Belichick on Troy Brown

PatsFanTX

Just a hunch, I think Troy Brown has agreed to a deal with the Saints and these are BB's parting words of "thanks".

Sorry Garb. :(

---------------------------------------------------------

Belichick credits Brown

By Michael Felger

Friday, May 20, 2005 - Updated: 06:53 AM EST

It's easy to see why certain charities hit home for Bill Belichick .

Big Brothers is one of them, and the Patriots [stats, news] coach had a packed room on its feet last night when he spoke about mentoring, leadership and attitude. The speech had meaning because the audience not only recognized those attributes in their own lives, but also as a part of the Pats' three Super Bowl titles.

The most moving part of Belichick's speech may have related to receiver Troy Brown, who was released from the Pats in February and remains a free agent.

``Leadership is about one word on the Patriots,'' said Belichick. ``One word: attitude. . . . I haven't been around a better leader in 30 years in the NFL than Troy Brown. And he would never stand up in front of the team and give a speech. It's just not what he does. But he always comes in prepared and ready to help the team. Whatever I ask him to do, he does. Play defensive back. Return punts. Whatever. He'll do it for the good of the team, and that's a great leader.

``It can be a team of two or a team of 100, leadership is leadership.''

Not that he shows it to the media, but Belichick has developed a flair for speech-making in recent years. That was on full display last night.

``There are only two things that anyone has: name and reputation,'' said Belichick. ``It's not style. I mean, look at me. It's not what car you drive or what watch you wear. Think about our team. You think about Adam Vinatieri , you think clutch. Tom Brady , poised. Willie McGinest , tough. Mike Vrabel , versatile. Corey Dillon, dependable. Troy Brown, team player. Tedy Bruschi [news], energetic. All of those players earned that. You can't buy that.''

Belichick spoke about his mentors growing up at the Naval Academy, where his father was a coach. For him, Heisman Trophy winners like Joe Bellino and Roger Staubach were the people from which he drew lessons. That experience was part of what made him want to contribute his time to Big Brothers.

``It's the mentoring aspect of it,'' said Belichick. ``We've all had one at one point in our lives, so it's great to be a part of this event.''

Prior to the speech, dozens of young fans and their Big Brothers got to meet Belichick and get their picture taken with the coach. They left the photo op beaming.

``It was pretty cool because I'd never seen him before. I said `Hi,' '' said Dennis McLune, 9, of Hyde Park. McLune's Big Brother, Cliff Aziz, congratulated Belichick and said he was getting used to the ``D'' word - for dynasty.

``(Belichick) didn't respond to that,'' said Aziz with a laugh. ``I guess he didn't like the word.''

Just a hunch, I think Troy Brown has agreed to a deal with the Saints and these are BB's parting words of "thanks".

Sorry Garb. :(

---------------------------------------------------------

Belichick credits Brown

By Michael Felger

Friday, May 20, 2005 - Updated: 06:53 AM EST

It's easy to see why certain charities hit home for Bill Belichick .

Big Brothers is one of them, and the Patriots [stats, news] coach had a packed room on its feet last night when he spoke about mentoring, leadership and attitude. The speech had meaning because the audience not only recognized those attributes in their own lives, but also as a part of the Pats' three Super Bowl titles.

The most moving part of Belichick's speech may have related to receiver Troy Brown, who was released from the Pats in February and remains a free agent.

``Leadership is about one word on the Patriots,'' said Belichick. ``One word: attitude. . . . I haven't been around a better leader in 30 years in the NFL than Troy Brown. And he would never stand up in front of the team and give a speech. It's just not what he does. But he always comes in prepared and ready to help the team. Whatever I ask him to do, he does. Play defensive back. Return punts. Whatever. He'll do it for the good of the team, and that's a great leader.

``It can be a team of two or a team of 100, leadership is leadership.''

Not that he shows it to the media, but Belichick has developed a flair for speech-making in recent years. That was on full display last night.

``There are only two things that anyone has: name and reputation,'' said Belichick. ``It's not style. I mean, look at me. It's not what car you drive or what watch you wear. Think about our team. You think about Adam Vinatieri , you think clutch. Tom Brady , poised. Willie McGinest , tough. Mike Vrabel , versatile. Corey Dillon, dependable. Troy Brown, team player. Tedy Bruschi [news], energetic. All of those players earned that. You can't buy that.''

Belichick spoke about his mentors growing up at the Naval Academy, where his father was a coach. For him, Heisman Trophy winners like Joe Bellino and Roger Staubach were the people from which he drew lessons. That experience was part of what made him want to contribute his time to Big Brothers.

``It's the mentoring aspect of it,'' said Belichick. ``We've all had one at one point in our lives, so it's great to be a part of this event.''

Prior to the speech, dozens of young fans and their Big Brothers got to meet Belichick and get their picture taken with the coach. They left the photo op beaming.

``It was pretty cool because I'd never seen him before. I said `Hi,' '' said Dennis McLune, 9, of Hyde Park. McLune's Big Brother, Cliff Aziz, congratulated Belichick and said he was getting used to the ``D'' word - for dynasty.

``(Belichick) didn't respond to that,'' said Aziz with a laugh. ``I guess he didn't like the word.''

