CLEMENS IS A YANKEE (Merged 2X)

AFJF

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your only argument against mine is that the newspaper is lying. Do you realize how stupid you sound?

This is what i have ALWAYS SAID:

Trading Randy for a valuable player > Keeping him > Trading him for crap

Yes I know...however I'm smart enough to see that any GM who wants to keep his job will not give up any top notch prospects for a washed up 42 year old coming off of back surgery with an ERA larger than his hat size. Therefore, dumping a washed up POS who makes 17 mil for nothing is better than keeping him around to hold your team back and hurt payroll. I know from all of our discussions that you are not able to understand that. Perhaps if I were to come up with a catchy acronym and stat category for it.

perhaps....PSVP...player salary versus performance.

Randy Johnson has a PSVP of minus 17 million....(that means he's not good)

Does that help?

Yes I know...however I'm smart enough to see that any GM who wants to keep his job will not give up any top notch prospects for a washed up 42 year old coming off of back surgery with an ERA larger than his hat size. Therefore, dumping a washed up POS who makes 17 mil for nothing is better than keeping him around to hold your team back and hurt payroll. I know from all of our discussions that you are not able to understand that. Perhaps if I were to come up with a catchy acronym and stat category for it.

perhaps....PSVP...player salary versus performance.

Randy Johnson has a PSVP of minus 17 million....(that means he's not good)

Does that help?

So again you know what those trade talks were like and Joel Sherman who is one of the top sports writers in New York doesn't? LMAO

You're still an ass. And you still completely lied about what i said.

Your argument again is that the newspaper is lying.

try to grow up and lay off the personal attacks kiddo. I know you've been asked before and have a hard time with it but I just think it would be cool if you showed Max just an ounce of respect and did what he's had to ask you do to on several occassions.

try to grow up and lay off the personal attacks kiddo. I know you've been asked before and have a hard time with it but I just think it would be cool if you showed Max just an ounce of respect and did what he's had to ask you do to on several occassions.
Go report me liar. ANd keep lying about my posts thats just a great time.

So again you know what those trade talks were like and Joel Sherman who is one of the top sports writers in New York doesn't? LMAO

No Mike I don't know...and neither do you.

I do know RJ is a washed up POS...I also know that most front offices dont trade blue chip prospects for players who fit that description. I use my head and evaluate situations for myslef. I'm not like you. I don't need a book or a newspaper article to do all of my thinking for me.

Go report me liar. ANd keep lying about my posts thats just a great time.

I shouldnt' have to report you. You should just show Max a little respect. That's all I'm saying.

No Mike I don't know...and neither do you.

I do know RJ is a washed up POS...I also know that most front offices dont trade blue chip prospects for players who fit that description. I use my head and evaluate situations for myslef. I'm not like you. I don't need a book or a newspaper article to do all of my thinking for me.

Again your whole argument is that Joel Sherman is lying LOL. IE you have no argument.

Again your whole argument is that Joel Sherman is lying LOL. IE you have no argument.

and once again you show the inability of independant thought. you rely on people whose job it is to sensationalize stories to make money and you take it as gospel. You're every politicians dream come true. Don't think, just believe what I tell you.

My argument has never changed. My arguement is that your hero is washed up and dumping him for a pile of dog **** would be a steal. I've said it from day one and I stick to it now. Sorry your man is gone and the team is better off for having replaced him with nothing. Move on or become a D' back fan (please)

So because MadMike says Clemens is a #4 starter then that's what you think will be expected of him? You honestly believe that the Yankees or any team in baseball would pay a guy what Clemens is making with the expectation that he will be the #4? I don't care who he pitches before or after in the rotation..he's being brought in to pitch like an ace or a #2 at the very least. MadMike does not determine the Yankees' depth chart despite what he tells you.

I said in my post I would not expect Clemens to be anything LESS than the # 3 starter. I did not agree with what madmike said.

