Be The GM: Your First Three Moves

TomShane

So, you get the gig as GM of the Jets (or Pats, Stillers, etc.). What are your first three moves (and they don't have to be overly realistic).

1) Call Herm into the office and tell him, immediately, to shear his media engagements in half and immply that it is all or nothing for his ass this year. Put the squeeze on that zit and see how long it takes him to pop, just to remind him that his job is to win Super Bowls and not be a pub whore.

2) Take a chance on a Ty Law signing. If you have to give him three years at tight money, do it. He adds legitimacy to the team immediately, whether or not he's 100%. He brings toughness and leadership to an otherwise shaky unit. You'd essentially be paying for some swagger in the secondary. Worst case scenario, if he's not moving great, play him at SS. He has the build and mentality for it.

3) Trade John Abraham to Arizona for Anquan Boldin and their 06 first rounder. Boldin is the truth, and he wants out of Arizona, who has Larry Fitzgerald and Bryant Johnson lining up at wideout. It would suck to lose Abe, but the big attraction would be the 06 first, which could be used to nab one of the top LT prospects (of which there are plenty) in next year's draft. Would AZ be paying too much? Yes. But this is Denny Green, remember. He's just as likely to cut Boldin to make a point.

So, you get the gig as GM of the Jets (or Pats, Stillers, etc.). What are your first three moves (and they don't have to be overly realistic).

1) Call Herm into the office and tell him, immediately, to shear his media engagements in half and immply that it is all or nothing for his ass this year. Put the squeeze on that zit and see how long it takes him to pop, just to remind him that his job is to win Super Bowls and not be a pub whore.

2) Take a chance on a Ty Law signing. If you have to give him three years at tight money, do it. He adds legitimacy to the team immediately, whether or not he's 100%. He brings toughness and leadership to an otherwise shaky unit. You'd essentially be paying for some swagger in the secondary. Worst case scenario, if he's not moving great, play him at SS. He has the build and mentality for it.

3) Trade John Abraham to Arizona for Anquan Boldin and their 06 first rounder. Boldin is the truth, and he wants out of Arizona, who has Larry Fitzgerald and Bryant Johnson lining up at wideout. It would suck to lose Abe, but the big attraction would be the 06 first, which could be used to nab one of the top LT prospects (of which there are plenty) in next year's draft. Would AZ be paying too much? Yes. But this is Denny Green, remember. He's just as likely to cut Boldin to make a point.

Worst case scenario, if he's not moving great, play him at SS. He has the build and mentality for it.

Ty Law to SS? Christ almighty man, that's quality stuff there. :lol: FS I could see but no way SS.

Worst case scenario, if he's not moving great, play him at SS. He has the build and mentality for it.

Ty Law to SS? Christ almighty man, that's quality stuff there. :lol: FS I could see but no way SS.

The SS in Donnie Henderson's system doesn't play in the box as much as they do in Crennel's system. Hendu's SS plays alot more in pass coverage that a Rodney Harrison does. Think: Ed Reed.

btw, if I was the Pats GM for a day, I'd ask for the Zapruder film of the Pats War Room when the Logan Mankins and Ellis Hobbs picks came down. Somebody had to be a witness to those crimes of logic.

The SS in Donnie Henderson's system doesn't play in the box as much as they do in Crennel's system. Hendu's SS plays alot more in pass coverage that a Rodney Harrison does. Think: Ed Reed.

btw, if I was the Pats GM for a day, I'd ask for the Zapruder film of the Pats War Room when the Logan Mankins and Ellis Hobbs picks came down. Somebody had to be a witness to those crimes of logic.

1)... do NOT trade john abe as he is the best player on the defensive side of the ball, who makes all the others better. ... make him show he can last the season this year, then lock him up long term IF he delivers all season & through the playoff push.

2) ... continue to reward myself, T-B, with contract renewals in order to keep what i've been doing over the last couple years in progress. As GM i've been doing a very above average job & with the exception of the Bryan Thomas pick have been very smart with the draft, free agents, & salary cap.

3) ... make herm place the clock management skills in heimerdinger's hands. if hackett ran the show the last couple of seasons, let heimerdinger run them this year ... the expression of too many chef's in the kitchen ruin the meal is true ... you brought the heimerdinger in for a reason ... let him run free, both in time management & in play-calling.

l_j_r

1)... do NOT trade john abe as he is the best player on the defensive side of the ball, who makes all the others better. ... make him show he can last the season this year, then lock him up long term IF he delivers all season & through the playoff push.

2) ... continue to reward myself, T-B, with contract renewals in order to keep what i've been doing over the last couple years in progress. As GM i've been doing a very above average job & with the exception of the Bryan Thomas pick have been very smart with the draft, free agents, & salary cap.

3) ... make herm place the clock management skills in heimerdinger's hands. if hackett ran the show the last couple of seasons, let heimerdinger run them this year ... the expression of too many chef's in the kitchen ruin the meal is true ... you brought the heimerdinger in for a reason ... let him run free, both in time management & in play-calling.

l_j_r

1) Inform Herm that this is the year of no excuses..while in the same meeting tell his boy Chad that this is the year of no injuries or his clock will be ticking as well.

