Priest Holmes recovery from injury going well

faba

Priest will be fine. He is in his 30's but those years in Baltimore when he didn't even get 100 carries will help him play and play well for a couple more years in his 30's then the normal back.

Priest will be fine. He is in his 30's but those years in Baltimore when he didn't even get 100 carries will help him play and play well for a couple more years in his 30's then the normal back.

Average NFL player's career: 4 years

Average NFL running back's career: 2 years.

:shock:

Preist is done. Same goes for Curtis Martin, unfortunately.

Key Word: AVERAGE.

Priest Holmes is NO average RB and either is Mr.Martin....They will both have very productive years once again.

Priest Holmes is NO average RB and either is Mr.Martin....They will both have very productive years once again.

The only reason they have had "productive" years in the past is because they have gotten a ridiculous number of carries, and as a result have been worn down. Both are amazingly durable, but that does not mean they are effective at their old ages, especially in the clutch. Neither have come through in the big games, and that goes for both and throughout their careers.

Sure, both were solid fantasy backs, but I'm not so sure of that anymore. Priest's injuries will effect him more than most will realize, and without Hackett, Curtis will not be getting 300+ carries. I would expect Heimerdinger to be including both Blaylock AND Houston in the running game.

The only reason they have had "productive" years in the past is because they have gotten a ridiculous number of carries, and as a result have been worn down. Both are amazingly durable, but that does not mean they are effective at their old ages, especially in the clutch. Neither have come through in the big games, and that goes for both and throughout their careers.

Sure, both were solid fantasy backs, but I'm not so sure of that anymore. Priest's injuries will effect him more than most will realize, and without Hackett, Curtis will not be getting 300+ carries. I would expect Heimerdinger to be including both Blaylock AND Houston in the running game.

:roll:

I HATE it when people bring up these "average player in the NFl only lasts so many years"

Average in all those players that only play 1 or 2 seasons in the NFL and get cut because they're not good enough, then take a 10 year veteran, more camp fodder, a few more seasoned vets and thats like a 4 or 5 year average

Bottom Line

Your starters in the NFL almost always stay in the league longer than 4 years!!! :roll:

I HATE it when people bring up these "average player in the NFl only lasts so many years"

Average in all those players that only play 1 or 2 seasons in the NFL and get cut because they're not good enough, then take a 10 year veteran, more camp fodder, a few more seasoned vets and thats like a 4 or 5 year average

Bottom Line

Your starters in the NFL almost always stay in the league longer than 4 years!!! :roll:

Bottom Line

Barton, that's why they call them "averages".

For all thos players that play 1 or 2 seasons and then are cut, you also have the 10-12 year starting vets included in the numbers as well.

Bottom line, longevity in the NFL is not a very good proposition.

Bottom Line

Barton, that's why they call them "averages".

For all thos players that play 1 or 2 seasons and then are cut, you also have the 10-12 year starting vets included in the numbers as well.

Bottom line, longevity in the NFL is not a very good proposition.

If you're a good player/starter, more than likely you'll be playing in the NFL for far longer than 3 seasons. Thats all I'm sayin 8)

Like Andy Katzenmoyer?

Injuries play just as big as a role in players longevity as total suckiness.

Bottom line, it's a brutal game.

If you're a good player/starter, more than likely you'll be playing in the NFL for far longer than 3 seasons. Thats all I'm sayin 8)

Like Andy Katzenmoyer?

Injuries play just as big as a role in players longevity as total suckiness.

Bottom line, it's a brutal game.

Archived