My argument has never changed. My arguement is that your hero is washed up and dumping him for a pile of dog **** would be a steal. I've said it from day one and I stick to it now. Sorry your man is gone and the team is better off for having replaced him with nothing. Move on or become a D' back fan (please)

Once again you lie. But why should that surprise anyone. Why don't you have a job writing for the post? You obviously have inside information than Sherman doesn't.

Part of the "salary cutting" you kept telling us about for 2007.

Yankees had to throw money at their pitching problem. Kinda funny considering all the young pitching they have.;)

Well this doesn't really effect the salary thing because it's only for one year but i felt they could've went with what they had.

I said in my post I would not expect Clemens to be anything LESS than the # 3 starter. I did not agree with what madmike said.

Cool...that was my main concern. Anyone who agrees with MadMike should move out to Waco for god sakes

Once again you lie..

I guess that since I've never lied on here that would make you a liar for calling me one wouldn't it? Again with the irony.

I do recall a thread in which you called me a liar for not correctly recalling one of your off the wall statements but in that very same thread I acknowledged the fact that I recalled it incorrectly and even tried to explain the difference between a lie and incorrectly recalling facts. I don't know that you were smart enough to digest that though so unless you can show me what it is exactly that makes me a "liar" I would ask you to stop lying and making personal attacks and grow up. If you're going to interact with grown ups, try to act like one.

Cool...that was my main concern. Anyone who agrees with MadMike should move out to Waco for god sakes

I only agreed with him to the extent that they did pay an awful lot for Clemens. Then again, since when has money been an object for the Yankees? Add to that the fact that desperate times call for desperate measures (especially where pitching is concerned), and voila, Clemens is a Yankee.

I only agreed with him to the extent that they did pay an awful lot for Clemens. Then again, since when has money been an object for the Yankees? Add to that the fact that desperate times call for desperate measures (especially where pitching is concerned), and wa-la, Clemens is a Yankee.

The word is "voila":Typotux:

I guess that since I've never lied on here that would make you a liar for calling me one wouldn't it? Again with the irony.

I do recall a thread in which you called me a liar for not correctly recalling one of your off the wall statements but in that very same thread I acknowledged the fact that I recalled it incorrectly and even tried to explain the difference between a lie and incorrectly recalling facts. I don't know that you were smart enough to digest that though so unless you can show me what it is exactly that makes me a "liar" I would ask you to stop lying and making personal attacks and grow up. If you're going to interact with grown ups, try to act like one.

ALL you do is lie about what a post to make me look bad and insult me. I'm done with you and i'm an idiot for ever trying to have a logical conversation with a piece of garbage with an agenda like you.

Keep bitching all you want haters......The Rocket is now a yankee once again, and anyone who doesn't see that as a positive move is insane.

I concur

and you don't lie. this is the last post i will ever make in response to you. i hope you die at a family function.

And the oscar for best actress in an internet drama goes to.....

Clemens still has a little bit left in the tank, but if you guys think a 40 something pitcher is going to end all your pitching woes then you all are sadly mistaken. It's gonna take more than the Rocket to get your pitching back on track.

Giving up 1 run in the last 2 games is helpful. I was kind of against signing Clemens but its pretty clear that we needed him now. Now we'll have Wang, Pettitte, Mussina, and Clemens. 4 very good starters right there and our pitching looks much better now with Clemens and a healthy rotation.

Calm down!

Yeah, in seriousness he really should. As I told him earlier I know Max has warned him about this type of stuff in the past but he really doesn't seem to give a **** what Max or anyone else has to say to him. It's cool though..I can take it.

In a way that's even worse. That you can wish death on someone WITHOUT your heart rate going up, even on an internet message board, is scary.
Have someone stalk you, lie about your posts and try at every turn to make you look stupid for month after month and see how you like it. I'm here to talk about baseball.

You're still an ass. And you still completely lied about what i said.

Your argument again is that the newspaper is lying.

If he's talking about the New York Post he's probably right.

What the New York Post is to credibility is what Manny Ramirez is to effort and hustle.

Which is to say, neither has any.

Archived