New Link Exchange ~ Patsfans.com

Maxman

Your right, but the Patriot Nation has some affinity for him. Much like some jets' fans have for Chrebet I imagine.

Drafted in the 8th round, cut, came back and made the team as a special teams player and then from 2000-2002, he was an awesome receiver and had many key plays on special teams.

Troy was great for the Patriots. Hall of Fame great? No, but he deserves a spot in the Patriots' Hall of Fame.

Ok that's fair..Troy did come up big when it

counted in the Playoffs something Martin don't do..

And stat wise Wayne was better then Al Toon!! =D>

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You Guys are Nuts??? Troy was great for the

Pats?? He had 2 maybe 3 good seasons..Compared

to him as a W/R Martin looks like Jim Brown!Ugg I

have to go wash my Mouth out with extra strength

Listerine..Hey that reminds me..Did you know they

used to use Lysol for....

Troy Browns Career stats..

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1253

Lysol+Ad.gif

In the '50's it was shaking a bottle of Coca-Cola and popping it open......!

If it wasn't for Trow Brown they DEFINITELY would not have won their first SB. If it wasn't for Brown's KEY first down catch in the final frive against the Panthers, they PROBABLY WOULD NOT have won their second SB (remember, Panthers would have gotten the ball and the Pats had no safeties left). If it weren't for Troy taking one for the TEAM (playing O, D and ST), they MAY not have won their third SB.

This player has done EVERYTHING asked of him on the field and off the field. He is a symbol of how ALL the Pats receivers should conduct themselves. Players like that should get special treatment BECAUSE THEY ARE SPECIAL. There are only two other players that I can think of that match Troy's heart -Tedy Bruschi and Tom Brady.

So, all you Troy Brown haters (yah, that includes you, Alk) can stick it in your pipes and smoke it.

And, please, please DO NOT compare Wayne Chrebet to Troy Brown. Not even close... [-X

If it wasn't for Trow Brown they DEFINITELY would not have won their first SB. If it wasn't for Brown's KEY first down catch in the final frive against the Panthers, they PROBABLY WOULD NOT have won their second SB (remember, Panthers would have gotten the ball and the Pats had no safeties left). If it weren't for Troy taking one for the TEAM (playing O, D and ST), they MAY not have won their third SB.

This player has done EVERYTHING asked of him on the field and off the field. He is a symbol of how ALL the Pats receivers should conduct themselves. Players like that should get special treatment BECAUSE THEY ARE SPECIAL. There are only two other players that I can think of that match Troy's heart -Tedy Bruschi and Tom Brady.

So, all you Troy Brown haters (yah, that includes you, Alk) can stick it in your pipes and smoke it.

And, please, please DO NOT compare Wayne Chrebet to Troy Brown. Not even close... [-X

Garb...if it was not for Troy's Brown's offensive pass inteference on the last drive against the Panthers...... :wink:

...please :roll: He made up for it - and if I recall, was playing with a broken nose!

Read an interesting tidbit in the Globe today. Something about Flutie Flake being picked-up because he's needed for the "scout" team - seeing that the Pats schedule this year has them playing a lot of scramblng type QB's - Vick, for one. Interesting....although Davey scrambles. I think Davey is just a dumb-a@@ and may not even be with the team come September.

That's like the morons who say if it wasn't for Adam Vinatieri, we never would have won those three super bowls. That's esentially saying that no other kicker in the entire league could make those kicks. You're telling me that we didn't have another receiver that could have made those catches? I don't have anything against Brown, he had a great career with us but it just makes no practical sense to bring him back at this point other than to appease those fans that just have a real hard time letting go.

Don't misunderstand me. I love Troy Brown the football player! But, He has slowed and the money can be better spent elsewhere. There is no room for sentimentality in todays NFL. The gap between a Champion and an 8-8 team isn't really that wide. A bit O' luck, the right bounce of the ball, a timely pick. Small events can really change the outcome of a game! Youth , speed and smarts! :)

Don't misunderstand me. I love Troy Brown the football player! But, He has slowed and the money can be better spent elsewhere. There is no room for sentimentality in todays NFL. The gap between a Champion and an 8-8 team isn't really that wide. A bit O' luck, the right bounce of the ball, a timely pick. Small events can really change the outcome of a game! Youth , speed and smarts! :)

Troy Brown has a knack for making the right play at the right time. Talk about football smarts! Troy Brown is all about "small events" that can change the course of a game.

You people are robots. Troy Brown brings more to the table than you can imagine. And - honestly, although I like Bethel - he still doesn't get the offense??? Runs wrong routes at the most inopportune times? Sure - he's one of the speediest guys on the planet - and I think dumb as a rock. I'll take smarts over speed, thank you.

please DO NOT compare Wayne Chrebet to Troy Brown. Not even close... [-X

Why would anybody do something like that, Brown couldn't carry Wayne's jockstrap. I'm glad that even you can see that through your Patriot shades.

