The TomShane Update (Because you know you miss me)

TomShane

Hey all. I've been in hell writing papers for my Master's seminars. I finished two and have one left. For those interested, the first two were about the re-settling of the nation in Mary Rowlandson's captivity narrative (gay!) and about ekphrasis in Keats (double-gay!). The third one will suck and should take about a week, so I'll be back wasting my pathetic life making Mo Lewis-is-fat jokes soon! Stay tuned!

A few observations:

1) The Yankees are done. Forget this little dick-trip through Oakland, they are toast. Pathetic.

2) Gun N Roses is the best rock band of all time. Seriously. They aren't as artistically innovative as Zeppelin, and they aren't the pure showmen that the Stones are, but neither Zep nor the Stones can match the all-around greatness of GNR. Think about it: they may have the greatest rock anthem in history with "Welcome to the Jungle" and they have the greatest ballad in "Patience." My favorite though? "Civil War." Just awesome.

3) Paul RicoeurIsThe Devil is ME! HA! I had Max fooled for three days. Idiot.

4) The world of football is absolutely dead as far as I can tell. When the "where will Ty Law sign" topic is the top story in the game, you have no story.

5) Who the **** taught Brenda how to post pics?

6) Carlos Beltran: best player of all time.

7) Jose Reyes is officially better than Jeter.

8) The NBA is in major trouble.

9) The Raiders will be 4-12 this year. Book it.

10) I have been completely isolated from any sports media this past week and I still heard Herm Edward interviewed three times. How scary is that?

Anyway, I hope to be back soon. And yes, I know, you didn't even notice I was gone in the first place. Blow me!

You were gone? :shock:

Only the men noticed.

The women were too busy highjacking double time in your absence! :lol:

speak for yourself Thelma... i dont hijack... :lol:

anyway, Tom ...now that you have posted..i do remember who you are...and i look forward to your return :D

Hey all. I've been in hell writing papers for my Master's seminars. I finished two and have one left. For those interested, the first two were about the re-settling of the nation in Mary Rowlandson's captivity narrative (gay!) and about ekphrasis in Keats (double-gay!). The third one will suck and should take about a week, so I'll be back wasting my pathetic life making Mo Lewis-is-fat jokes soon! Stay tuned!

A few observations:

1) The Yankees are done. Forget this little d!ck-trip through Oakland, they are toast. Pathetic.

2) Gun N Roses is the best rock band of all time. Seriously. They aren't as artistically innovative as Zeppelin, and they aren't the pure showmen that the Stones are, but neither Zep nor the Stones can match the all-around greatness of GNR. Think about it: they may have the greatest rock anthem in history with "Welcome to the Jungle" and they have the greatest ballad in "Patience." My favorite though? "Civil War." Just awesome.

4) The world of football is absolutely dead as far as I can tell. When the "where will Ty Law sign" topic is the top story in the game, you have no story.

5) Who the F#ck taught Brenda how to post pics?

8) The NBA is in major trouble.

10) I have been completely isolated from any sports media this past week and I still heard Herm Edward interviewed three times. How scary is that?

Anyway, I hope to be back soon. And yes, I know, you didn't even notice I was gone in the first place. Blow me!

All hail the master(s student)!!!

My favorite G'nR song: "Paradise City", with "Civil War" a close second. Jeter is the best SS in baseball.

Good luck writing your last paper!

Yo, Tom. Good to hear from you.

1) The Yankees are done. Forget this little d!ck-trip through Oakland, they are toast. Pathetic.

Wrong, but keep hoping.

Wrong. Don't even keep hoping.

Well, duh. Did anybody NOT get that after he unbanned himself?

True dat.

5) Who the F#ck taught Brenda how to post pics?

I don't know, but he/she needs a foot up his/her ass.

Wrong. Best currently, maybe. Best on the Mess, for sure.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

The NBA is in major trouble.

There's still an NBA?

That would be sweet, but I'll hold onto my money.

What's worse is, he didn't say a thing. Did he?

Good luck on the papers, man. I hope the overwork that made you post this foolish crap passes quickly.

Well, duh. Did anybody NOT get that after he unbanned himself?

HA. He didn't unban himself. Here is the truth:

He begged me to ban his account so he could get some work done. When I told him that he could just ban himself he answered, "That admin panel is SO tricky".

When I invited him to our new test server. He responded that he didn't know his password.

This is the future of JetNation ladies and gentleman.

HA. He didn't unban himself. Here is the truth:

He begged me to ban his account so he could get some work done. When I told him that he could just ban himself he answered, "That admin panel is SO tricky".

When I invited him to our new test server. He responded that he didn't know his password.

This is the future of JetNation ladies and gentleman.

If I had any technical know-how, this would be a one-flunky show, chimpy!

MY favorite part about the whole thing was Panzer spending a week searching the web looking for the "security bug" that let Paul unban himself.

Sorry Panzer there is no such bug.

MY favorite part about the whole thing was Panzer spending a week searching the web looking for the "security bug" that let Paul unban himself.

OH BUT THERE IS! You log into the Admin panel under your admin password (which you have on autosave on your home computer) and unban the account, but you still have it read "banned" and then you come back in and mock your fellow admin. Voila!

OH BUT THERE IS! You log into the Admin panel under your admin password (which you have on autosave on your home computer) and unban the account, but you still have it read "banned" and then you come back in and mock your fellow admin. Voila!

Uh Sally we don't really have a BANNED group here. When someone gets "Banned" we just delete them.

Your Banned group is much like 124's LADIES MAN title. A made up rank.

Nice try. Good luck on your papers though. Geez.

Uh Sally we don't really have a BANNED group here. When someone gets "Banned" we just delete them.

Your Banned group is much like 124's LADIES MAN title. A made up rank.

Nice try. Good luck on your papers though. Geez.

Oh. That explains why I wasn't able to ban me. God these computers are so complex! Like women!

Yeah. I liked that part, too.

Oh. That explains why I wasn't able to ban me. God these computers are so complex! Like women!

the funny thing is women are anything but complex...we are sooo obvious...LOL just in an abstract way ;)

Is it me or has TomShane turned into a Drama Queen?

HELLO LOYAL SUBJECTS OF JET NATION.

I know I have been away for ten minutes. I realize that this has caused you much stress. Just want to let you know that I shall return to the Nation. Please wait patiently for my return. Seeing as how I am so important please do not email me looking for updates. I don't have time for you.

Is it me or has TomShane turned into a Drama Queen?

HELLO LOYAL SUBJECTS OF JET NATION.

I know I have been away for ten minutes. I realize that this has caused you much stress. Just want to let you know that I shall return to the Nation. Please wait patiently for my return. Seeing as how I am so important please do not email me looking for updates. I don't have time for you.

ALK taught me how to post a PIC...damn patsies, only thing there good for

:mrgreen:

FC0312269056.jpg

FC0312269056.jpg

Wall07.jpg

My update.....

Nana is out of the hospital and in a nursing home..SHE is much happier there.... :mrgreen:

My dad transferred to University of PA...not to good.

They posponed his surgery becasue his blood pressure was 81 over 38..IKES,,,they took too much out of him on the dialis. Looks like a stress test for his heart had been done waiting results...

Thanks to all for the pm's an prayers

My bowling has 1 week left... :cry: but boating season will be in FULL swing memorial day weekend

JETNATION party is still on for July 2nd...Rooms can be booked in advanced... being a holiday weekend! Will have the info this week.....

Looking forward to meetin everyone then!

Enjoy your day ..

Between jetnation and "the other site"...this is your best work ever.....Where the F**K is Chinese Democracy DAMMIT

Archived