"...so that's why we dumped his ass in the street and spit on him, because we're the Patriots and we can. Will David Terrell come in and work hard and do what I tell him? Maybe, maybe not. But he's tall and he's strong and Troy Brown is not. I don't care if Troy Brown dies in the gutter tomorrow--we're playing for Super Bowls here."

"...so that's why we dumped his ass in the street and spit on him, because we're the Patriots and we can. Will David Terrell come in and work hard and do what I tell him? Maybe, maybe not. But he's tall and he's strong and Troy Brown is not. I don't care if Troy Brown dies in the gutter tomorrow--we're playing for Super Bowls here."

"...so that's why we dumped his a$$ in the street and spit on him, because we're the Patriots and we can. Will David Terrell come in and work hard and do what I tell him? Maybe, maybe not. But he's tall and he's strong and Troy Brown is not. I don't care if Troy Brown dies in the gutter tomorrow--we're playing for Super Bowls here."

See, and that's the difference between BB and Hermy.

BB NEVER loses sight of the ultimate goal. :wink:

"...so that's why we dumped his a$$ in the street and spit on him, because we're the Patriots and we can. Will David Terrell come in and work hard and do what I tell him? Maybe, maybe not. But he's tall and he's strong and Troy Brown is not. I don't care if Troy Brown dies in the gutter tomorrow--we're playing for Super Bowls here."

See, and that's the difference between BB and Hermy.

BB NEVER loses sight of the ultimate goal. :wink:

Tom you forget though. Now that David Terrell is with the Pats he will lose his suckiness and become and all-world three times better than T.O. spit in Randy Moss' eye @ss kickin superstar. :roll:

Tom you forget though. Now that David Terrell is with the Pats he will lose his suckiness and become and all-world three times better than T.O. spit in Randy Moss' eye @ss kickin superstar. :roll:

I read the thread title and assumed there would be pictures.

Bummer.

Max,

I've been working with NFL.com.

After tireless negotiation sessions, they agreed to link JetNation right smack on their front page.

As of 20 minutes ago, this was pretty much a done deal.

Unfortunately, I just received a phone call from Mike Hunt (CEO of NFL.com) and he said they are pulling out.

Said something about "inappropriate posts by certain individuals that are totally non-football related". He said that is the image and element they prefer to stay from.

If I were you, I'd track down the offending culprit and ban their ass immediately.

I read the thread title and assumed there would be pictures.

Bummer.

Max,

After tireless negotiation sessions, they agreed to link JetNation right smack on their front page.

Unfortunately, I just received a phone call from Mike Hunt (CEO of NFL.com) and he said they are pulling out.

Said something about "inappropriate posts by certain individuals that are totally non-football related". He said that is the image and element they prefer to stay from.

If I were you, I'd track down the offending culprit and ban their ass immediately.

Max,

If I were you, I'd track down the offending culprit and ban their a$$ immediately.

What was the name of that guy at NFL.com?? :shock::lol: What's the VP's name, Heywood Jablomie??

Max,

If I were you, I'd track down the offending culprit and ban their a$$ immediately.

What was the name of that guy at NFL.com?? :shock::lol: What's the VP's name, Heywood Jablomie??

How do you get the "hunch" that Troy Brown will not be back from THAT?!

These are "facts":

1) Troy Brown is the only released player who's name plate and property are still at Gillette - his locker is intact.

2) According to two news sources in Boston (yah, not that hot-bed of New England news that is Houston :roll: ) has said that although a few teams have shown interest in Troy, Troy has not agreed to visiting any of them.

3) Troy has instructed his agents to keep their mouths shut. Again, according to local Boston news outlets.

4) Those players that BB waxed poetic about are still on the Pats payroll with the exception of Troy - interesting? Nothing that BB does is without meaning.

5) Troy Brown has been in the league for a thousand years. Does he NEED training camp? No.

These are "facts":

1) Troy Brown is the only released player who's name plate and property are still at Gillette - his locker is intact.

2) According to two news sources in Boston (yah, not that hot-bed of New England news that is Houston :roll: ) has said that although a few teams have shown interest in Troy, Troy has not agreed to visiting any of them.

3) Troy has instructed his agents to keep their mouths shut. Again, according to local Boston news outlets.

4) Those players that BB waxed poetic about are still on the Pats payroll with the exception of Troy - interesting? Nothing that BB does is without meaning.

5) Troy Brown has been in the league for a thousand years. Does he NEED training camp? No.

Max, me thinks you should stick to the homosexual remarks. Relevant Football "talk" 'aint your thing....and it appears that you sense of humor has gone m.i.a. once again..... #-o

Read what BB said again. Leadership - and the certain characteristics that a leader may posses, is what creates TEAM success.

Max, me thinks you should stick to the homosexual remarks. Relevant Football "talk" 'aint your thing....and it appears that you sense of humor has gone m.i.a. once again..... #-o

Read what BB said again. Leadership - and the certain characteristics that a leader may posses, is what creates TEAM success.

These are "facts":

Garb, that's why it is called a "hunch".

Believe me, I hope you are right. You just can't be a Pats fan and not appreciate what Troy Brown means to a football team.

I'd keep him around for one more year with a vet minimum contract for 1-year.

You bet.

These are "facts":

Garb, that's why it is called a "hunch".

Believe me, I hope you are right. You just can't be a Pats fan and not appreciate what Troy Brown means to a football team.

I'd keep him around for one more year with a vet minimum contract for 1-year.

You bet.

Archived