Wait, wait, wait.........Seymore said he was worth a 2nd rounder

Can't be true :shock:

I think the Pats would have a better chance of trading him for one Large Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla Coffee. Serioulsy, a second? He must have been drunk when he posted that.

Troy Brown has a knack for making the right play at the right time. Talk about football smarts! Troy Brown is all about "small events" that can change the course of a game.

You people are robots. Troy Brown brings more to the table than you can imagine. And - honestly, although I like Bethel - he still doesn't get the offense??? Runs wrong routes at the most inopportune times? Sure - he's one of the speediest guys on the planet - and I think dumb as a rock. I'll take smarts over speed, thank you.

The problem with Bethel I believe is immaturity.Nevertheless,

Bethel has also made some clutch plays receiving and returning. I certainly cannot dispute Troy Brown's playmaking abilities! Why not have speed and smarts?

Well Garb is right not to Compare Brown to

Chrebet..Wayne blows him away..And Brown has

2 more years in playing Time! :lol:

Wayne 41 TD's Total Yd's rec 7212 YPC 12.8

Brown 25 TD's Total Yd's rec 5560 YPC 11.6

Wayne Chrebet returned punts? Wayne Crebet made plays that propelled its team to the SB? Must have missed that. :roll: Wayne Chebet is a speck of pooh on the bottom of the sea compared to Troy Brown.

Wayne Chrebet returned punts? Wayne Crebet made plays that propelled its team to the SB? Must have missed that. :roll: Wayne Chebet is a speck of pooh on the bottom of the sea compared to Troy Brown.

Garb take a deep breath and let him Go..Kidding

aside he has been a excellent player for the Pats

the last few years and has filled in at DB and been

a great Soldier..But it's time to say Goodbye!! The

NFL is a young Mans Game!! :wink:

Uhh, maybe the rest of the team had something to do with the Pats going to the SB. Unless Brown was a one man team. If that's the case then he should have gotten Brady's contract. Brown better than Chrebet?? Put down the crack pipe before you hurt yourself and those around you.

Troy Brown is my favoite player - the only player jeresy I own. He's a lunch-pail guy that many said would not even make the NFL - cripes he was cut by Tuna....only to be re-signed later that year. He has worked so hard to prove his detracters wrong. I love the guys attitude. And, yes, I get emotional and - yeah, okay - a little irrational about Troy Brown. #-o

Troy Brown is my favoite player - the only player jeresy I own. He's a lunch-pail guy that many said would not even make the NFL - cripes he was cut by Tuna....only to be re-signed later that year. He has worked so hard to prove his detracters wrong. I love the guys attitude. And, yes, I get emotional and - yeah, okay - a little irrational about Troy Brown. #-o

Finally the truth comes out. Feel better now? Not that we couldn't tell all that from your signature. :lol:

Uhh, maybe the rest of the team had something to do with the Pats going to the SB. Unless Brown was a one man team. If that's the case then he should have gotten Brady's contract. Brown better than Chrebet?? Put down the crack pipe before you hurt yourself and those around you.

I suggest you got out and buy the first two Patriot SB videos - the proof is all there.... :roll:

You can have your concussion-prone Wide-out. I prefer the man that can do it all, Troy Brown.

Like Savage said, he was a good player for the Pats, but time marches on and it's over. We had to say goodbye to Mo Lewis last year. It's time for some new blood......like Doug Flutie!! =D>

Like Savage said, he was a good player for the Pats, but time marches on and it's over. We had to say goodbye to Mo Lewis last year. It's time for some new blood......like Doug Flutie!! =D>

LOW BLOW! Doug Flutie.....ugh!!! :lol:

In Garb's perfect world, Dick McPherson would still be head coach, Lawyer Milloy would still be sucking up half of our cap space while doing nothing significant. Troy Brown would be our #1 receiver even though Bill Parcells runs a faster 40 time and Steve Grogan would still be slinging the rock for us. AND WE WOULD HAVE O RINGS!! :lol:

In Garb's perfect world, d!ck McPherson would still be head coach, Lawyer Milloy would still be sucking up half of our cap space while doing nothing significant. Troy Brown would be our #1 receiver even though Bill Parcells runs a faster 40 time and Steve Grogan would still be slinging the rock for us. AND WE WOULD HAVE O RINGS!! :lol:

The thing that pisses me off about Milloy, is I got a Milloy alternate jersey two days before being cut.

In Garb's perfect world, d!ck McPherson would still be head coach, Lawyer Milloy would still be sucking up half of our cap space while doing nothing significant. Troy Brown would be our #1 receiver even though Bill Parcells runs a faster 40 time and Steve Grogan would still be slinging the rock for us. AND WE WOULD HAVE O RINGS!! :lol:

I think I like the sound of Garb's perfect world now that I think about it. Out with Pioli, in with Garb! :wink:

Archived