A Rod is the MAN

nj meadowlands

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO he said "I got it"

and I LOVE IT

go AROD!

I'm pretty sure he just yelled "yaaaa!!" or something like that lol. Either way it's great to see Sox fans get their panties in a bunch about something that happens all the time.

I'm pretty sure he just yelled "yaaaa!!" or something like that lol. Either way it's great to see Sox fans get their panties in a bunch about something that happens all the time.

Just judging by the way the other team let the ball fall, after he was looking to grab it... seemed like someone had to yell I got it...

Like you said... either way... its awesome

Just judging by the way the other team let the ball fall, after he was looking to grab it... seemed like someone had to yell I got it...

Like you said... either way... its awesome

There was actually a video on YES during the post-game that had a closeup of A-Rod when it happened and it showed clearly that he just yelled and didn't say I got it.

It was bush leauge.

Similar thing happened to me back in high school, think I was a freshman...I stole second, shortstop comes up to me and says it was a foul ball, so my dumb ass starts running back to 1st base and gets tagged out. I ran back to the SS and a scuffle ensued, its bush.

But oh well, at least they won.

We had to watch a total charade in last year's world series where there was suspicion of Kenny Rogers cheating but Larussa wouldnt do anything about it because its an "unwritten rule" or "gamesmanship" not to have the pitcher checked out or something. So I dont want to hear a darn thing about AROD using a cat call to distract a 3rd basemen. According to Joe Torre catcalls are VERY common in baseball and Torre has been nothing but an honest man. Ill take his word.

The heck with these ridiculous unwritten rules. Here is my unwritten rule. WIN AT ALL COSTS. If it's legal, USE IT.

We had to watch a total charade in last year's world series where there was suspicion of Kenny Rogers cheating but Larussa wouldnt do anything about it because its an "unwritten rule" or "gamesmanship" not to have the pitcher checked out or something. So I dont want to hear a darn thing about AROD using a cat call to distract a 3rd basemen. According to Joe Torre catcalls are VERY common in baseball and Torre has been nothing but an honest man. Ill take his word.

The heck with these ridiculous unwritten rules. Here is my unwritten rule. WIN AT ALL COSTS. If it's legal, USE IT.

Say that when the Yanks get thrown at in July.

Don't complain when Jeter get one high and tight. It's legal.

Don't complain when Jeter get one high and tight. It's legal.

We get hit regardless because our coach is in a comatose who doesnt defend his players. DOesnt really matter.

Arod exploited a jobbber minor leaguer lastnight. Kudos to him.

We get hit regardless because our coach is in a comatose who doesnt defend his players. DOesnt really matter.

Arod exploited a jobbber minor leaguer lastnight. Kudos to him.

That's fine, I understand that when you are tied for last place you need to shake things up. Win at all cost. I get it.

Just like slapping the ball out of Arroyo's glove though, it's bush.

That's fine, I understand that when you are tied for last place you need to shake things up. Win at all cost. I get it.

Difference is, slapping Arroyo was illegal. Shouting a catcall is not. Stealing signs, faking a tag so a baserunner slides (which can cause an injury), barrelling over a catcher is part of the game, but shouting a catcall is some soRt of crime? Please. That's why I already said these "sacred" unwritten rules are total BS.

WIN! 'DAS IT!

thor, how is shouting against the rules? thats not slapping the ball out of anybodies hands.

I'm not saying it's against the rules. I'm saying that it's bush. That's all.

I wouldn't do that in my co-ed softball league. But hey, I'm not getting paid 25 million dollars a year to be a professional, either.

How exactly is that bush ?

In all honesty Arod had every right to plant him Arroyo in upper deck. Should he have just given himself up ?

personally I couldn't care less whether it was bush league or not, I just think it was "a little league thing to do". if Toronto fell for it, sucks for them. I just wonder what the reaction would have been if a toronto player did it rounding 2nd, and Jeter fell for it and let it drop....either way, AROD drapes both the front and back of todays Daily News! :)

alg_frontback05_31.jpg

How exactly is that bush ?

