ONE BOLD MOVE

Green Jets & Ham

I'm not against signing Peter Boulware. But it would be a luxury move by us.

Boulware is an older player coming off an injury. He's not a fit for us. We don't play The 3-4 exclusively and we already have good young linebackers.

Ravens cut Boulware because they have moved from The 3-4 to The 4-3. Boulware can play the weakside spot in The 4-3 and be a Chad Brown like pass rusher on passing downs but he is best suited for The 3-4 as a situational edge rusher.

Doesn't exactly sound like the missing piece to a championship.

Ham, going our and trying to sign every big name FA is not BOLD at all. In fact, it's called Snyder-esque.

What would be BOLD is to allow our young guys a shot to show that they are woth the money we gave them. Seriously Ham, you go and tout Draftees as if they are the second coming but then want to put them all on the bench and take a FA replacement. Last year D Strait was considered to be a great future CB. It's now the future and all of the sudden he is worthless on our roster. He's just a career dime-back the way you guys put him down the charts. Same goes for J Miller. And what about Hobson? We all loved him when he was drafted, and he played well his rookie season. He also did a hell of a job in coverage last year before he got hurt. Now we want to replace him too?

Why bother drafting players at all??

Ham, going our and trying to sign every big name FA is not BOLD at all. In fact, it's called Snyder-esque.

What would be BOLD is to allow our young guys a shot to show that they are woth the money we gave them. Seriously Ham, you go and tout Draftees as if they are the second coming but then want to put them all on the bench and take a FA replacement. Last year D Strait was considered to be a great future CB. It's now the future and all of the sudden he is worthless on our roster. He's just a career dime-back the way you guys put him down the charts. Same goes for J Miller. And what about Hobson? We all loved him when he was drafted, and he played well his rookie season. He also did a hell of a job in coverage last year before he got hurt. Now we want to replace him too?

i agree with you boozer. the d has a great core of young talent. TB has managed the cap pretty well since recovering from parcell's mess. why spend big $ on a 30+ vet coming off a major injury - reminds of the cowart signing. let's give the young guys a chance to develop and keep the cap in check.

BLASPHEMY!! May someone take CONSIDERABLE LIBERTIES!! on your rectum.

This team NEVER signs big free agents boozer. Signing 1 big name player doesn't make us the redskins! :roll::D

People act like Boulware is just a 3-4 OLB............HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This guy is 1 of the best 4-3 STRONG SIDE LINEBACKERS IN THE GAME~~!!!

It's great to have alot of young, fresh players that will be their for you in the future, but this isn't 1970, players come and go before the wink of an eye no matter how good they are.

Bradway needs to think outside his box and pick up this veteran player. Each team needs a veteran, you can't expect to seriously win in the NFL with a bunch of 26 and under players on defense. You need leadership and experience. The 1 thing this defense lacks is that crafty veteran with years of experience.

Peter Boulware would give us the best defense in the league, and he'd add a strong presence on and off the field.

Great points Booz.

The Jets are in a good position to sign him.

Not as a starter if he is looking to get to the 6 million he was scheduled to make. However, if he comes in for a nice cap friendly contract, it might be nice to have a vet of his caliber to help mold the young Jets' LBers and to come off the bench.

As you said, the Jets have nice young nucleus and there is no need to intefere with it, but if Boulware can come in in the right frame of my mind (i.e. he is coming off the bench) and for cheap, it might be a nice pick-up.

So if we sign one player that could make our defense the best in the entire league, we turn into the Redskins? That is utterly ridiculous. The total lack of balls is why we haven't held up that trophy in 36 years.

Teams that are possibly on the cusp of greatness do not sign Lance Legree and trade for Doug Jolley to put them over the top. Peter Boulware can turn this team from a dark horse to a bonafide Super Bowl contender. This Jets team has gotten no better, overall, than it was last season. We came within a field goal of the AFC Championship game last season, so YES, it is logical to say we may be a missing link away. Lance Legree, Barry Gardner, or Derrick Blaylock ain't it. So you are telling me that's the best we can do, because we aren't the Redskins? Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and **** the prom queen.

So if we sign one player that could make our defense the best in the entire league, we turn into the Redskins? That is utterly ridiculous. The total lack of balls is why we haven't held up that trophy in 36 years.

Teams that are possibly on the cusp of greatness do not sign Lance Legree and trade for Doug Jolley to put them over the top. Peter Boulware can turn this team from a dark horse to a bonafide Super Bowl contender. This Jets team has gotten no better, overall, than it was last season. We came within a field goal of the AFC Championship game last season, so YES, it is logical to say we may be a missing link away. Lance Legree, Barry Gardner, or Derrick Blaylock ain't it. So you are telling me that's the best we can do, because we aren't the Redskins? Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and F#ck the prom queen.

Great assessment.

People scoffed when the Pats signed Harrison. A old, broken down and slow safety. After Bruschi, he is the heart of the defense.

Teams that are possibly on the cusp of greatness do not sign Lance Legree and trade for Doug Jolley to put them over the top. Peter Boulware can turn this team from a dark horse to a bonafide Super Bowl contender. This Jets team has gotten no better, overall, than it was last season. We came within a field goal of the AFC Championship game last season, so YES, it is logical to say we may be a missing link away. Lance Legree, Barry Gardner, or Derrick Blaylock ain't it. So you are telling me that's the best we can do, because we aren't the Redskins? Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and F#ck the prom queen.

I nominate this for post of the day! =D>=D>=D>

I agree Boozer! Plus Boulware is 31 coming off

Knee Surgery and has Turf toe to boot!! Can you

say a older Sam Cowart?? Pass...I like our young

Squad thank you :wink: !!

Teams that are possibly on the cusp of greatness do not sign Lance Legree and trade for Doug Jolley to put them over the top. Peter Boulware can turn this team from a dark horse to a bonafide Super Bowl contender. This Jets team has gotten no better, overall, than it was last season. We came within a field goal of the AFC Championship game last season, so YES, it is logical to say we may be a missing link away. Lance Legree, Barry Gardner, or Derrick Blaylock ain't it. So you are telling me that's the best we can do, because we aren't the Redskins?

Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and F#ck the prom queen.

That might be my ALL TIME favorite post =D>

And Savage, Peter Boulware is 30 ... won't be 31 till the end of the 2005 season 8)

Mr. Boulware would bring that same attitude that Eric Barton brought with him last year - the swagger, the tough football player, the guy looking to take your lunch money and kiss you mom. I like Hobson and Brown, but I think they both might be a little too nice. I want bonafided nasty SOB's ( or fast, not afraid to hit intelligent types ) as my linebackers. We already have the fast, intelligent type in Vilma ( who like to hit, too, of course ), so another hard-nosed, sh!t talking, big time hitter sounds good to me. Plus he might be able to demonstrate for JAbe how to play a little nicked up when it counts. If you can get PB for a reasonable price you have to do it- period. Time for Donnie Defense to get on the horn me thinks...

Archived