Former Cowboy Nate Newton- a sad story

faba

Newton said he stood to make $75K per drug dealAssociated Press

DALLAS -- Former Dallas Cowboys offensive lineman Nate Newton says his competitive nature led him into the drug business.

"I've always been competitive, I've always been in sports," said Newton, a six-time Pro Bowl offensive lineman who retired after the 2000 season. "I couldn't see myself not being the biggest dope man."

Newton, 43, was released from a Louisiana prison last year on drug possession charges after serving about 2

Hmm that sounds very familiar...signed anonymous [-o<

"I got on my knees and said, 'God, I want to make a deal. ... You protect me in here, and when I come out, I'll do everything I can to make it right,'" he said.

The sad story in the title was meant to convey that Newton is a sad case of someone wasting their life and the opportunities given to them

Okay so maybe I'm being a bit cynical but he knew the risk of dealing drugs. Not only that but after he gets busted once he gets busted again six weeks later ?

Yeah your right it is sad. Sad that he will never see the HOF. Sad that some of that dope he dealt may have been involved in some person dying.

The only problem I have with him is that he is out of jail.

Archived