2) Sign LJ Shelton or make every effort to get a quality lineman signed after June 1.

3) Trade J Abe but not for Boldin as there are enough wrs on this team. I would shoot for secondary help and last resort take the draft picks and use the money to sign Boulware.

1) Inform Herm that this is the year of no excuses..while in the same meeting tell his boy Chad that this is the year of no injuries or his clock will be ticking as well.

2) Sign LJ Shelton or make every effort to get a quality lineman signed after June 1.

3) Trade J Abe but not for Boldin as there are enough wrs on this team. I would shoot for secondary help and last resort take the draft picks and use the money to sign Boulware.

The defending World Champion and Current NFL Dynasty New England Patriots

Nothing. The Patriots have a plan and they follow it. The plan has landed the team 3 Superbowl titles in 4 years and a 57-16 record.

The defending AFC Championship Game Loser Pittsburgh Steelers

1. Find a dynamic young offensive minded HC and replace Cowher. Too many late seasons failures.

Like the Patriots, the Steelers have a system that works. I would keep with their status quo.

The defending AFC Division Game Loser New York Jets

1. Promote one of the Coordinators or find one that is ready to be a HC.

2. Find a replacement for Curtis. I do not feel Dingleberry is the fix all for Chad.

3. Find a QB Coach or a better one and get Chad to work on his deep passes.

The defending World Champion and Current NFL Dynasty New England Patriots

Nothing. The Patriots have a plan and they follow it. The plan has landed the team 3 Superbowl titles in 4 years and a 57-16 record.

The defending AFC Championship Game Loser Pittsburgh Steelers

1. Find a dynamic young offensive minded HC and replace Cowher. Too many late seasons failures.

Like the Patriots, the Steelers have a system that works. I would keep with their status quo.

The defending AFC Division Game Loser New York Jets

1. Promote one of the Coordinators or find one that is ready to be a HC.

2. Find a replacement for Curtis. I do not feel Dingleberry is the fix all for Chad.

3. Find a QB Coach or a better one and get Chad to work on his deep passes.

IF I'M PFSIKH

1. Extend my short bus I take for my daily walk at the park. Possibly add pleather.

2. Immediately encase my home in a bubble, because that's home to me, and I am the ruler of my kindom.

3. Purchase a beautiful new Smith & Wesson, so my pathetic life can finally be over.

IF I'M PFSIKH

1. Extend my short bus I take for my daily walk at the park. Possibly add pleather.

2. Immediately encase my home in a bubble, because that's home to me, and I am the ruler of my kindom.

3. Purchase a beautiful new Smith & Wesson, so my pathetic life can finally be over.

IF I'M PFSIKH

Nice post dumba$$.

Did I hit a nerve? :roll:

:Spam:

IF I'M PFSIKH

Nice post dumba$$.

Did I hit a nerve? :roll:

:Spam:

Herm makes the playoffs consistently but he is dumb.

Cowher does the same thing with more talented teams and loses. Yet he is a genius.

INTERESTING.

Cowher does the same thing with more talented teams and loses. Yet he is a genius.

INTERESTING.

INTERESTING.

So Did Hackett and Fat Teddy what's your point

Apologist Boy?? And they had something to do

with Game plans not just BBQ Menu's and saying

Howdy to the Press with Words of Wisdom like we

have to get all our Chicken Wings in a row and

you Can't Coach Talent!! Geez Maxie get a Clue

or be like Hermie and just BBQ!! [-X

INTERESTING.

2. Trade Chad Pennington for a warm case of Schlitz

He's only worth a 6-pack.

It's utterly amazing how PennyBoy had a streak of 6 good games in 2002 and Jet fans annointed him the status of a top NFL QB.

The guy is a complete joke. He can't stay on the field and has NEVER done a damn thing against a good defense.

I remember two years ago when 90% (with the exception of Jets4Ever, Jets5Ever & Jets6Ever) of Jet fans said that PennyBoy was a better QB than Brady. :shock::shock:

Take this one to the bank:

The Jets will NEVER play in a Super Bowl as long as PennyBoy is the QB and Dumbo Hermy is the HC.

2. Trade Chad Pennington for a warm case of Schlitz

He's only worth a 6-pack.

It's utterly amazing how PennyBoy had a streak of 6 good games in 2002 and Jet fans annointed him the status of a top NFL QB.

The guy is a complete joke. He can't stay on the field and has NEVER done a damn thing against a good defense.

I remember two years ago when 90% (with the exception of Jets4Ever, Jets5Ever & Jets6Ever) of Jet fans said that PennyBoy was a better QB than Brady. :shock::shock:

The Jets will NEVER play in a Super Bowl as long as PennyBoy is the QB and Dumbo Hermy is the HC.

and if they do, Me. Smarty Pants, what are you willing to bet?? or are you so not sure of your own predictions that you are not willing to put anything on the line? ;)

and if they do, Me. Smarty Pants, what are you willing to bet?? or are you so not sure of your own predictions that you are not willing to put anything on the line? ;)

Is Bill Cowher a good head coach?

Is Bill Cowher a good head coach?

Shouldn't you be placing bets on the next episode of Lost instead of football?

Shouldn't you be placing bets on the next episode of Lost instead of football?

Archived