Jets Comedy Central

PatsFanTX

If anyone dethrones the Pats in the East, it won't be the Jets as long as Edwards is the coach. We'll always be 2 steps behind and 10 seconds short.

good attitude Pat.

Remember that when you have a house full next year for the Super Bowl :D

And the 2 leading morons who costed us that game are now out of town.

LaMont Jordan and Paul Can't Hackett.

Did you just say "costed" and call someone else a moron in the same sentence? I can't believe no one else pointed this out. =D>

Did you just say "costed" and call someone else a moron in the same sentence? I can't believe no one else pointed this out. =D>

Good job TRADES. When blasting others you really have to double check the post!

God damn. I defy ANY of you Herm apologists to watch this debacle and defend him after this. Not only does this tape (if it's the NFL Films version) prove that he's functionally retarded, it also proves him to be a gutless liar to boot.

Do you want me to defend him on that one game or on his entire career with the Jets.

Just want to prepare the scope. :)

BZ

The whole Jets sideline is in chaos. Everyone's talking-there's no clear chain of command. Just look at the clueless look in the eyes of clock maven Dick Curl and Herm Edwards as the clock gets wasted. Probably after watching that total fiasco, Woody Johnson burned Bradway's ears to see that we got a new OC ASAP.

Between his name and his incompetence in the one teeny tiny job he has, how does Dick Curl still have a job? He looks like Mr. Haney of "Green Acres" fame or a cartoon character come to life in this game. Drunks recruited in the tower at hafltime that afternoon would have done a better job. I'm shocked the Jets didn't ask the NFL Network to burn the master copy of this.

Again, better 2 good coordinators and a clueless harmless figurehead than a clueless figurehead who thinks he knows what he's doing and actually has a role. In 2005, Edwards may as well have music in his headset.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7880639

(article from Nov 12 2004)

Honest Herm

Why is it that every other coach in the NFL hedges and waffles like a politician when they discuss player injuries, but the Jets' Herm Edwards acts like he is taking a deposition under oath? Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio changed his tune three days in a row when discussing Byron Leftwich's knee injury. Mike Shanahan of the Broncos used to be more secretive than the Pentagon when disclosing injuries each week. Then the league slapped him on the wrist, and he decided to put every player on the injured list that had at least a shaving cut. Getting Patriots coach Bill Belichick to answer a question is hard enough, but when discussing injuries to key players he might as well send it out in smoke signals and fantasy owners should use their ouija boards to figure out what he means.

But Honest Herm is not concerned. He told reporters on a Monday that his star quarterback, Chad Pennington, would be out two to four weeks with a strained rotator cuff. On a Monday? Most team news doesn't even come out until Wednesday. Why not let the Ravens prepare for a few days before announcing it? What's even stranger is that Chad's teammates found out the extent of the injury to their leader from reporters and were very surprised since they had a meeting with Honest Herm right before that.

You would think that I would appreciate his honesty, but Herm, who is considered one of the "nice guys" in the NFL, is probably too thin-skinned and too nice a head coach to ever bring the Jets fans a Super Bowl win.

But Honest Herm is not concerned. He told reporters on a Monday that his star quarterback, Chad Pennington, would be out two to four weeks with a strained rotator cuff. On a Monday? Most team news doesn't even come out until Wednesday. Why not let the Ravens prepare for a few days before announcing it? What's even stranger is that Chad's teammates found out the extent of the injury to their leader from reporters and were very surprised since they had a meeting with Honest Herm right before that.

I love it. Herm is blasted by many for lying about the extent of Chad's injury. Then he is blasted for telling the media and essentially downplaying the severity.

I love it. Herm is blasted by many for lying about the extent of Chad's injury. Then he is blasted for telling the media and essentially downplaying the severity.

It is total crap that a HC is not forthcoming to the media about players injuries.

I would hate to root for a team that has a HC who does that.

Talk about pond scum.

It is total crap that a HC is not forthcoming to the media about players injuries.

Talk about pond scum.

It is a double standard against Herm. That is why I can't wait to air the JetNation exclusive interview so everyone can hear Herm guarantee the Championship this season.

Talk about pond scum.

Yeah, it DOES tend to screw up my fantasy football team when it's done in a Shanahan-esque fashion.

But Herm could've waited an extra day or two to announce it all the same. It kinda fell into the same category of announcing that Vinny will start & Chad will come in & relieve him...and then actually DO it. #-o

Yeah, it DOES tend to screw up my fantasy football team when it's done in a Shanahan-esque fashion.

But Herm could've waited an extra day or two to announce it all the same. It kinda fell into the same category of announcing that Vinny will start & Chad will come in & relieve him...and then actually DO it. #-o

I totally agree with you.

My post was more of a spoof on BB.

Talk about pond scum.

thats funny Tx, made me chuckle..you wouldn't do that would you.. :lol:

Talk about pond scum.

thats funny Tx, made me chuckle..you wouldn't do that would you.. :lol:

well Tx, like a fungus, youre beginning to grow on me

:lol::lol::lol:

See that 13, it only took 4 friggn' years. :shock:

BTW, what kind of darts do you shoot? I used to love playing back in the Northeast, but down here all they play are those stupid "electronic" darts.

Very tough to locate a bar down here where they play "real" darts.

well Tx, like a fungus, youre beginning to grow on me

:lol::lol::lol:

BTW, what kind of darts do you shoot? I used to love playing back in the Northeast, but down here all they play are those stupid "electronic" darts.

I play both..play in a electronic league but play steel tips also for beers at different bars...only problem with playing league steel tips is the night takes forever, electronic games don't take as long..

here is S Fla there are Irish Pubs & English Pubs everywhere so it isn't difficultr to find whatever game you prefer

I play both..play in a electronic league but play steel tips also for beers at different bars...only problem with playing league steel tips is the night takes forever, electronic games don't take as long..

here is S Fla there are Irish Pubs & English Pubs everywhere so it isn't difficultr to find whatever game you prefer

Get a room.

Get a room.

the end of the ravens game was a comedy of errors, hackett, curl, quincy, and herm. blame lies with all of them but ultimately it is herm's responsibility to make sure the right play is called. this is one of the many reasons for hacketts departure.

as far as herm as a head coach, he will continue to improve. you have to experience these things to learn from them. no matter how much you practice until you are in a game situation you don't know how you will react. herm had no HC experience b/f the jets and is learning on the job. if he makes the same mistakes in his 5th year it's time for him to go.

my guess is that w/dinger and hendu herm will be fine and the jets will have a big year.

the end of the ravens game was a comedy of errors, hackett, curl, quincy, and herm. blame lies with all of them but ultimately it is herm's responsibility to make sure the right play is called. this is one of the many reasons for hacketts departure.

as far as herm as a head coach, he will continue to improve. you have to experience these things to learn from them. no matter how much you practice until you are in a game situation you don't know how you will react. herm had no HC experience b/f the jets and is learning on the job. if he makes the same mistakes in his 5th year it's time for him to go.

my guess is that w/dinger and hendu herm will be fine and the jets will have a big year.

Archived