Random Stat

RichardSeymour

I realized that even if you include playoff numbers, Brady has never thrown more than 14 INTs in a season. The breakdown.

2001: 17 games, 510 attempts, 13 INTs

2002: 16 games, 601 attempts, 14 INTs

2003: 19 games, 643 attempts, 14 INTs

2004: 19 games, 555 attempts, 14 INTs

So I started poking around to see what precedent there is. The results are kinda impressive, though obviously completely arbitrary and don't prove anything in comparison to other QBs. Heck, note that the few guys who made it to year two are a less impressive lot than the guys who threw 15 before hitting 500 attempts.

Basically, this is just a fun stat. Nothing serious. So far I can't find anyone than Brady who made it past season 2 at 500 attempts without throwing 15 or more.

I don't include the pre-'78 QBs because that'd be unfair to them. The game was way too different then to compare the stats.

# of 500+ attempt seasons before NFL QB throws 15 or more INTs, playoffs included for both attempts and INTs.

Tom Brady: 4 so far without hitting 15.

-----------------------------------

Donovan McNabb: 1st season, 15 INTs

Joe Montana: 1st season, 16 INTs

Drew Brees: 1st season, 16 INTs

Matt Hasselbeck: 1st season, 16 INTs

Steve Young: 1st season, 17 INTs

Jake Delhomme: 1st season, 17 INTs

Kurt Warner: 1st season, 17 INTs

Steve McNair: 1st season, 17 INTs

Jim Kelly: 1st season, 17 INTs

Daunte Culpepper: 1st season, 19 INTs

Randall Cunningham: 1st season, 19 INTs

Dan Marino: 1st season, 22 INTs

Mark Brunell: 1st season, 24 INTs

Brett Favre: 1st season, 27 INTs

Drew Bledsoe: 1st season, 27 INTs

Peyton Manning: 1st season, 28 INTs

---------------------------------

Bernie Kosar: 2nd season, 17 INTs

Ken O'Brien: 2nd season, 20 INTs

Trent Green: 2nd season, 24 INTs

----------------------------------

QBs who threw over 15 INTs before a 500 attempt season

Dan Fouts, 15 INTs

John Elway, 15 INTs

Ben Roethlisberger, 16 INTs

Rich Gannon, 16 INTs

Boomer Esiason, 17 INTs

Troy Aikman, 18 INTs

Phil Simms, 19 INTs

Warren Moon, 19 INTs

Kerry Collins, 19 INTs

-----------------------------------

Invalid QBs (Haven't cracked 500 attempts or 15 INTs)

Chad Pennington

Michael Vick

Kyle Boller

QBs who retired without throwing 15 INTs, & number of 500+ attempt seasons

Erik Kramer, 1 season

Kyle Bono, 1 season

Invalid QBs (Haven't cracked 500 attempts or 15 INTs)

Chad Pennington

Michael Vick

Kyle Boller

RS, that is friggn' hilarious.

"Invalid" QB's

You are the only guy I know that can post such insightful information and still get in a jab about PennyBoy's on-field presence (or lack thereof)

=D>=D>=D>

RS, that is friggn' hilarious.

"Invalid" QB's

You are the only guy I know that can post such insightful information and still get in a jab about PennyBoy's on-field presence (or lack thereof)

=D>=D>=D>

How can you get 500 attempts when you have a OC

whose main Goal was to Pad his Main Mans Rushing

stats?? [-X

I realized that even if you include playoff numbers, Brady has never thrown more than 14 INTs in a season. The breakdown.

2001: 17 games, 510 attempts, 13 INTs

2002: 16 games, 601 attempts, 14 INTs

2003: 19 games, 643 attempts, 14 INTs

2004: 19 games, 555 attempts, 14 INTs

So I started poking around to see what precedent there is. The results are kinda impressive, though obviously completely arbitrary and don't prove anything in comparison to other QBs. Heck, note that the few guys who made it to year two are a less impressive lot than the guys who threw 15 before hitting 500 attempts.

Basically, this is just a fun stat. Nothing serious. So far I can't find anyone than Brady who made it past season 2 at 500 attempts without throwing 15 or more.

I don't include the pre-'78 QBs because that'd be unfair to them. The game was way too different then to compare the stats.

# of 500+ attempt seasons before NFL QB throws 15 or more INTs, playoffs included for both attempts and INTs.

Tom Brady: 4 so far without hitting 15.

Glad to see you were unlocked - this is good stuff. This a testament ot Charlie Weiss as much as a positive for Brady. Charlie gets the best out of his QB's.

And yet, when I think of Brady, all I can envision is that little sissy underarm flip that cost him the Dolphins game :mrgreen:

Although pretty bad, that was not Brady's worst game as a Patriot.

By far his worst game was against the Redskins in 2003. Kept throwing into double coverage the whole game. [-X

I think he had 4 picks that day.

Truly a pitiful performance.

Although pretty bad, that was not Brady's worst game as a Patriot.

By far his worst game was against the Redskins in 2003. Kept throwing into double coverage the whole game. [-X

I think he had 4 picks that day.

Truly a pitiful performance.

The overall body of work speaks pretty well for itself though =D>=D>=D>

Glad to see you were unlocked - this is good stuff. This a testament ot Charlie Weiss as much as a positive for Brady. Charlie gets the best out of his QB's.

Good stuff, RS.

Brady is better than advertised - yet still does not get the credit he deserves. I agree that Charlie got the best out of Brady. But I really think it's because, up until last year, he had no choice. Antowain Smith/Kevin Faulk? Not the greatest, you know? The short pass effectively became the running game.

Good stuff, RS.

Brady is better than advertised - yet still does not get the credit he deserves. I agree that Charlie got the best out of Brady. But I really think it's because, up until last year, he had no choice. Antowain Smith/Kevin Faulk? No the greatest, you know? The short pass effectively became the running game.

And that same short pass as the running games allows for 500+ attempts with fewer chances for INT's. Brady deserves credit, too, but Weiss was able to make Ray Lucas look like a great QB. Weiss is a guru, no two ways around it...

Archived