Be The GM: Your First Three Moves

TomShane

Herm makes the playoffs consistently but he is dumb.

Cowher does the same thing with more talented teams and loses. Yet he is a genius.

INTERESTING.

When has Herm had arguably the best team on the field for any of his playoff games?

Cowher has had prohibitive favorites and choked. He was lucky to get by a 10 win team in the Jets and then got blasted by a team his team dismantled during the regular season.

Herm makes the playoffs consistently but he is dumb.

Cowher does the same thing with more talented teams and loses. Yet he is a genius.

INTERESTING.

When has Herm had arguably the best team on the field for any of his playoff games?

Cowher has had prohibitive favorites and choked. He was lucky to get by a 10 win team in the Jets and then got blasted by a team his team dismantled during the regular season.

The defending World Champion and Current NFL Dynasty New England Patriots

Nothing. The Patriots have a plan and they follow it. The plan has landed the team 3 Superbowl titles in 4 years and a 57-16 record.

The defending AFC Championship Game Loser Pittsburgh Steelers

1. Find a dynamic young offensive minded HC and replace Cowher. Too many late seasons failures.

Like the Patriots, the Steelers have a system that works. I would keep with their status quo.

The defending AFC Division Game Loser New York Jets

1. Promote one of the Coordinators or find one that is ready to be a HC.

2. Find a replacement for Curtis. I do not feel Dingleberry is the fix all for Chad.

3. Find a QB Coach or a better one and get Chad to work on his deep passes.

Interesting take on the Steelers. But why would you get an offensive minded coach? Just curious.

The defending World Champion and Current NFL Dynasty New England Patriots

Nothing. The Patriots have a plan and they follow it. The plan has landed the team 3 Superbowl titles in 4 years and a 57-16 record.

The defending AFC Championship Game Loser Pittsburgh Steelers

1. Find a dynamic young offensive minded HC and replace Cowher. Too many late seasons failures.

Like the Patriots, the Steelers have a system that works. I would keep with their status quo.

The defending AFC Division Game Loser New York Jets

1. Promote one of the Coordinators or find one that is ready to be a HC.

2. Find a replacement for Curtis. I do not feel Dingleberry is the fix all for Chad.

3. Find a QB Coach or a better one and get Chad to work on his deep passes.

Interesting take on the Steelers. But why would you get an offensive minded coach? Just curious.

For several reasons.

First, you always seem to have a Blitzburgh defense. So half of the championship puzzle is already in place.

Second and more importnantly, you have a nice young QB. Couple that with Staley, Bus, Miller, Randel-el and Hines Ward, you have the makings of a very strong offense. I would hire an offensive minded coach to open the offense a little and further maxmize all your talents, especially Ben's.

I am not saying Cowher would stunt his growth, but you do not want to hinder it any and with Cowher's lack of coming through in the big game...new offensive minded coach.

For several reasons.

First, you always seem to have a Blitzburgh defense. So half of the championship puzzle is already in place.

Second and more importnantly, you have a nice young QB. Couple that with Staley, Bus, Miller, Randel-el and Hines Ward, you have the makings of a very strong offense. I would hire an offensive minded coach to open the offense a little and further maxmize all your talents, especially Ben's.

I am not saying Cowher would stunt his growth, but you do not want to hinder it any and with Cowher's lack of coming through in the big game...new offensive minded coach.

For several reasons.

Excellent points. Just a couple of years ago i was lobbying hard for the release of Cowher and Mike Mularkey to take over. I'll be watching the Bills progress closely as i really like MM. Now i think that Ken Whisenhunt is the next young offensive guru to serve a tour with us before landing a head coaching job a couple of years down the road.

Yet another guy that gets away. :x:oops:

For several reasons.

Excellent points. Just a couple of years ago i was lobbying hard for the release of Cowher and Mike Mularkey to take over. I'll be watching the Bills progress closely as i really like MM. Now i think that Ken Whisenhunt is the next young offensive guru to serve a tour with us before landing a head coaching job a couple of years down the road.

Yet another guy that gets away. :x:oops:

For the Jets:

1. Put Herm in the hot seat. He needs to know his ass is on the line. If he can't cut the mustard, then he's S.O.L.

2. Resolve the John Abraham situation. Hook or crook. It doesn't need to be there. It's a distraction. I'd either trade him for cap room/draft picks, or pick up someone who can put this team over the top. He wouldn't be given away.

3. Sit down with all the players and tell them to get their sh*t together. This team has alot of talent. It shouldn't be squandered. They're young, fast, and better be hungry.

For the Lions:

1. Take in the cheers and admiration from the fans, for replacing Matt Millen. Also for firing Steve Marriucci.

2. Get a coach in here that has an aggressive offense that fits what I have on the offensive side of the ball and has a low adjustment period, and has an aggressive defense that fits what I have and has a low adjustment period.

3. Try to get Peter Boulware and Ty Law, in training camp. It solves the secondary and the pass rush problems, on the other side of James Hall and Shaun Rogers. Also, it moves Teddy Lehman to the middle, with Boss Bailey on the weak side. But, then again, that's more of a coaching thing. I just get him the players.

For the Jets:

1. Put Herm in the hot seat. He needs to know his ass is on the line. If he can't cut the mustard, then he's S.O.L.

2. Resolve the John Abraham situation. Hook or crook. It doesn't need to be there. It's a distraction. I'd either trade him for cap room/draft picks, or pick up someone who can put this team over the top. He wouldn't be given away.

3. Sit down with all the players and tell them to get their sh*t together. This team has alot of talent. It shouldn't be squandered. They're young, fast, and better be hungry.

For the Lions:

1. Take in the cheers and admiration from the fans, for replacing Matt Millen. Also for firing Steve Marriucci.

2. Get a coach in here that has an aggressive offense that fits what I have on the offensive side of the ball and has a low adjustment period, and has an aggressive defense that fits what I have and has a low adjustment period.

3. Try to get Peter Boulware and Ty Law, in training camp. It solves the secondary and the pass rush problems, on the other side of James Hall and Shaun Rogers. Also, it moves Teddy Lehman to the middle, with Boss Bailey on the weak side. But, then again, that's more of a coaching thing. I just get him the players.

Archived