn't possible.

Archived