In all honesty Arod had every right to plant him Arroyo in upper deck. Should he have just given himself up ?

lol...instead he did this!!!

and actually, it was Miekewicz he should have "planted in the upper deck" he was in the baseline.

a-rod%20slap.jpg

As funny as it was, and it was funny, it is an unwritten rule. Even though we all know unwritten rules are broken seemingly every game. The Yankees needed a win, bottom line. But karma is a b#tch and if the same thing happens to Arod at 3rd base he's gonna have to eat it and not say a word.

Gibbons can go F himself, though. He probably wont even be the manager the next time the yankees and jays lockup.

As funny as it was, and it was funny, it is an unwritten rule. Even though we all know unwritten rules are broken seemingly every game. The Yankees needed a win, bottom line. But karma is a b#tch and if the same thing happens to Arod at 3rd base he's gonna have to eat it and not say a word.

Gibbons can go F himself, though. He probably wont even be the manager the next time the yankees and jays lockup.

Gibbons has better odds than Torre I'd say. Wanna bet a BB forum posting vacation?

Never mind, you don't honor those.;)

I'm not saying it's against the rules. I'm saying that it's bush. That's all.

I wouldn't do that in my co-ed softball league. But hey, I'm not getting paid 25 million dollars a year to be a professional, either.

next thing you know freezing the kicker is "bush" :rolleyes:

Gibbons is the same lunatic who wants to fight his players if they go into a slump. Same moron who shouted down a classy kid Ted Lilly last year on the mound for everybody to see because he wasnt pitching well then went back after Lilly in the dug out.

And now he wants to talk about class and integrity.

STFU you bozo.

I don't mean to sound arrogant but was I right or was I right about the Sox fans getting their panties in a bunch? :rl:

A-ROD A BUSH LEAGUER? HARDLY

Alex Rodriguez's yell at Blue Jays third baseman Howie Clark helped the Yankees secure a much-needed 10-5 win. The play also earned a lot of scorn -- from the Jays, from media observers and from A-Rod-haters. Whether he said "Ha!" or "Mine!", everyone seems to agree it was a despicable act.

"Maybe I'm naive but I thought it was a bush-league play," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. "One thing you know about the Yankees, one of the reasons they're so respected, they do things right. They always have. They've got a lot of pride and a lot of class, they play the game hard, they play the game right and that's not Yankee pride right there. That's not the way they play."

That's not the way they play? Well ... why the hell not?

The Yankees are in last place in the AL East, with a record that recently skirted Washington Nationals territory. They're getting universally bashed for a lack of heart, lack of spirit and a lack of huevos. In pulling a move that's far more common in Little League than in the big leagues, A-Rod at least showed he cared. If the Yankees don't put together a winning streak soon, their season will be over. That's $200 million worth of salaries, the hopes of millions of Yankees fans, and all those awesome Yankees-Royals matchups on the Sunday night Game of the Week, all flushed down the toilet.

Look, I'm not a Yankees apologist. But don't tell me what A-Rod did was bush league. Players have been doing everything in their power to gain an advantage in baseball since Cap Anson wore heavy flannels 130 years ago.

It's not like we need to cite ancient history for examples of players using shady, questionable to downright illegal tactics to win games. Just a few days ago, Ryan Freel raced back to the outfield wall, made a spectacular effort to catch a deep fly, then crashed to the ground. The umpire ran out to see if Freel had caught it. When he saw the ball resting in Freel's glove, he ruled the batter out. Never mind that fellow Reds outfielder Norris Hopper had secretly grabbed the loose ball and placed it in Freel's glove, turning a possible inside-the-park homer into a Web Gem.

When a catcher blocks the plate, it's considered one of the gutsiest plays in the game, often leading to exciting, violent collisions at home. This ignores the fact that the play is completely illegal. Pete Rose should've been able to slide into home in the 1970 All-Star Game, instead of knocking Ray Fosse into next week.

If you're offended by players bending the rules or violating some kind of unwritten code in an effort to help their team, I'd point you to Derek Zumsteg's excellent book on the topic, "The Cheater's Guide to Baseball."

In the meantime, remember that doctoring balls, stealing signs, messing with infield dirt and mound heights, and, yes, yelling at confused infielders are all part of the

I don't mean to sound arrogant but was I right or was I right about the Sox fans getting their panties in a bunch? :rl:

No. I do not see the big deal.

Why are we suspecting anything else from A-Rod?

Archived